UNCC police chief embarassment?

[QUOTE=kevinharbin;201922][/QUOTE]
Nice choice Kev!

Nice going with the background check, University officials.

What was the method of qualification on the application?
Be able to sign your name, submit photo… wow, you’re hired.

Nice going with the background check, University officials.

What was the method of qualification on the application?
Be able to sign your name, submit photo… wow, you’re hired.

Maybe the university was to involved in putting academics first.

:smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk::smirk:

:hammer:

Maybe she put the playboy photo on the app.

[QUOTE=49or bust;201908]
I want to know who appointed/hired her.
[/QUOTE]

Probably the same person that allowed the girl to sing before the Georgia State game.

And exactly what took place in the interview process?

Probably the same person that allowed the girl to sing before the Georgia State game.

And exactly what took place in the interview process?

The better question is “Do they have a tape of the ‘interview’?”

This is great press for university whose chancellor has publicly announced the desire for his institution to be taken more seriously and regarded as highly as it deserves to be.

I feel like I need to reply with my ‘Zing’ picture to all of these posts. This is a thread this community has needed for a while.:thumbsup:

[QUOTE=NinerATL2CHA;201946]This is great press for university whose chancellor has publicly announced the desire for his institution to be taken more seriously and regarded as highly as it deserves to be.[/QUOTE]
My thoughts exactly ATL

UNCC PD aren’t very smart.
This blond lady gave me a ticket w/ Thanksgiving as the court date. When I showed up, & they were closed, I was HOT!

UNCC PD isn't very smart. This blond lady gave me a ticket w/ Thanksgiving as the court date. When I showed up, & they were closed, I was HOT!

Ever since this thread was started, you were the one person I was waiting for a response from. I feel let down.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][B]From the Spring 2002 edition of the Syracuse “Quadrangle” newsletter:[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=black][B]Marlene Hall is the new director of the SU Department of Public Safety.[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Hall was selected following a nationwide search that began last May. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=2][COLOR=black]Hall was formerly deputy chief of the LaVergne, Tennessee, Police Department and headed the Crime Prevention Division of Vanderbilt University and Medical Center in Nashville. [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Sounds like she has some decent experience, unless her resume was embellished.[/SIZE][/FONT]

Sorry, NinerLoudNProud.
Ugga, Ugga, Playboy, Ugga.
Is that better?

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;201856]This better not be part of Stamats plan to get us more exposure.[/QUOTE]

Post of the week. Hall of fame material. :clap:

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;202048]Post of the week. Hall of fame material. :clap:[/QUOTE]
I second!

wow, good job nineronline:

[I]The credentials of UNC Charlotte Police Chief Marlene Hall were called into question this week by Charlotte news station WBTV News 3.

In the report, which aired November 27, WBTV reporter Steve Crump reported that Hall, who took the chief position March 2006, is still 100 training hours short of being officially certified as a North Carolina police officer. Crump said Hall was required to obtain those hours by March 2007.

Crump’s report stated that the information was gathered from a letter of a concerned parent; a letter that also informed the reporter of a photo of Hall that appeared in a 1981 issue of Playboy Magazine.

Callers to Hall’s office were informed that she was not in today, and calls to her secretary were not returned. Hall was expected to take part in the 2006 Campus Safety Walk this evening, though her participation in the event has yet to be confirmed.

NinerOnline has been informed that a statement on the situation is currently being prepared, however, it is unclear as to when the University will be ready for it to be released. NinerOnline will post the report as soon as it is obtained.[/I]

[QUOTE=ninerID;202061]wow, good job nineronline:

[I]The credentials of UNC Charlotte Police Chief Marlene Hall were called into question this week by Charlotte news station WBTV News 3.

In the report, which aired November 27, WBTV reporter Steve Crump reported that Hall, who took the chief position March 2006, is still 100 training hours short of being officially certified as a North Carolina police officer. Crump said Hall was required to obtain those hours by March 2007.

Crump’s report stated that the information was gathered from a letter of a concerned parent; a letter that also informed the reporter of a photo of Hall that appeared in a 1981 issue of Playboy Magazine.

Callers to Hall’s office were informed that she was not in today, and calls to her secretary were not returned. Hall was expected to take part in the 2006 Campus Safety Walk this evening, though her participation in the event has yet to be confirmed.

NinerOnline has been informed that a statement on the situation is currently being prepared, however, it is unclear as to when the University will be ready for it to be released. NinerOnline will post the report as soon as it is obtained.[/I][/QUOTE]
Wow! two comments…

1. It is so much better to read when they cite sources, give credit, deliver the [B]facts[/B] and when no one on staff tries to elaborate their own thoughts on the topic. Good job NO staff.
  2. This “concerned parent” I’m guessing has hard evidence of the allegations stuffed behing the board games in their closet… :smirk: I mean who just all of a sudden comes across this info? She had to piss someone off or something.

An updated article has been posted:

[URL=http://media.www.nineronline.com/media/storage/paper971/news/2006/11/27/News/Breaking.News.515.Pm.Uncc.Police.Chiefs.Credentials.Questioned-2510689.shtml?sourcedomain=www.nineronline.com&MIIHost=media.collegepublisher.com][U]NinerOnline[/U][/URL]

Interesting part:

[QUOTE]The division of criminal justice services collects information on all pertinent information on all New York state peace and police officers. “A check of the Divisions peace and police officers registries records found no records pertaining to Marlene E. Hall,” Mark Bonacquist, New York State Division of Criminal Justice Services, said in information Crump forwarded to NinerOnline. “The Divisions also maintains training records which indicate Ms. Hall successfully completed Budgeting Strategies for Smaller Law Enforcement Agencies on 05-20-2004.”

NinerOnline has requested the resume of Hall, but was informed by Academic Affairs that it was unavailable as it is being examined by the UNCC General Counsel.
[/QUOTE]

UNCC PD aren't very smart. This blond lady gave me a ticket w/ Thanksgiving as the court date. When I showed up, & they were closed, I was HOT!

What a genius!

I think they should pardon me, & anyone else who had to show up to traffic court on Thurs. or Fri. when they were closed. Cops are supposed to know the court schedule. I was denied my 6th Amendment rights to face my accuser & a speedy trial, & my 5th Amendment right to not have double jeopardy because they want me to reschedule court because court was closed. I say it’s double jeopardy.