University City re-branding

did anything ever go into stool piegons’ spot?

the press box cafe…hasnt opened yet to my knowledge

Just remembered: drove by there a couple of days ago and they were doing some sort of construction inside, big dumpsters out front. Saw a sign on one side of the building, “Jimmy’s Place” or something like that, leading me to think it’s going to be basically the same bar/restaurant concept there.[/quote]

Louie’s place. There’s a restaurant in NJ with the same name and lettering style on its sign.

Anybody else really miss the McCallisters that was on HWY 29 near the school? I hate they moved. That place was the perfect place for our pregame meal and my family went there religiously for years before basketball.

The staff told me the landlord of that complex had a lot of issues and they finally had enough and left. Nona’s staff told me the same thing about them leaving.

[quote=“Gassman, post:44, topic:27831”]Anybody else really miss the McCallisters that was on HWY 29 near the school? I hate they moved. That place was the perfect place for our pregame meal and my family went there religiously for years before basketball.

The staff told me the landlord of that complex had a lot of issues and they finally had enough and left. Nona’s staff told me the same thing about them leaving.[/quote]

At least the McCallisters is still in the University area. Just a short trip up Mallard Creek Road and it’s right there!

[quote=“Gassman, post:44, topic:27831”]Anybody else really miss the McCallisters that was on HWY 29 near the school? I hate they moved. That place was the perfect place for our pregame meal and my family went there religiously for years before basketball.

The staff told me the landlord of that complex had a lot of issues and they finally had enough and left. Nona’s staff told me the same thing about them leaving.[/quote]Might explain why that complex is half empty.

I saw that the apartment complex next door (Ashford Green) has residents filing complains about the owners because of bed bugs, roaches, and rodents. It was on WCCB last night.