WBTV on Spangler/Friday

WBTV sends a big Screw You to Spangler/Friday

[URL]http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/15885272.html[/URL]

I feel very sorry for the girl who felt she couldn’t be on TV, it is obvious her professor has lied to her about football/academics and she is brainwashed.

Bitch should get some balls, & DISagree w/ her Prof.
I didn’t kiss a55 when I was in school. All of my teachers liked debate, of course, I was a Poly Sci major.

If college football is good enough for nearly every school in the University of North Carolina system, why isn't it good enough for UNC-Charlotte?

That is the question many are asking after two of the state’s best known educators said the 49ers should forget the gridiron.

Great lead-in by WBTV… Why isn’t the Observer taking this approach instead of the “UNC Leaders Say No to UNCC Football” approach.

They used my helmet on the air! I posted that exact helmet on here a long time ago. I made it was a Jets helmet by peeling on the sticker and applying a decal. That’s freaking cool.

In a nutshell: imo they don’t want the Big Four, and Clemson just down the road, to have another competitor for recruits in this area. Potential to throw a big wrench in the ACC football works, more than a third of the conference! Das why dey’s agin it!:biggrin:

[QUOTE=CLoudNiner;298428]In a nutshell: imo they don’t want the Big Four, and Clemson just down the road, to have another competitor for recruits in this area. Potential to throw a big wrench in the ACC football works, more than a third of the conference! Das why dey’s agin it!:biggrin:[/QUOTE] Most definitely. And this is common knowledge for many of us.

We ran into the same issue in basketball when we joined CUSA. Some very influential people in this city and this state tried to dissuade us from joining.

Most definitely. And this is common knowledge for many of us.

We ran into the same issue in basketball when we joined CUSA. Some very influential people in this city and this state tried to dissuade us from joining.

Sorry to beat a dead horse.:tumble:
Wow! I am surprised to learn of that regarding the CUSA membership.

Had no clue! Did they actually ask us to leave the CUSA?

Apparently that girl didnt read utters blog on academic money and athletic money - and neither did her prof

Apparently that girl didnt read utters blog on academic money and athletic money - and neither did her prof

I think it is mainly that some people believe money donated to academics will be switched over to athletics/football. I understand their concerns but I also believe if that were to happen, in the end it would make up for itself, b/c as we broaden the school to more potential applicants (both in numbers and quality), they in turn years later will donate to their academic colleges.

[QUOTE=CLoudNiner;298430]Had no clue! Did they actually ask us to leave the CUSA?[/QUOTE]
No one asked us to leave CUSA. But certain people of influence in the state and city were opposed to us joining CUSA.

I think it is mainly that some people believe money donated to academics will be switched over to athletics/football. I understand their concerns but I also believe if that were to happen, in the end it would make up for itself, b/c as we broaden the school to more potential applicants (both in numbers and quality), they in turn years later will donate to their academic colleges.

I understand that… but at the same time I think that at least some of the money coming in for academics right now is coming from people who like both football and basketball - I wouldnt think they would change their donations over to football if they havent already done so for basketball.

I dont know - that might be a completely stupid statement. I’m probably an idiot.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;298437]I think it is mainly that some people believe money donated to academics will be switched over to athletics/football. I understand their concerns but I also believe if that were to happen, in the end it would make up for itself, b/c as we broaden the school to more potential applicants (both in numbers and quality), they in turn years later will donate to their academic colleges.[/QUOTE]
I see what you’re saying… but if we would get our fair share of state funding, it would help academics more than anything.

Bitch should get some balls, & DISagree w/ her Prof. I didn't kiss a55 when I was in school. All of my teachers liked debate, of course, I was a Poly Sci major.

SCK,

you recent posts have not really sounded quite like yourself…

in in fact they don’t sound dumb or illogical at all! I think I’m starting to not hate you anymore.

I see what you're saying.... but if we would get our fair share of state funding, it would help academics more than anything.

No doubt

Good coverage! :thumbsup: Nice job WBTV!

Great coverage. We don’t need to explain why we should have football. They need to defend why we don’t already have it. I have yet to hear anything reasonable to that end.

I feel very sorry for the girl who felt she couldn't be on TV, it is obvious her professor has lied to her about football/academics and she is brainwashed.

Reminds me of that nutjob History grad student on Niner Online who was always trying to make those Schulken-like arguments against football.

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again,

It is UNETHICAL for professors to give a biased opinion on football. Students look up to professors and probably even feel pressured to agree with the professor so they dont fail.

WBTV and David Whisenant…definitely giving the movement great coverage. Well done!!

clt has met whisenant multiple times. a great guy.

interestingly enough, he is an app state grad. clt hopes that this is a start of a greater revolution of all state schools who get the shaft in funding.