UNC Charlotte student found dead on the Catawba River

[quote=“stonecoldken, post:180, topic:17465”]I don’t know if it’s good news. Everyone is pretty sure this person didn’t have the mental faculty to premediate murder. I think this is bad news because we’re not looking for the real killer.[/quote]I actually agree ken.

Even if he DID do it, there really isn’t sufficient evidence to convict him of murder. At a minimum he disturbed a crime scene and did not report a murder, but there simply isn’t enough evidence to put the man away for life.

If he were wealthier and had the means to better fight the conviction, it would be overturned.

It’s a sad story that only becomes more sad if the wrong person is being locked away for this crime.

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2013/01/25/3812475/supreme-court-upholds-verdict.html

I still don’t think he (They) killed her. I think they put their dumb ass selves at the scene, touching stuff, leaving DNA and now here his stoopid ass is…in prison for life, cause the evidence says he should be in prison, and his Public Defender hasn’t the smarts/experience to present his case effectively to show he was there, but didn’t commit the murder. I’m a real law-n-order kind of guy, and I want to fry murderers as fast as possible, but I feel sorry for this rube.

This case is back in the news today:

I have thought from the beginning that the original men charged were railroaded. Still do .

This terrible story continues.

1 Like

14 years… Wow.

Justice for Ira. :balance_scale:

1 Like

Horrible. But I’ve never thought he killed her. In fact I think the DNA they supposed to have found was planted.

It has been a while but I think I remember that the DNA they had was very weak in the first place, and was only trace DNA or something along those lines.