Wake-Charlotte Thread on the Wake boards

Wake-Charlotte thread on the Wake boards. We’re taking a beating as usual.

http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=192&F=1118&NO=5#S=192&F=1118&T=626301

It’s ashame, I tried to post something nice despite the unkind remarks.

Rationalizing with people who went to a private university is like trying to explain yourself to slime mold.

I wonder if they hung a banner for that last place ACC finish last year?

they talk big for a school thats gone to the same number of final fours as us and with better talent.

they talk big for a school thats gone to the same number of final fours as us and with better talent.

i wonder how many final fours tim duncan took them to?

Looks like it’s primarily [B]DemonDorKE[/B] that is spewing the hate. This is the same guy who lacked the stones to post here when challenged. He got embarrassed the last time around.

You’d think he’d have shed the bitterness by now, but nope. Still there, in spades.

DemonDKE is most likely a charlotte student who didn’t make it into Wake but still thinks they care 1/10th of what he cares about them. I have read their board a number of times on some issues involving our school and he seems to be the only real ass clown about our school. Others will talk some level of junk, but we do the same to other schools. However, DKE has consistant hatred for our school.

I am glad to see yet more trashing of the a10 and how we should have stayed in CUSA. The absolute ridculous continued support of the atrocious conference we are in is sickening sometimes. Please, step outside from NNN and look at what others think of our “respectable” conference.

I liked how one guy asked why Wake even plays agrees to play us. Here’s a taste of some of Wake’s OOC schedule last year…

James Madison
@ Bucknell
Elon
Gardner Webb
App State
Winston Salem State
ECU

…Really bold schedule for an ACC team. That looks no better than a lot of our OOC games.

It says a lot about you as a person when you have to try to demean someone else, just to make you feel good. I feel sorry for DemonDKE really. It’s sad.

:49ers:

NinerID, the Wake fans would be trashing any conference we’re in. The fact that they are ignorant of why we’re no longer in Conference USA just magnifies the arrogance of ACC fans. If we had stayed in C-USA, then they would be trashing it and wondering why we didn’t leave with Cincy, DePaul, UofL, Marquette, et al. If we had been taken in by the Big East, then they’d be trashing that conference. Afterall, there were those who were questioning the Big East’s continued membership in the BCS after BC, Miami-FL, and VT bolted for the ACC and the BE replaced them with Cincy, Louisville, and South Florida on the football side of things. When it comes to hoops, many ACCers just assume that the rest of us consider them numero uno forever and a day. :rolleyes:

Geeze those guys sound like dicks. HELLO! You won by like 1 point and your leading fouler finished the game with 0 fouls! Home cooking anyone!?

I would love to win this game and shut them the hell up. Anyone know how their team is shaping up?

Geeze those guys sound like dicks. HELLO! You won by like 1 point and your leading fouler finished the game with 0 fouls! Home cooking anyone!?

I would love to win this game and shut them the hell up. Anyone know how their team is shaping up?

they got some decent talent coming. nothing to bost about though.

jamie skeen, ish smith and kevin swinton are the only guys i’m worrying about. everyone else on their team are 3 and 4 star players that i haven’t heard or seen much from.

fwiw… we both sucked 2 years ago when we played. I was at the game with another charlotte alumn and 2 wake alumns. all 4 of us had a hard time watching. one of the ugliest games (from both teams) i’ve seen in a long time. unfortunately they were slightly less atrocious than we were.

[QUOTE=the daxified one;243605]they got some decent talent coming. nothing to bost about though.

jamie skeen, ish smith and kevin swinton are the only guys i’m worrying about. everyone else on their team are 3 and 4 star players that i haven’t heard or seen much from.[/QUOTE]

Swinton transfered, he was terrible anyway.

Swinton transfered, he was terrible anyway.

i remember that now but he was “supposed” to be good. i just remember reading a lot of positive recruiting information about him. didn’t know if he panned out well or not.

Swinton will play under Coach Moss after sitting out next season.

Link: [URL=http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16568][B]http://www.ninernation.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16568[/B][/URL]

I really think that Wake fans “hide” behind the message board to talk trash about other schools because in public if they were to bring similar responses they would get out numbered extremely fast. They seem really confident online, but I guarantee if you met some of the more boisterous posters from their board, you wouldn’t have as emotional a discussion with them.

The FACT that we lost to one of their worst teams gives us very little trash talking space at this time, “home cookin”, notwithstanding.

uhhh, it was one of our worst teams as well and in their building!:tongue:

[QUOTE=919R;243896]uhhh, it was one of our worst teams as well and in their building!:tongue:[/QUOTE]

read my post above. thats just another excuse. but when you boil it all down… they got the W. :confused: