Up next: Northeastern - Saturday 11/24 12:30am est

Northeastern are dangerous, but so were Texas State and Oral Roberts and look what we did to them. We really caught a break by the Huskies defeating Belmont. The Bruins are clearly the better team, however Northeastern just took it to them in the second half, outscoring them 35-16 to finish the game. The Huskies did make nine 3’s in the game, which got them back into it, however they aren’t a great team from deep, ranking 258th in the nation for 3pt field goal percentage.

On the season they are now 4-1, however they had a pair of one point wins over Boston U and Princeton to open the season. Their only loss on the season came at home to Vermont 66-55. Their two leading scorers are senior guard Joel Smith (15.5 ppg), who had 26 in their win over Belmont and sophomore forward Quincy Ford (14.8 ppg & 7 rpg. Expect Henry to take Smith who did a great job of shutting down Niles last night. The Huskies rank 330th in rebounds per game, so we should have the advantage down low.

Northeastern will zone us A LOT, so we have to be ready for that. I thought we did a good job adjusting to the zone against Oral Roberts. Don’t expect to see TWill a whole lot tomorrow, more of Benkovic, Ingram and Mayfield who can stretch the zone and open things up for Braz and company down low.

All in all, I will be very disappointed if we don’t take out the championship here. We are the better team and we should just be to big and physical for a smaller Huskies team. Our defense leads us again and I say we win 68-63. I’m going to say where favored in Vegas by -4

Lets go 49ers!!

Saw this thread first and thought: “Dang, we lost”. Then checked the post-game thread and nobody was burning down the house. Someone else got upset in an early season tournament, how about that!
I’d like to see this team play someone good, just out of curiosity. Maybe Northeastern actually will end up the better team than Belmont, it’s hard to tell early in the season, but I’m not sure it’s a break in the long term even if it is a break short term.
I hope Williams can turn it around, there’s simply no reason he can’t hit a consistent 3-pt shot based on how he shoots from 15 - 19 feet. Just step a couple of feet back and use the same form. If he can start doing that, he’ll eventually be a very good player. We need to go out and repaint the three point lines wherever it is he practices and then wait until he’s hit a bunch of them to tell him what we did (i.e. I think it’s all mental).

Anyone know anything about how good NE is this year? Aren’t they in the Northeastern Conference? That conference has produced some good teams throughout the years.

They are in the Colonial. And they aren’t good enough to keep us from being SIX and ZERO.

clt declares that “jake the bear” should be this year’s mascot.

Someone please post a reliable link to watching this game on-line. Thanks!

I will again be watching this live on TV in Belmont. Anyone looking for a place to watch it is welcome to come over.

T-Will had a solid game against Oral Roberts.

Last nights game was worth every minute of getting home from wupass’ house this morning at 4 am. I’ll contine to stay up late for more wins.

Last nights game was worth every minute of getting home from wupass’ house this morning at 4 am. I’ll contine to stay up late for more wins.[/quote]

Agreed.

Thanks for the hospitality wup…see ya again tonight!!

Last nights game was worth every minute of getting home from wupass’ house this morning at 4 am. I’ll contine to stay up late for more wins.[/quote]

Were you the guy Wup was talking to while he finished up playing Call of Duty? Either way, come around more. We need more Redlegs fans on the board.

Were you the guy Wup was talking to while he finished up playing Call of Duty? Either way, come around more. We need more Redlegs fans on the board.[/quote]

Yea that was me and I will be coming around more often because there are 2 loves in my life, Charlotte 49er athletics and Cincinnati Reds Baseball. Oh and I guess my fiance falls somewhere in there too. haha!

Any chance Nickerson plays? It’s a shame he had to miss out on the last couple of games.

Agreed.

Thanks for the hospitality wup…see ya again tonight!![/quote]

KTown is the perfect guest… didn’t even know he was there! ;D

Y’all know we’re playing the university that had the audacity (or should I say “Yankee ingenuity”?) to locate a “branch” of their business school in uptown Charlotte, even though they are located in Boston, Mass. Right? >:D

Yup. I say if we win this tournament then we march up to that branch, do a hostel takeover, and make it a part of the Charlotte campus. I think it would be a good place to put our future (law/medical) school.

what’s the spread for this game?

Charlotte by 4.

Charlotte by 4.[/quote]

As I predicted :smiley:

Hmmmmmm live or dvr. Was nice watching the game in the morning with coffee. Too bad there can’t be games every fri, sat and sun every weekend.