Wake Forest Home Game 11-17-19 6:00 Tip

We played a lot more guys against JMU. Some of them are weak defensively, which is why they aren’t seeing the floor much now.

1 Like

Agree. Worst thing you can be as an official is inconsistent. They were consistently inconsistent.

Agree. Also thought they missed a lot of travels on both sides last night. Felt like WF got the majority of the benefit through my green tinted glasses, but we definitely walked at least twice that I saw and it wasn’t called.

1 Like

Jahmir Young gave up 19 points to Childress on 17 shots on less than 50% shooting, while outscoring him by 5 points on 5 less attempts. Also with 6 less turnovers than Childress. Jahmir thoroughly outclassed a solid senior ACC guard, the future is bright with him.

1 Like

?? He played 11 minutes.

But I agree about possibly having 1 more 3 point shooting threat to help out the offense.

Agreed. Under 3:00 mins I was trying to figure how we could give the guy a rest because he was spent. I think/hope Milos will accept this role eventually.

Interesting stat : We’ve held opponents to less than a point per posession.

So anyone still worried about us playing slow, boring basketball?

3 Likes

I was worried but I am ok now.

1 Like

Second on this for Bamba. Love his hustle and he’s a lot better than expected. Played a controlled game within the system and his passing was very impressive!

As to Vasic. I wouldn’t get down if I were him. First game back from a year off and he’s playing Wake. Expect him to be rusty. The dude can play. We know that from his Freshman year and I fully expect him to be a key contributor as the year moves ahead. And yes I know this is a bad Wake team but they still have some big ACC caliber athletes and that’s tough to come in against rusty.

2 Likes

I agree, Vasic wasn’t awful against JMU game 1 in his minutes. He’ll be fine for us.

Good piece from the Winston-Salem Journal and not once is the word “upset” used!

3 Likes
5 Likes

I noticed a few times on the broadcast that after Wake would trim into our lead, the announcers would say something like “Wake finally settling down” or “Wake is starting to exert themselves”. Seemingly ignoring that the opponent may be the reason for Wake being behind.

4 Likes