what are we missing?

We need a Plavich, a Jobey, a Diego. We need someone that will have the other teams zone leaning, thus opening up the middle.

I cite our win against Cincy at Halton in about 95. Cincy stretched their zone so far that Curt and Eddie were tearing up the middle.

Green is just not that guy (but he is awesome in other ways).

Harris had a bad game this time out (though itā€™s nice to see him hitting ftā€™s again). But he is really not the problem on offense on a consistent basis. Green and Andersen had a number of open looks from 3 and couldnā€™t hit them. Most of these looked like good shots, they need to make the other team pay for giving them the open look, considering one of the main foci of the offense is to get them an open look. Green is a streaky shooter, heā€™s either hitting everything he throws up or missing open shots (at least lately). Andersen just canā€™t seem to hit anything with consistency this year, not sure what happened to his shot since it wasnā€™t this bad last year. Itā€™d be nice to see other guys get more chances to score (Wilderness on the drive, or Barnett and Sirin who were a combined 0-2). And the low-post guys still seem to struggle passing out of the double team. Iā€™d like to see them just pass it in and out a few times to stress the opposing defense. Too often Spears or Braswell go for the quick move in a poor position, and end up with a tough shot or getting blocked.

Sure, weā€™d love to have a creating pg who can hit 3ā€™s all the time, but who wouldnā€™t? Harris usually fills his role well (when he isnā€™t making so many turnovers). Iā€™d like to see him make 1 or 2 3 pters a game if the other team leaves him wide open. But Iā€™m glad heā€™s being selective about his shot.

Green sucks at using screens.

Then again, our bigs suck at setting screens, especially Phil. Phil has been great recently, but if he doesnā€™t stop moving out of the way before the guy heā€™s screening even gets there he should be smacked upside his head.

Focus Focus Focus. With a 10 pt lead , the ball, and the crowd screaming we gave up two quick turnovers and never seemed to recover. That was the turning point.

A coach who puts an emphasis on the importance of good ball movement.

When you watch almost any game and admire and be jealous of the other teamā€™s offensive sets and ball movement, it starts to be really sad.

I literally watch other teams offenses and it makes me so mad why ours look soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awful.

I DO NOT GET IT?

What is our offensive strategy? We donā€™t pass the ball around fast.

Our offense is OFFENSIVE!!!

Well, weā€™re not missing ESPN time. The highlights all over ESPNU.

Offense strategy, excecution and coaching!

Seeing our offense and that of other teams is like wearing Keds while your brother is rockin the new Jordans!

Why is our offensive movement so bad? Why do our plays not give us good open shots at the basket? Why do we not move the ball around the court with quick passes and no dribbles?

Why does our offense look like a pick up game at the local Y? Our offense is OFFENSIVE!

[quote=ā€œhootie, post:19, topic:22464ā€]Seriously- we are missing a PG that is a threat with the ball and a 3 that is a threat with the ball. Put Ian on the floor and you have the world guarding 2 players in the half court set.

Love Harrisā€™ heart, but heā€™s limited by height and shooting ability. Dew and Wilderness just arenā€™t threats unless itā€™s layups or put backs- personally Iā€™d give KJ some of those minutes.

Weā€™re pretty good when Greenā€™s on, when heā€™s off, weā€™re not going to beat a good team and now that teams have figured that out theyā€™re keying on him and we havenā€™t had anyone step up. Going to be a long 5 games if someone doesnā€™t grow a set.[/quote]

Harris made terrible decisions against the press last night which is very unusual for him. Seemd out of sorts all night long. We actually played very well last night when Green ran the point.

Green wasnā€™t defended that well last night. He had plenty of open looks and missed them. Not to mention he commmitted 4 lazy, silly fouls. After he missed his first few shots he started to force everything. His bad night is on him NOT the Dukes defense.

Defense sucked last nightā€¦23 assits and 50% shooting is inexcusable! soft soft soft and why do we continue to double down on big men that have no post moves and no outside shot??? Left Clark and Duty with WIDE open 3ā€™s all night long. I donā€™t understand that at all!!!

