We will get football supposedly???????

[i]Originally posted by the daxified one[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 02:37 PM [b] i talked to Dan DeVos and he said Dr. Marks should not speak of what he knows nothing of. point in case dr. marks said they were preparing to have a MARCHING BAND by 2010 not a football team. We still have to finish completely updating the baseball stadium, and indoor tennis facility. Both projects costing over a million dollars each. [/b]
DeVos is the man.

Marching bands typically march on football fields.

Hmmmm.

[i]Originally posted by the daxified one[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 02:37 PM [b] i talked to Dan DeVos and he said Dr. Marks should not speak of what he knows nothing of. point in case dr. marks said they were preparing to have a MARCHING BAND by 2010 not a football team. We still have to finish completely updating the baseball stadium, and indoor tennis facility. Both projects costing over a million dollars each. [/b]
why on earth would we need a marching band by 2010?!?! where the fubar would they preform? local HS games? seems like a waste of time/money. unless they are looking to have football by 2011. :/

an indoor tennis facility would be awsome, but only for the varsity atheletesā€¦ put lights on the varsity courts we already have, cheaper (by millions) and more useable by the entire student body.

[b]why on earth would we need a marching band by 2010?!?! where the fubar would they preform? local HS games? seems like a waste of time/money. unless they are looking to have football by 2011. :/ [/b]

Agreedā€¦if we get a marching band BEFORE we get a football teamā€¦than I am giving up all hope on this university!!

If we build a stadium in that flood plain the maybe we could include a marina for boats to pull up and party ala the U of Tennessee. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley: :lol:

:lol:

Seriouslyā€¦its not at all uncommon to build in ā€œflood planesā€ā€¦nothing a little clever engineering couldnā€™t fix!

clt will add a little. he has also heard the football stadium on that site rumor. according to the meck gis system (which can be dated) the site is two parcels owned by the state and meck county.

The majority of the site is in a 100 yr floodplain but there is enough room for the stadium on higher ground. With proper engineering, the site could meet impervious surface requirements.

Clt thinks the best site is on campus, just south of the charlotte research campus where the athletic fields currently are.

I think since Dr. Marks is a University emp., & he said so, then I feel the U. is now legally obligated to have football by 2010 in my opinion.

dr. marks is also despised by everyone on this campus. so i really donā€™t consider his opinion worth while honestly.

[b]dr. marks is also despised by everyone on this campus.[/b]

Why???

[i]Originally posted by casstommy[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 03:46 PM [b] :lol:

Seriouslyā€¦its not at all uncommon to build in ā€œflood planesā€ā€¦nothing a little clever engineering couldnā€™t fix! [/b]

Ask New Orleans about their clever engineering. :stuck_out_tongue:

[i]Originally posted by casstommy[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 04:40 PM [b]
[b]dr. marks is also despised by everyone on this campus.[/b]

Why??? [/b]

The man is royally retarded. Should be teaching in a high school setting. Thinks he knows more than he already does. Was smart enough to royally piss judy off and that alone almost ended the funding for pep band. Need i mention more?

Royally retarded? :smiley:
Is that like King George 3rd of England level of craziness? Lol.

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 01:59 PM [b] If I'm wrong then you bet against your school. LOL. [/b]
Betting against your team is smart. Because then if they lose, you win $$, and if they win, who the h$%^ cares about a few bucks!!!! WE WON :)

hahahahahahahahahaā€¦ Dax called someone else retarded.

:smiley:

[b]We will get football supposedly?????[/b]

Iā€™ll believe it when I see the team take the field and a kickoff is made.

metro speaks:

this is the gayest, most sillly thread I have ever read

[i]Originally posted by UNCCTF[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 08:44 PM [b] hahahahahahahahaha... Dax called someone else retarded.

:smiley: [/b]

stats you have to agree with me on that though. youā€™ve known him longer than i have. I personally think he needs to go teach high schoolers.

[i]Originally posted by metro[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 11:21 PM [b] metro speaks:

this is the gayest, most sillly thread I have ever read [/b]

Are you trying to defend Judy??? :smiley:

[i]Originally posted by the daxified one+Oct 19 2005, 05:42 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (the daxified one @ Oct 19 2005, 05:42 PM)