Upcoming Concerts in the QC

[B]You can, for a limited time, purchase what is being called a "Club Passport" through LiveNation.com, for $49.99 flat (no service fees), which will get you into EVERY show @ The Fillmore Charlotte and The[/B] [B]House of Blues Myrtle Beach for the remainder of 2009.[/B]

http://promo-img.livenation.com/lnus/clubpassport/

be very careful about this. I read on the site that you only get in to the concerts that dont sell out. So the bands like hollywood undead and so forth you probably wont get to see

Really hope I get to see Colin Hay, he is one of the most underrated songwriters (not as much with MAW) of the last 10 years. Might as well since I’m having a concert filled weekend that weekend anyway with State Radio Thursday, U2 Saturday and Widespread/Allmans Sunday.

The official formula is:

Age of girls <= (X+7)/2

Where X = your age.

True story.

whoaaaaaa now, I’m 25. That would make it “creepy” for me to be around a 16 year old???

[QUOTE=cibik02;432040]whoaaaaaa now, I’m 25. That would make it “creepy” for me to be around a 16 year old???[/QUOTE]

Nah brother, remember NC law: Old Enough to Drive, old enough to ride.

[QUOTE=cibik02;432040]whoaaaaaa now, I’m 25. That would make it “creepy” for me to be around a 16 year old???[/QUOTE]

yes. Stick with 17. The law and all that rot. Trust me, padawan. You’ll understand that it’s for your own good once you’ve lived through enough drama.

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;432029]The official formula is:

Age of girls <= (X+7)/2

Where X = your age.

True story.[/QUOTE]

F*ck that!!!

My next wife has not even been born yet!!!

I thought Wolfmother broke up? I need to see if it is still original members. Their debut was some awesome 70’s style hard rock.

drivin n cryin at Amos’ on Thur Oct 1 with 1st new record in years for sale.

Truckstop Preachers (think Buck Owens combined with Jim Morrison playing honky tonk) Comet Grill Sat Sep 19

And not here but close, Alice freaking Cooper in Durham Sep 30. Nailed down seats in 1st 15 rows. Just saw him in Columbus Ohio and it was out of control. Lots of old dudes like me but a lot of kids. They must be influenced by Guitar Hero or want to see the true shock rocker before KISS, ICP, Marilyn Manson, etc.

Definitely gotta see Lenny Kravitz and Wolfmother, would love to see BB King but don’t know if I’ll make it. I went to see Chickenfoot about a month ago, anybody else go to that?

[QUOTE=cibik02;431989]will you be the creepy guy standing alone in the corner wearing a Members Only jacket staring at females 10-30 years your junior, making them feel uncomfortable.[/QUOTE]

No. It’s OK. Despite my being almost 40, I’m still cool and the 23 olds look at me like a peer…cause I’m cool…like them…right?

Tintin

Announced Today: LMFAO @ The Fillmore Charlotte Dec. 10. Tix on sale next Friday.

[QUOTE=HaltonHellraiser;432090]Announced Today: LMFAO @ The Fillmore Charlotte Dec. 10. Tix on sale next Friday.[/QUOTE]

Who the hell is LMFAO?

NA, I thought it was X / 2 + 7. That’d put a 30 year old with 22 year olds instead of 18/19 year olds.

[U][/U]Electro-hop group from L.A. Kind of like a Crystal Method. I didnt know who they were either, but I’m trying to keep the thread as varied as possible.

[QUOTE=NLP;432115]NA, I thought it was X / 2 + 7. That’d put a 30 year old with 22 year olds instead of 18/19 year olds.[/QUOTE]

Oops. I stand corrected.

Did I mention I got a D in calculus?

The only ones on my radar are Neko Case, Mastadon, and possibly Wolfmother w/Heartless Bastards.

I got tickets to see Queensryche! I also saw Chickenfoot at the outdoor theater, great show. The opening act was good as well, Davy Knowles, young kid 21, 22, bluesy type rock n roll. He sounded really good.

Actually I forgot, The Vivian Girls are going to be at the Milestone, I am not missing that show.

Roger Daltry. As long as The Who aren’t touring, this is next best thing.

I’m waiting for Yusuf to announce his US tour as well.

And the Charlotte Symphony is performing Beethoven’s 9th (the choral symphony, the one in A Clockwork Orange) this season. That should be neat.

Announced Yesterday: THE MARS VOLTA @ The Fillmore Charlotte OCt. 22. Tix on sale next Friday. (In Raleigh Oct. 23)

[QUOTE=HaltonHellraiser;432039]Really hope I get to see Colin Hay, he is one of the most underrated songwriters (not as much with MAW) of the last 10 years. Might as well since I’m having a concert filled weekend that weekend anyway with State Radio Thursday, U2 Saturday and Widespread/Allmans Sunday.[/QUOTE]

i couldnt agree more. he has a great voice.