Virtual Tailgate with Ron, Will and Mike 4/25

out. gotta work

Not sure Iā€™ll be able to do it. Middle of Saturday and Iā€™m prepping for a move. Hope yaā€™ll have fun.

Is it too late to sign up for this? How do I pay it? My email address is rsteagall@carolina.rr.com .

Not too late! I need to add yā€™all to FB group. The donate link will be posted Saturday.

1 Like

I may not be able to attend, depends on this grad school final project which is taking much longer than I thought it would.

Are you ready for us to contribute to the Emergency Fund?

Ok, got the tailgate link and contribution made. Thanks!

@NinerWupAss jtayl215@uncc.edu Iā€™m in.

I want in Rob, dwhit350@yahoo.com.

Thank everyone that joined! Raised over $7k and itā€™s still coming in. Great seeing all of you!

9 Likes

Was a fantastic event.

Can you give some highlights?

Tintin was delightful.

1 Like

based on the interaction weā€™ve had in person, it wouldnā€™t shock me.

It really was pretty cool. Touchstone kind of mcā€™d the whole thing. Rob did a toast, the fund was touched on (how much raised, how many kids had requested funds, etc).

Sanchez was on early and chit chatted for a few mostly ragging on Healy.
He spoke for a few minutes, touched on how they cannot give the players specific workouts as their is no supervision and this is very frustrating. Also said a a lot of the kids wish they were in Charlotte instead of stuck at their parents house. He also talked a smidge about recruiting but said he was a little old school and was having a little more trouble recruiting that the younger Healy who recruits this way a lot anyway.

Healy came up next. He was geeked about the draft so far and told a great story about how the Jets gm (correct me if Iā€™m wrong) was an old coach of his from Richmond and he called to ask about Cam ā€¦and then didnā€™t take him (jets had three picks in the 4th) and Healy called to question him and was told to relax he was going to be picked at 129, so Will (and Eli) knew it was coming, so that was cool.
He spoke about his being home, how everyone was staying on task, and trying to keep the players motivated.
JMT asked about missing the season etc, and Will basically said ā€œ we donā€™t know, no one knows and as far as Iā€™m concerned weā€™re playing in Knoxville in front of 107000 drunk rednecks o. September 5.ā€
Also gave us a chunk of recruiting news that I will address off the public forumā€¦message me ā€¦or someone more nuanced in recruiting etiquette that. I can brief the nation about that tidbit.

Hill came on and talked a lot of common sense. Sounds like we are moving back the capital campaign because they still need to get it front of big donors eyes, but also because itā€™s more important now that our students should have enough to eat.

He addressed student fees and how that not having kids in this summer will hurt and not having kids this fall would really hurt. He also said we have reserves so while it sucks, itā€™s not catastrophic but says some of our peers arenā€™t so lucky and this going to kill their departments.

He discussed bringing the spring sport seniors back and while that was a terrible business decision, it was the correct decision ethically and threw a little shade at some of the big schools that arenā€™t doing that.

It was about here I tried making my contribution and kind of zoned out as my card wasnā€™t working.

He spoke a little about licensing but said a lot of that was out of his hands. He also spoke about the rebrand and hoped to have something In a few months. I apologize if Iā€™m missing details, but my stupid card wouldnā€™t work.

That was kind of the end of the coaches and ad portion.

There was a little post game, but I donā€™t think anything to crucial was discussed other than some fun tidbits about Hillā€™s wedding and the normbulance.

We ended up raising roughly 6000.00 during the call and Healy tried to get Sanchez to take his shirt off. Good times.

Edited to add, I wrote this on my phone in a car in a hurry. I apologize for bad grammar, misspellings and stuff that just doesnā€™t make sense.

3 Likes

Panthers drafted an fiu corner back? REALLY!!!?? REALLY!!!???

Healy did mention a recruit was committing at the end of the month that would make us #1 in recruiting in CUSA. Anyone know who that is?

Also Hill blinked twice about the POD system being gone this coming season in MBB.

1 Like

Why does it say ā€œRegularā€ after d_whitleyā€™s name? Does this imply that the rest of us are irregular?

The commit is Anthony Jackson.

1 Like

Ehhhhā€¦ but is it?