Unc-tweetsie road game 11-21-19

Bertram could get minutes. Will be delighted when he improves defensively.

1 Like

He and Vasic both.

And I really would expect them to throw a lot of zone at us so Bert and Vasic could get some valuable minutes and be needed for outside shooting. I hope coach is working overtime with the guys on properly attacking the zone …could result in plenty of inside out kickouts for some open looks. Just need someone that can knock them down.

1 Like

As called on the board earlier, UNCG just blew them the frack out.

2 Likes

We can’t afford to overlook any team.Our last nonconference road victory was nearly two years ago.December 18, 2017 we beat EZU. Let’s break another streak…Go Niners!

See that App vs UNCG was a one point game at halftime. Considering the former’s woeful 2-13 FTs in second half (and 4-19 for game), if they had shot their season average of 63% (still not great), add 8 pts and it’s a 55-49 game. So wouldn’t exactly say Spartans blew them out as much as App didn’t do themselves any favors to keep final margin closer.

1 Like

A quick look over on their message board shows no thread for the game against us. All they care about is their football game against Texas State. One-sport school.

Would be weird to have a Pro-Tar Heel Basketball thread on another school’s message board, no matter how many of them don the powder blue each winter.

Most of those fans don’t even know that App has a basketball team.

Not sure it will be a white out if less than 100 appy’s in attendance :rofl:

OK Niners! You heard them, wear white!

The Holmes dome will run red with their blood.

But all their fans will be wearing Tar Heel blue anyway. It’s basketball season

Who else is going? I am rolling solo.

2 Likes

I’m definitely gonna be there. It’s been quite a while where we’ve been relavent.[quote=“run49er, post:45, topic:34264”]
d
[/quote]

3 Likes

How in the hell does ESPN think App will be favored vs us? lol

4 Likes

Their system doesn’t account for what we added in the off-season.

Which honestly is really good for us.

1 Like

Even good ratings systems like Kenpom are heavily biased by preseason rankings until about 8 or 9 game are played. The lack of a Vegas line suggests to me the smart money is skeptical of current ratings/predictions.

1 Like

You won’t see a Vegas line until late tonight or early tomorrow. Oddsmakers focus on one day at a time when comes to CBB. Despite ESPN, I would imagine we will be favored fairly heavily…I can’t see a lot of money coming in on App without some points.

1 Like

I love having a football team that’s competitive and talking bowling…but the start by the basketball team has me hyped!!!

I soooooooo miss the glory days in Halton, of being ranked consistently and going dancing every year. Maybe that’s what I know more of or maybe I’m just more of a hoops fan…but for all of the hype and good that Healy has brought the school via the football program…I am so much more excited see this basketball team success. In 2-3 years, I think we have a chance to be really, really good…like glory days good again!!

1 Like

i couldnt agree more. i think we can be really really good in sooner than 2-3 years. we are 1-2 more consistent shooters away from being really good. we need bertram or vasic to step up, or williams…and im confident they will.

We will never be giants in football. It just doesn’t happen. Even UCF and Boise - they make their run and then they fall back to earth a bit. Basketball is where we have and we will again make our mark. Football is awesome and I want to win in that, but basketball is where we know we can win big.

1 Like