Viacom cutting channels from TWC

Also, TWC is screwed either way. If we raise their rates, we’re gonna hear about it. If we lose Viacom, we’re gonna hear about it.

Yeah, it is funny that they tell people to call customer service, because that wont actually do anything.

same round-a-bout they give you when you call just to wonder why ESPN is black. Then they just reset your box.

[QUOTE=Powerbait;373155]Also, TWC is screwed either way. If we raise their rates, we’re gonna hear about it. If we lose Viacom, we’re gonna hear about it.[/QUOTE]

I can see what you’re saying, but your company should be more savvy on the PR end. If you’re gonna dig in, you’d better address your customers when you decide to instead of letting them see a trailer across the bottom of the screen.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;373150]I blame all of this on Powerbait.[/QUOTE]

:lmao:

How can a company just do this? There gonna lose alot of business…

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;373161]I can see what you’re saying, but your company should be more savvy on the PR end. If you’re gonna dig in, you’d better address your customers when you decide to instead of letting them see a trailer across the bottom of the screen.[/QUOTE]

Not defending the company on this end.

TWC is also being divested in 09, which may mean we are comcast soon.

Wow. Yet another reason to switch to dish. TWC is pathetic.

Question for all those that know more about this sort of stuff. Why doesn’t Direct TV ever have any problems with contracts with their channels? Does it work differently? If I switch to Direct TV will I see the same with with different channels down the road?

They had a similar problem with Viacom a few years ago, I believe.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;373150]I blame all of this on Powerbait.[/QUOTE]

And isn’t that what this thread is really about?

I’ve got DirecTV. I’m trying to watch #'s 80-60 on VH1’s Top 100 hard rock songs of all time (which by the way is null in void by having a Pat Benatar song ahead of Janes Addiction, but I digress), and I’ve got this annoying ****ing banner scrolling across the bottom of my screen telling me whats gonna happen to TWC customers.

This **** has to end. I got DirecTV so that I never have to know what is going on with TWC and their terrible product.

I can live without most of those…BUT NOT COMEDY CENTRAL!!

[QUOTE=casstommy;373177]
I got DirecTV so that I never have to know what is going on with TWC.[/QUOTE]

:frowning:

[QUOTE=Hooner49;373178]I can live without most of those…BUT NOT COMEDY CENTRAL!![/QUOTE]

Honestly, I hate everything Viacom. But I don’t watch TV. If I were losing Showtime, I’d be pissed.

I can’t complain, I pay $12 a month and somehow get 35 analog and 75 digital channels (including HD of network channels).

CC is the biggest loss for me. My wife however watches all the retarded shows on MTV (Hills, Hills spinoffs), and VH1. She's going to flip, and if she doesn't have those shows that means there is going to be more bitching going on, god forbid it would lead to more stuff getting down around the home.

yeah…you better hope Mel doesnt see this post…haha. No sexy time for you!!!

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;373118]They have me by the balls on such short notice. Not kidding when I say that we probably cannot go more than a few days without Noggin. My kid loves that channel.
[/QUOTE]

x2

Has anyone looked into AT&T UVerse?

Apparently, we’ve been in talks with them about this for a while and they just blindsided us by going public. They told us they were going public this morning, as soon as they did it.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;373183]I can’t complain, I pay $12 a month and somehow get 35 analog and 75 digital channels (including HD of network channels).[/QUOTE]

Legally, I don’t think TWC can charge extra for HD local channels since they are already broadcast over the air for free.

I can get FiOS, Dish, Uverse, etc.

I really dont want some sweaty fat guy of dubious intelligence or integrity drilling holes into my house and installing all of that crap unless I know I’m in it for the long haul. The one thing I will say about TWC is that it is remarkably easy to get rid of. Just take the box & remote to a mall kiosk and say “do not want”.

[QUOTE=Max Power;373191]Legally, I don’t think TWC can charge extra for HD local channels since they are already broadcast over the air for free.[/QUOTE]

My mom & brother installed indoor antennas for their HDTVs and each of them get about 15 channels (some redundancy), many in HD, for free. They just got tired of $80/mo bills for satellite & cable.

I gotta say, it’s damn tempting. If I didn’t hate major network TV so much, and love sports so much, I’d do it.