UNC CHARLOTTE OWNED ONCE AGAIN

C49er, there's already a law school in Charlotte. We fell asleep at that wheel, for sure.

well, chalotte law school is a private entity. if they wanted to be a public law school, the probably would have approached us. i think we should at least offer to absorb them after their new building is complete and they get ABA accreditted, but i dont think its going to happen. being private they can charge $27,000+ a year for tuition and make some profit. if we are going to have a law school, it will have to be of our own initiative.

EDIT: It should be easier to get a law school than a football team or a med schoolā€¦so we need to get on this.

well, chalotte law school is a private entity. if they wanted to be a public law school, the probably would have approached us. i think we should at least offer to absorb them after their new building is complete and they get ABA accreditted, but i dont think its going to happen. being private they can charge $27,000+ a year for tuition and make some profit. if we are going to have a law school, it will have to be of our own initiative.

EDIT: It should be easier to get a law school than a football team or a med schoolā€¦so we need to get on this.

The administration has been talking about UNC Charlotte getting a law school going on 4 or 5 years now. I graduated back in 06 and at that time I had multiple professors telling me and other classmates that there would be a law school for UNC Charlotte and that it would be up and running by 2007.
Supposedly the administration had made the decision to put the new law school in downtown charlotte. Havenā€™t heard one word on this project since I graduated and neither have any of my former classmates.

Our administration kicks butt!!! :blink: