Wake Forest Home Game 11-17-19 6:00 Tip

Some humorous reading among the pregame write-ups. Easy to tell those who did their research vs those who didnā€™t.

From Sports Chat Place:

Dear SCP writer, just because a local annual rivalry game is known as ā€œThe Battle ofā€¦ā€ doesnā€™t mean the actual game turned out to be one. Yes, itā€™s called the Battle of Kings Mountain, but the Revolutionary forces routed the Tories! Ditto the Niners over the Cats!

From CBS Sports:

Dear CBS writer, what about the roster makeover for the home team? If thatā€™s what you mean by ā€œbetter game plan,ā€ then Iā€™ll cut you some slack.

And, of course, from the Big O:
GSAP-SVG-Animation-404-Error-Milk-Carton

1 Like

clt asks if the o still exists?

Anybody know of a site to stream the game? ESPNU is the one channel I donā€™t get with my sports package? Haha.

Which service do you have? Spectrum will prorate per day, cheap.

On the West Coast now. I have Exfinity Comcast.

Woohoo!!

Sweet!

Hail Charlotte 49ers!!! :call_me_hand:t4::call_me_hand:t4:

Jahmir Young and the 49ers are CHURCH!

BOOM! There we go!

That D was impressive!

Good win. The isolation offense the last 4 minutes of the game almost blew the game. How many isolations in a row, like 3-4? Sanchez mentioned it in the postgame and that they were wrong for changing and the coaches will learn from it.

The back door assists are a thing of beauty. When the ball is moving on offense, normally a good shot goes up.

Defense is really scrappy out there. We arenā€™t giving up as many wide open shots previous years teams would.

Vasicā€¦ Iā€™m sure he doesnā€™t feel great about his minutes he had out there so I wonā€™t pile on too much. Iā€™m sure it is hard to enter the game cold and see yourself with an open 3 that you prob would make in practice or being warmed up. Iā€™m guessing the other guys taking his minutes are just a step quicker out there.

Young looks read good on offense. 4-5 from 3. The team was 5-12 from 3. With Wakeā€™s size inside the team could have settled for 3s but didnā€™t.

Guys that drive to the basket or get a rebound and their are 2-3 opposing players on top of them, PASS it out. I guess they are trying to get fouled and maybe they are coached to do that but you would think making the extra pass will find someone open.

2 Likes

Great win. Wonder why robb is playing so much. Why isnā€™t bertram playing. Refs tried to give the the game. We need one more player to step up offensively and we could be really good.

1 Like

Whose minutes does Bertram get? Only so many minutes to go around. I prefer an 8 man rotation. Players may appear equal to us but they are not, the coaches can tell. He may get minutes against other teams where he has a better defensive guarding matching and like you said, help up shoot out of a zone defense.

Back ro back games weā€™ve actually looked like a basketball team !
Cant wait to make the trip to Boones Thursday !

2 Likes

My guess is defensive playā€¦assume Robb is more scrappy and quick than Bertramā€¦but I would love Dirty Sanchez to find some minutes for Bertramā€¦we need outside shooting threats badly.

But maybe not at the expense of our defenseā€¦which is phenominal to this point.

3 Likes

clt says we won despite of the refs

4 Likes