WBC

Anybody else watching the dutch beating the DR in the eighth?

The Dutch are playinga bunch of AAAA guys and Randal Simon. One of their pitchers played in the Carolina league last yearand induced a base loaded DP in the 5th. The DR has all star major leaguers (Jose Reyes on the DR bench because Hanley Ramirez started) and can’t seem put runs on the board.

I love this stuff.

Tintin

Isn’t DR one of the favorites to win the whole thing this year?

Netherlands got a great start from Sydney Ponson and were able to push across 3 runs in the first inning without hitting a ball out of the infield.

And it’s over.

That’s awesome.

[QUOTE=Tintin;389936]Anybody else watching the dutch beating the DR in the eighth?

The Dutch are playinga bunch of AAAA guys and Randal Simon. One of their pitchers played in the Carolina league last yearand induced a base loaded DP in the 5th. The DR has all star major leaguers (Jose Reyes on the DR bench because Hanley Ramirez started) and can’t seem put runs on the board.

I love this stuff.

Tintin[/QUOTE]

Yep- good minor leaguers can play with mlb guys all day. Or win 3 or 4 out of 10 I’d wager.

Just like when colleges beat them in spring training.

[QUOTE=metro;389942]Yep- good minor leaguers can play with mlb guys all day. Or win 3 or 4 out of 10 I’d wager.

[B]Just like when colleges beat them in spring training[/B].[/QUOTE]

In that event, do they use wood or aluminum bats?

Wood.

Votto just hit one about 900 feet off of Peavy.
I love that Canada has all these awesome hitters and started journeyman former Expo who’s been out of the bigs for 3 or 4 years Mike Johnson. Canada really has our number in baseball.

Tintin

Great game between the US and Canada. US hangs on 6-5 in a thriller.

I loved the announcers jerking off Pedro Martinez making Dutch hitters look bad. As the Wedding Singer would say, whoopppitty dooooo!!!

This has been fun to watch, it sucks most in the USA don’t care about it.

I’d like to see the Dutch beat the Dominans again, tied a 0 in the 7th right now in the elimination game.

Go NED! I love this tournament. I think it is amusing how all the Americans were ticked off at a poor showing in '06. Like it’s supposed to be automaticaly ours. There is talent all over the globe, and with pitching matchups and facing each other in single games, anyone can win. Luckily the Americans have Rollins and Victorino. They know a thing or two about winning championships.

Luckily the Americans have Rollins and Victorino. They know a thing or two about winning championships.

that’s right man! With the solid Phillies representation we can’t go wrong. :tongue:

I wish the Dominican/Dutch game was on normal tv. It was 0-0 going into the 11th, DOM scored 1 in the top and now the Dutch have matched it.

I think Holland just won!

I think Holland just won!

Yeah they did, and now the Dominican Republic is out.

DR loses. There goes my WBC bracket.

Tintin

[QUOTE=CMack124;390889]I wish the Dominican/Dutch game was on normal tv. It was 0-0 going into the 11th, DOM scored 1 in the top and now the Dutch have matched it.[/QUOTE]

I agree. This game should have been on ESPN 2 instead of the blow out that was Italy/Venezuela. It would have allowed more people to get into the WBC. Unbelievable that the Netherlands could beat the D.R. twice. The Dutch had 3 players with MLB experience and the Dominicans had multiple all-stars.

I agree. This game should have been on ESPN 2 instead of the blow out that was Italy/Venezuela. It would have allowed more people to get into the WBC. Unbelievable that the Netherlands could beat the D.R. twice. The Dutch had 3 players with MLB experience and the Dominicans had multiple all-stars.

The TV was set in stone before the tournament started. Obviously ESPN didn’t think the Italians would pull off that upset over the Canadians, and if either the Canadians or the Americans were in the game, the TV ratings would have been better for any other matchup including Dom/Dutch.

They also didn’t think the DR would get upset

[QUOTE=Ninerballin;390910]The TV was set in stone before the tournament started. Obviously ESPN didn’t think the Italians would pull off that upset over the Canadians, and if either the Canadians or the Americans were in the game, the TV ratings would have been better for any other matchup including Dom/Dutch.[/QUOTE]

I was just really saying that its too bad. There is no way of predicting upsets. I wish coverage was like CBS where they switch back and forth between in order to get the good games on. Of course that wouldn’t be fair to MLB Network’s rating.