Viacom cutting channels from TWC

I mentioned this in the shoutbox. Apparently I will be losing some of my favorite channels on New Years Day.

The channels that would be affected are: [B]Comedy Central[/B], CMT: Pure Country, Logo, Palladia, MTV, MTV 2, MTV Hits, MTV Jams, MTV Tr3s, Nickelodeon, Noggin, Nick 2, Nicktoons, [B]Spike[/B], The N, TV Land, VH1, VH1 Classic, and VH1 Soul.
Losing those channels would kill me. They make up a good 75% of what I watch.

Here’s the article:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081231/ap_on_bi_ge/viacom_time_warner_cable

Yeah, I noticed the black band message across the bottom of Comedy Central.

Damn. Not sure whose side I take. Sounds like Viacom is right tho. American families can afford < $3.65 more a year for those networks. Though I also think they should just get rid of MTV all together.

Really it should all just be moved to internet. If people can watch it there then why not have it there? I’m seriously considering not owning a television or at least not buying cable/dish when I move into the real world. I’d rather waste my time in front of a computer than a television.

You’ve got to be ****ing kidding me… I better get a ****ing lower rate then. TWC does nothing but have a lack of channels, ****ty service, always messed up channels where I have to reset my box to correct it. It’s nothing but a huge ****ing joke and waste of my money.

Come on TWC…Doing this for customers? More like doing it for your profit margin.

wait so you mean to tell me these channels will just be turned off… ive never heard of such a thing… fyi palladia is a great channel if you like music

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;373109]You’ve got to be ****ing kidding me… I better get a ****ing lower rate then. TWC does nothing but have a lack of channels, ****ty service, always messed up channels where I have to reset my box to correct it. It’s nothing but a huge ****ing joke and waste of my money.[/QUOTE]

These are my exact feelings towards TW. That’s why I got rid of them 3 years ago.

They have me by the balls on such short notice. Not kidding when I say that we probably cannot go more than a few days without Noggin. My kid loves that channel.

Just ask Steve Smith what would happen in his house with no Dora the Explorer.

Chaos, I tellya. Chaos.

PS - Losing Comedy Central would make NA even more grumpy than usual.

I’m so glad I don’t have cable TV anymore. My antenna has served my just fine.

Screw Viacom, I’m sure I can catch anything that comes on Comedy Central online somewhere. The other channels I could care less for. They tried to do the same extortion act with Dish Network a few years back and Dish held out. They finally reached a deal, but Dish was playing hardball with them. I’m glad that they did that, good job TWC, don’t let them jack up the rates because their greedy asses want more money.

since time warner is doing is this for the customer, i assume i will get a partial refund for the channels i no longer get.

clt says time to man up and get directv.

fyi palladia is a great channel if you like music
Hell yeah man, I LOVE palladia. It's even better on a 46 inch hdtv. This sucks.

If I have to do without Comedy Central, I’m gonna have to be pissed off. This better be rectified by midnight.

CC is the biggest loss for me. My wife however watches all the retarded shows on MTV (Hills, Hills spinoffs), and VH1. She’s going to flip, and if she doesn’t have those shows that means there is going to be more bitching going on, god forbid it would lead to more stuff getting down around the home.

today at work should be a lot of fun

today at work should be a lot of fun

I’d call you so I could actually get somethings done, but you just sell the stuff. How is it to sell an inferior and ****ty product?

Yeah, it is funny that they tell people to call customer service, because that wont actually do anything.

[QUOTE=cltniners;373126]clt says time to man up and get directv.[/QUOTE]

Yup. Its so much better. And cheaper.

I blame all of this on Powerbait.