Unpopular Opinion Thread

I feel that England didnā€™t win at Waterloo as much as Napoleon ensured defeat for the French by a series of strategic errors throughout the conflict.

Need to be in the same conference as ECU to establish rivalry

I donā€™t think that on eis unpopular. Weā€™d kill to be in the AAC right now.

The Gold Rush Auction, while a fun event, is too expensive per ticket.

1 Like

[quote=ā€œTintin, post:61, topic:32610, full:trueā€]
I feel that England didnā€™t win at Waterloo as much as Napoleon ensured defeat for the French by a series of strategic errors throughout the conflict.
[/quote] Post worthy of clt.

clt doesnā€™t care for the French.

The thing is, the Auction is a fund raiser. Charging less per ticket kind of works against that.

Nobody knows how to use unpopular opinion threads.

1 Like

Mike Hill has not done anything special yet. He has merely done what any decent hire would do. That better?

I see your point. And winning games is overrated.

This was a pretty popular opinion in our Athletic Department pre-Hill.

The primary driver for the funds raised though is the auction not the tickets I believe. The more people you have budding the better. Dropping the tickets by $25 could significantly increase the revenue brought in for auction items.

One could argue that if you canā€™t afford the tickets then you canā€™t afford the auction. People who go because the tickets are cheaper will be out of the bidding before they could impact the costs of items.

Disclaimer: I have never been to one because the tickets cost too much.

There are between 1400 and 1500 items being auctioned off. Plenty of opportunity for the folks wanting lower ticket prices to make an impact on auction totals.

Is there a national championship from other school?