UNCG Fans

I spent 3 years at UNCG for grad school. I never once heard or met a single person who was the slightest bit interested in athletics.

What did you go to grad school for?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^Definitely one of the classiest fans to visit this board.

Please beat Davidson.

Not excatly hard to be classy when you take the kind of butt whuppin we took.

I donā€™t think thereā€™s a lot of smack I could talk.

Dashspartan, youā€™re welcome to drop by any time you want to. Weā€™ve enjoyed your visits. And as youā€™ve already been told, PLEASE BEAT DAVIDSON.

[QUOTE=dashspartan;360351]What did you go to grad school for?[/QUOTE]

film production

[QUOTE=contemptor;360312]They have a decent fan base for home games, their ā€œblue cruā€ or something. For some reason they didnā€™t have any buses to here tonight and not many wanted to drive I guess.[/QUOTE]

They draw no more than 1500 people in their gym. I wish Charlotte would come here to greensboro to play. Maybe we could meet UNCW in the middle.

Tintin

Dashspartan, you're welcome to drop by any time you want to. We've enjoyed your visits. And as you've already been told, PLEASE BEAT DAVIDSON.

Thanks man.

Hate to be honest, but you guys saw what weā€™ve got tonight. Not sure if my boys can make your wish happen this year.

That mess with the revolving foul machines in the post will have to get better in a hurry for us to have a decent season. At least we have a few guys that can make some 3ā€™s in a hurry. That should help spring an upset on somebody.

film production

Thatā€™s why.

If things were the same when you went there as they were when I was there, the fine arts/cinema and liberal arts departments could care less about sports.

[QUOTE=dashspartan;360361]Thatā€™s why.

If things were the same when you went there as they were when I was there, the fine arts/cinema and liberal arts departments could care less about sports.[/QUOTE]

i see what youā€™re saying, but i lived there for 3 years. I travelled all over campus. I TAā€™d general electives that had varieties of students from all different majors. Still, nothing.

At UNCC you see Niner Nation shirts every day walking around campus. It wasnā€™t like that at UNCG.

i see what you're saying, but i lived there for 3 years. I travelled all over campus. I TA'd general electives that had varieties of students from all different majors. Still, nothing.

At UNCC you see Niner Nation shirts every day walking around campus. It wasnā€™t like that at UNCG.

Yea, I can believe that. I transfered in to UNCG after one year at NCSU. By the time I got there I had very few electives to take. Since I was a business major, I spent most of my time over in the Bryan School (business school). Almost everyone I had knew or had classes with went to the basketball games.

Honestly, weā€™re decades behind Charlotte as far as building up a real fan base. That has to start with parents taking their kids to games there and having there kids grow up as UNCG fans (something that has been happening at Charlotte for a while). Right now there are still too many UNCG students that like UNCG but would still say their favorite team is school.

BTW, I went to NCSU. So I like NCSU. My favorite school is the one that I earned my degree from though. Wish some of my fellow alumni thought the same way.

[QUOTE=dashspartan;360365]Yea, I can believe that. I transfered in to UNCG after one year at NCSU. By the time I got there I had very few electives to take. Since I was a business major, I spent most of my time over in the Bryan School (business school). Almost everyone I had knew or had classes with went to the basketball games.

Honestly, weā€™re decades behind Charlotte as far as building up a real fan base. That has to start with parents taking their kids to games there and having there kids grow up as UNCG fans (something that has been happening at Charlotte for a while). Right now there are still too many UNCG students that like UNCG but would still say their favorite team is school.

BTW, I went to NCSU. So I like NCSU. My favorite school is the one that I earned my degree from though. Wish some of my fellow alumni thought the same way.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, the fact that Greensboro is the headquarters of the ACC definitely does not help the cause. Man, I hate the ACC.

FWIW I loved my time at UNCG and found that the city has much more character and soul than does the lifeless banker town of Charlotte

Wow dude.

