Unc-tweetsie road game 11-21-19

Ice and cups were never an issue for basketball games. Just football.

I think you are a probably a pretty good guy, and I will make allowances for spelling in the future in light of your Appalachian education. :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, me trying hard to sound not mountain hick.

Of note, App is playing in a three-game event this weekend at UNCG. They might not have their legs back by Thursday, might be a good opportunity to push the tempo.

2 Likes

and falling to Montana State also probably doesn’t help :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Lucky for App, they get Tennessee Tech for their second game of this weekend’s Spartan Invitational in Greensboro. Host UNCG beat TTU by 34 tonight.

UNCG could probably beat all of these teams by 34.

UNCG lost to Montana State today, so guess not!

Anyway, local viewing party for App game:

My app watch party will be @ the game, in the stands behind our bench. Thank you.

2 Likes

Anyone that can go to this game, PLEASE GO!! Our kids are busting their asses and it’s paying off. Let’s show them as much support on the road as we can, especially vs in-state schools. Really looking forward to some NINERS kicking some app ass on the hardwood. It will help soften the blow of the football loss.

2 Likes

I hope we can look better on the road against app than we did at JMU, this team has some talent, but they will need to learn to win on the road.

1 Like

Which will be higher–Appy’s score or their attendance? Niner Nation can take over their gym.

1 Like

WTF?!?! Is this real?

I’ll be heading up the mountain!

3 Likes

Anyone meeting prior to tip off? I’ve taken off the day from work, so will likely head up some time that afternoon.

I should be able to. We need a location

Hope they post that somewhere on the practice court and in the locker room. Appy did take down the EZU worldbeaters, though. That was an upset along the lines of Space Jam from what SJ has been telling us.

1 Like

I’ll see what I can find. I know the tapp room across from the arena is an option. It would be a bit of a walk to any place on king street, but totally doable.

Appy is small and has twice the turnovers we have and shoots the 3 at a 30% clip. Our defense should smother them…key word is should.

I’ve seen too many teams that shoot 30% from 3 and avg 5 per game go off and hit 10+ 3’s against us at a 50%+ clip and beat us.

However…our size, length and athleticism should bother them and play to their weaknesses (turnovers and poor outside shooting). Not sure how our offense will play against them…especially if they play a lot of zone (which I would expect they would based on the size mismatch and what JMU’s zone did to us)…but if we play defense like we have the last 2 games, we won’t need to score 50 to beat them…I would guess.