VACATE... another meltdown day in Memphis

Karma is a biatch!

[URL=http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/aug/19/source-memphis-tigers-will-forfeit-2008s-record-ba/][B][U]Source: Memphis Tigers to forfeit record 2007-08 basketball season[/U][/B][/URL], Memphis Commercial Appeal
[URL=http://www.commercialappeal.com/news/2009/aug/20/geoff-calkins-ncaa-ruling-less-about-memphis-more-/][B][U]NCAA ruling less about Memphis, more about Calipari[/U][/B][/URL], Memphis Commercial Appeal

Boy Cal is a snakeoil salesman of the highest order.

The state of Kentucky has been taken over by Northern Carpetbaggers.

who doesn’t love waking up to good news, this could affect our 2008 RPI with Richmond and Tulsa picking up a win.

Show those articles to the UK fans you know and which them defend Calipari. It’s almost comical.

Kinda funny about Kentucky too, just the other week their old golden boy, Pitino, got a lot of bad pub too. Tough time to be a Wildcats fan.

Kentucky is in a really bad spot now. They can’t get rid of Cal because he wasn’t implicated in the Memphis situation and he hasn’t gotten caught doing anything wrong there yet. But it is like playing Slap Fight. Much worse than getting slapped is knowing that it is coming, but not knowing when. Wildcat fans will flinch every time a recruit signs.

SCConway just had a heart attack.

scconway can kiss my ass. this could not have happened to a nicer group of fans. i would go to their boards but i was banned a long time ago. along with all the other niners.

So what would have happened if Memphis had beat Kansas in the final? Would the record show no National Champion from 2008? Would KU get the title even though they finished 2nd?

scconway can kiss my ass. this could not have happened to a nicer group of fans. i would go to their boards but i was banned a long time ago. along with all the other niners.

I saw the term “vacate” and I thought SCconway or MissJtiger had to flee their trailer parks

I agree, I hate Memphis fans more than I hate Chapel Hill fans.

So what would have happened if Memphis had beat Kansas in the final? Would the record show no National Champion from 2008? Would KU get the title even though they finished 2nd?

easy question- the runner up is awarded the championship

I saw the term "vacate" and I thought SCconway or MissJtiger had to flee their trailer parks

I agree, I hate Memphis fans more than I hate Chapel Hill fans.

I wonder how this will impact MissJ since she “gave her heart to Cal?” She gave her whining “my love for basketball has been trampled on” diatribe just after he left. I wonder if this would push her to driving off a cliff?

We can only hope.:lmao:

[QUOTE=X-49er;425685]Show those articles to the UK fans you know and which them defend Calipari. It’s almost comical.[/QUOTE]

My boss went to UK and I couldn’t pass these articles along to him fast enough. He’s pretty sensible and he’s even been saying that they are ‘Ridin Dirty’ at UK now with Calipari.

TMZ needs to find footage of Memphis officials sneaking the Final Four banner into a dumpster adjacent to campus.

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;425714]TMZ needs to find footage of Memphis officials sneaking the Final Four banner into a dumpster adjacent to campus.[/QUOTE]

They’ll probably keep it, though it won’t be displayed.

Northern Guilford had their 3-A basketball state title stripped for using an ineligible player(s), yet the school booster club still gave the team state championship rings AFTER the title had been stripped.

Memphis = 2 Final Fours

BOTH STRIPPED!

they define dirty program

[QUOTE=metro;425718]Memphis = 2 Final Fours

BOTH STRIPPED!

they define dirty program[/QUOTE]

One article I read said they have been to the final three times. So on the record, they are down to one just like us. And ours was more recent.

Just read the comments below the above linked articles. Hilarious! Looks like Memphis fans are going to cry themselves to sleep at night with video of that season playing in the background and telling themselves "the NCAA cleared him. It's not fair!" Too bad they don't have any actual penalties for a player letting down his school and teammates by being dishonest.

I do kind of wonder why there hasn’t been more flack thrown at Kansas for Arthur’s grade changing in high school. Shouldn’t Kansas face the exact same penalty? Assuming it’s shown Arthur was not in fact eligible when he played. I don’t think I’ll be holding my breath to see the NCAA throw the book at Kansas. Maybe right after they come down with penalties on USC for the whole Bush fiasco.

[QUOTE=metro;425702]I saw the term “vacate” and I thought SCconway or MissJtiger had to flee their trailer parks

I agree, I hate Memphis fans more than I hate Chapel Hill fans.[/QUOTE]

Just can’t get there. I hate the Duke and UNC-Ch more than I should be allowed.

Not that I have any love for Memphis

But they still have their memorabilia!!