We had a chancellor that did her best to turn our school into one big commuter university. Wasnā€™t really that interested in athletics. Our coaching staff is still one of the lowest paid in D-1. The new chancellor is saying a lot of the right things. Weā€™ll see how it goes.

As far as fan support, we have a ~2300 seat gym that is mostly filled for every game and sold out for the rivalry ones.

Yea, exactly. Thatā€™s all Iā€™m saying. I wish you all the best tho with the new chancellor. Hopefully for you guys who actually care about the school in the school spirit sense you can get some baller athletics and more kids who care. I would be so pissed if the jerks around here had their way and we just ā€œstayed in our placeā€ and sucked in athletics and had little to no school spirit and churned out more diplomas with the mothershipā€™s name on them.

Yea, I can believe that. I transfered in to UNCG after one year at NCSU. By the time I got there I had very few electives to take. Since I was a business major, I spent most of my time over in the Bryan School (business school). Almost everyone I had knew or had classes with went to the basketball games.

BTW, I went to NCSU. So I like NCSU. My favorite school is the one that I earned my degree from though. Wish some of my fellow alumni thought the same way.

I recommend football and a name change too. A Final Four wonā€™t hurt. Neither will regular NCAA appearancesā€¦ which means you need to start knocking off Davidson.

Ok, those recommendations will cost you $250,000. :shades:

Agreed, the fact that Greensboro is the headquarters of the ACC definitely does not help the cause. Man, I hate the ACC.

I partially agree with you. I spend football season still following the Pack (b/c I have no other team to follow). But come basketball season, itā€™s my Spartans. Iā€™m going to the RBC in 2 weeks, decked in G gear and yelling for the Spartansā€¦

It even chaffs me that when the NCAA tournament is played at the Gā€™boro Coliseum (which I could walk to from my college apartment) it says on that itā€™s being put on by the ACC.

As far as Greensboro itself goes ā€¦ Iā€™ve lived all over the state and I always tell people how cool Gā€™boro is especially with the new downtown. My hometown of Winston is trying hard to replicate it.

I don't see any need to hate on UNCG.

Let them do their thing and weā€™ll do our thing.

Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate.

Now if youā€™ll excuse me, Iā€™m gonna go home and put some water in Bucknastyā€™s mamaā€™s dish.

I recommend football and a name change too. A Final Four won't hurt. Neither will regular NCAA appearances........... which means you need to start knocking off Davidson.

Ok, those recommendations will cost you $250,000. :shades:

An NCAA trip would start to cure some of the ills. Defintely not there this year. But this team will be a ton better come next year.

As far as getting football, Iā€™m hoping you guys create a nice roadmap to follow.

When I go there, Ill do my best to instill some school spirit. Ill raise hell when people wear other schools stuff.

Did you go to high school in Winston, dash? There are plenty of people on this board from the area.

Jeff- Yep ā€¦ W-S Carver

Aight fellas ā€¦ itā€™s nap time for me.

Good luck to the niners this year. Hopefully weā€™ll start a winning streak and not kill your RPI.

If you get time this season, come check out my [URL=http://uncgbasktballfan.blogspot.com]UNCG Basketball blog[/URL] (shameless plug).

Iā€™ll check back in with you guys soon.

Take care.

[QUOTE=49or bust;360372]Hate hate hate hate hate hate hate hate.

Now if youā€™ll excuse me, Iā€™m gonna go home and put some water in Bucknastyā€™s mamaā€™s dish.[/QUOTE]
lol

well Iā€™m all for the Player Haterā€™s ball but I donā€™t think UNCG would have any good comebacks so it would be a bit lopsided

weā€™d definitely be Silky Johnson

lol

well Iā€™m all for the Player Haterā€™s ball but I donā€™t think UNCG would have any good comebacks so it would be a bit lopsided

weā€™d definitely be Silky Johnson

Iā€™ll hate on a sucka til heā€™s totally broke and ainā€™t got nothin like me cause thatā€™s what real hatinā€™s all about.