We will get football supposedly???????

[i]Originally posted by RWORKMAN09+Oct 19 2005, 05:01 PM-->
[b]QUOTE[/b] (RWORKMAN09 @ Oct 19 2005, 05:01 PM)
[i]Originally posted by casstommy[/i]@Oct 19 2005, 03:46 PM [b] :lol:

Seriouslyā€¦its not at all uncommon to build in ā€œflood planesā€ā€¦nothing a little clever engineering couldnā€™t fix! [/b]

Ask New Orleans about their clever engineering. :stuck_out_tongue: [/b]
If we built the stadium and surrounding parking areas to resemble New Orleans, we would dig down about 10-15 feet around the creek and level it to start construction, then build a large earthen berm (levy) beside the creek extending downstream and upstream as long as possible, and then hope that it never crested it. :blink: Then when it flooded we would fuss at the National Guard and anybody else we could asking them - how could this have happened? :ponder:

Nice avatar X.

Whatā€™s w/ the boring definition?
Dude it is wrong to bet against your school.
If I ran a bookie operation, I wouldnā€™t accept bets on UNCC.

To those opposed to football.
Iā€™m tired of grads of other schools talking junk.
An A&T Grad asked me who UNCC played this weekend this morning, & the Clemson, Savannah St., & Illinois St. grads all laughed.

Another sign we need football. The Canadian at work says UWO (the University of Western Ontario) has Canadian college football. We canā€™t get beat out of having football by Canadians!

[i]Originally posted by stonecoldken[/i]@Oct 24 2005, 09:44 AM [b] To those opposed to football.... [/b]
I really don't want to start the same old tired conversation again but I have to say something because I am so tired of seeing this same statement.

NO ONE IS OPPOSED TO FOOTBALL!!!
WE WOULD ALL LOVE TO HAVE FOOTBALL!!!

Just because we have some posters (myself included) that think itā€™s ridiculous to consider it right nowā€¦DOES NOT MEAN WE DONā€™T LIKE OR WANT FOOTBALL!!!

WE ALL WANT FOOTBALL
WE ALL LOVE FOOTBALL

Some of us simply realize that itā€™s not feasible to consider at this time. Just quit making it sound like our lifeā€™s goal is to squash the football idea because we simply donā€™t LIKE it or donā€™t WANT it.

Itā€™s frustrating to see my words twisted into a statement Iā€™ve never made.

Noone on this board has said they donā€™t want footballā€¦but thatā€™s what you get labled if you simply oppose the ideaā€¦for any reason.

Sorry for the rant.

Iā€™ll say it K-Townā€¦I donā€™t want football!

Why? Because college football is worthless to me. Just look at the no playoff, no national champion policy they haveā€¦donā€™t get me started againā€¦

I want football if we can maintain basketball to get it.
I donā€™t want to be USF and have a mediocre football and basketball program.
I donā€™t want football if itā€™s not on campus. Anybody catch any of the UAB/USM game Friday? Lot of empty seats.
If itā€™s legit D1, Iā€™m in for 2-4 seats. If itā€™s D1-AA, Iā€™m in for a couple of games a year.

Tintin

Football will probably happen by 2015, when the university reaches 30,000 students.

Why then you ask?, well it simple.

Standard student fees for football at other schools are between $50-75 a year, so in 2015 there will be enough students to spread the financial support for it without a major outcry over student fee increases. Most wouldnā€™t notice an increase of $35 bucks a semester as long as tuition keeps rising at the current rate! 30,000 students will generate enough for about 50% of the revenue for Football and Title IX for a D1-AA program (about 2.3 Million), which is about right.

The move to D-1A will depend on public support, which will depend on actually fielding a team in the first place.

As the state has no plans to limit student #'s at Charlotte, and seeing that this is the fastest growing region in the Carolinas, and we still have over 50% of owned land undeveloped; then we have the potential to reach 40,000 or even 50,000 students by 2025-30.

Chancellor DuBois is a football man, he helped start the Mountain West Conference, which is the top MidMajor conference and may even be better then the Big East. He knows the importance of athletics to the universityā€™s image. We only need to be patient and SUPPORTIVE!

[i]Originally posted by 49RFootballNow[/i]@Oct 25 2005, 08:10 PM [b] ...We only need to be patient and SUPPORTIVE! [/b]
At last. The most common sense I've heard from a "pro" football poster. I think you just hit the nail squarely on the head. We may end up getting football but it won't be until we garner more support....which takes time.

Patience & support.

I

couldnā€™t

agree

more!

We donā€™t need patience, we need action, & action by those who are dedicated will build support.

[quote=ā€œAnborn, post:23, topic:8884ā€]

Originally posted by the daxified one@Oct 19 2005, 02:37 PM
i talked to Dan DeVos and he said Dr. Marks should not speak of what he knows nothing of. point in case dr. marks said they were preparing to have a MARCHING BAND by 2010 not a football team. We still have to finish completely updating the baseball stadium, and indoor tennis facility. Both projects costing over a million dollars each.

why on earth would we need a marching band by 2010?!?! where the fubar would they preform? local HS games? seems like a waste of time/money. unless they are looking to have football by 2011. :confused:

an indoor tennis facility would be awsome, but only for the varsity atheletesā€¦ put lights on the varsity courts we already have, cheaper (by millions) and more useable by the entire student body.[/quote]

I wish Dax was back. Then we would know for sure if we could expect a marching band for Christmas.

Careful, you might get what you wish for.