We will get football supposedly???????

Dr. Marks in the music dept. said in pep band practice that 24 million dollars from the latest ~$100million campaign is going to the athletic dept and they are using most of that to start a football team by about 2010. He also said that the soccer fields across Mallard creek Church rd. were purchased by the school and that this is where the stadium will be.

:eek:

Is this really true??

WOW This is great newsā€¦ do we have any type of confirmation from the AD???

I urge people to be skeptical about this, but I am wondering if anyone on here can shed any light on it.

those fields are in a tremendously low lying areaā€¦ iā€™ld hate to see a game played there during or recently after a good rain. hehehehe. I remember one day after days of rain, the water came up and was over the handicap parking signsā€¦ which are a solid 5-6 feet tall. lol.

That saidā€¦ Bring on the pig skin!!!

I donā€™t know how he can say something like that, especially since Chancellor Woodward came out and said last year we donā€™t have any plans for football.

There IS a master plan that shows a football stadium across Mallard Creek. This is nothing new. A chunk of the over 110 million raised will go to athletics in some form. I havenā€™t heard the football part of it. Weā€™ll definitely have football, itā€™s just a matter of when.

Is there a released breakdown of how the money ($100+ million) will be spent? Has this money begun to be spent yet?

When I win the lottery tomorrow night, we will have football in 2006.

Exciting newsā€¦ hope it comes to fruition.

[i]Originally posted by C49er[/i]@Oct 18 2005, 11:41 PM [b]Is there a released breakdown of how the money ($100+ million) will be spent? Has this money begun to be spent yet?[/b]
Yes, there was a breakdown released when they announced the $116million raised. I looked for it, but can't find it on the school site now. There was an amount set aside for athletics, I don't remember the amount though. For some reason I thought it was a much smaller portion, but I'm not completely sure. Somewhere close to $10million sounds more like it to me for some reason.

And all money given to athletics was under a general ā€œathleticsā€ heading, no specifics as far as I remember.

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Oct 18 2005, 10:15 PM [b] those fields are in a tremendously low lying area.....I remember one day after days of rain, the water came up and was over the handicap parking signs... which are a solid 5-6 feet tall............ [/b]
There's our home field advantage.

B)

[i]Originally posted by Anborn[/i]@Oct 18 2005, 10:15 PM [b] those fields are in a tremendously low lying area... i'ld hate to see a game played there during or recently after a good rain. hehehehe. I remember one day after days of rain, the water came up and was over the handicap parking signs... which are a solid 5-6 feet tall. lol.

That saidā€¦ Bring on the pig skin!!! [/b]

Back when I was in school, Iā€™ve seen the area flooded nearly out to Highway 29. Iā€™m sure the creek flows similarly during heavy rains now, but with proper engineering placing the stadium and parking lots in flood-proof areas shouldnā€™t be a problem. Thatā€™s a good place for it too, as it will be easier for us out-of-towners to access it and get away at the conclusion of the games.

I find it kind of hard to believe that a music professor would be the one to break this kind of news. Why donā€™t you just ask Dr. Marks where he heard that?

Hey leftyā€¦can you link that master planā€¦I know its on the school site I am just having a hard time finding it.

Hereā€™s the link to the 2000 Master Plan. The map with football will probably be difficult to find. The best way is probably to submit a request to the University Facilities management.

http://fmbld02.uncc.edu/MasterPlan/The2000Plan.htm

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Oct 18 2005, 10:49 PM [b] When I win the lottery tomorrow night, we will have football in 2006.

Exciting newsā€¦ hope it comes to fruition. [/b]

when you win the lottery you will get raped on taxes first, would be nice if you could force the NC state tax part of it to go directly to UNCC football though. thats probably more improbable than the odds of winning the lottery.

Iā€™ve always figured that land was not suitable for any type of buildingā€¦seems almost like a wetlands area?

Theyā€™d have to add lots of dirt to get it above flooding level & pass floodplain inspection.
But hey, letā€™s go Niners!
Whatā€™cha gonna do, when the Niners run wild on you? I predict in their rookie year, the Niners will win the D-1AA Football Playoff to be Natā€™l Champs!!!

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 12:33 PM [b] I predict in their rookie year, the Niners will win the D-1AA Football Playoff to be Nat'l Champs!!!!!!! [/b]
I'll take that bet. What's the wager?

If Iā€™m wrong then you bet against your school. LOL.

It really seems odd to me that we havenā€™t heard about this before Dr. Marks said anything. Iā€™m not taking it seriously right now.

i talked to Dan DeVos and he said Dr. Marks should not speak of what he knows nothing of. point in case dr. marks said they were preparing to have a MARCHING BAND by 2010 not a football team. We still have to finish completely updating the baseball stadium, and indoor tennis facility. Both projects costing over a million dollars each.