Ian sucks! Nice kid but no defense or physical presence at all. And when he failed to box out Duty on that FT right before half I lost it!!

Offense strategy, excecution and coaching!

Seeing our offense and that of other teams is like wearing Keds while your brother is rockin the new Jordans!

Why is our offensive movement so bad? Why do our plays not give us good open shots at the basket? Why do we not move the ball around the court with quick passes and no dribbles?

Why does our offense look like a pick up game at the local Y? Our offense is OFFENSIVE!

Spears needs to give the ball up from time to time. Once he gets it, itā€™s not going to anyone else 99% of the time.

I couldnā€™t find my pants last nightā€¦ really.

[quote=ā€œEJNiner, post:29, topic:22464ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:19, topic:22464ā€]Seriously- we are missing a PG that is a threat with the ball and a 3 that is a threat with the ball. Put Ian on the floor and you have the world guarding 2 players in the half court set.

Love Harrisā€™ heart, but heā€™s limited by height and shooting ability. Dew and Wilderness just arenā€™t threats unless itā€™s layups or put backs- personally Iā€™d give KJ some of those minutes.

Weā€™re pretty good when Greenā€™s on, when heā€™s off, weā€™re not going to beat a good team and now that teams have figured that out theyā€™re keying on him and we havenā€™t had anyone step up. Going to be a long 5 games if someone doesnā€™t grow a set.[/quote]

Harris made terrible decisions against the press last night which is very unusual for him. Seemd out of sorts all night long. We actually played very well last night when Green ran the point.

Green wasnā€™t defended that well last night. He had plenty of open looks and missed them. Not to mention he commmitted 4 lazy, silly fouls. After he missed his first few shots he started to force everything. His bad night is on him NOT the Dukes defense.

Defense sucked last nightā€¦23 assits and 50% shooting is inexcusable! soft soft soft and why do we continue to double down on big men that have no post moves and no outside shot? ??? ? Left Clark and Duty with WIDE open 3ā€™s all night long. I donā€™t understand that at all!!!

Ian sucks! Nice kid but no defense or physical presence at all. And when he failed to box out Duty on that FT right before half I lost it!![/quote]

Listen, yes Harris had 8 TOā€™s but to say that we played well when Derrio was ā€œrunning the pointā€ is a bit misleading. Harris played 38 minutesā€¦and I assure you when he was in, he was not at shooting guard or center

Our problems are not with Harris (u will all see that next year when you are wishing he was here). Green needs to relax and stop trying to be a shooter, which he is not. He is a scorer and needs to take what he is given (ie. more of an oportunitist)

Agree Dew and Wilderness have to provide more. Dewā€™s rebounding and effort is getting him minutes but we need points consistently from this position.

and if Spears learns to occasionally pass when doubled (or quadroupled as he was last night) then it will make teams hesitate fore colapsing

These are things that can and should be addressed by coach staff. Weā€™ll see in a few days

[size=5]Tennessee hostesses![/size]

Scary but true. I love Derrio, but he should not be counted on as a consistent shooter. When he is on from 3 it opens up so many things for us, but as you said, heā€™s a scorer/opportunist first and shooter second. We need to bring in an athletic 3 who can shoot and slash.

[quote=ā€œNinerLove, post:33, topic:22464ā€][quote=ā€œEJNiner, post:29, topic:22464ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:19, topic:22464ā€]Seriously- we are missing a PG that is a threat with the ball and a 3 that is a threat with the ball. Put Ian on the floor and you have the world guarding 2 players in the half court set.

Defense sucked last nightā€¦23 assits and 50% shooting is inexcusable! soft soft soft and why do we continue to double down on big men that have no post moves and no outside shot? ??? ? Left Clark and Duty with WIDE open 3ā€™s all night long. I donā€™t understand that at all!!!

Ian sucks! Nice kid but no defense or physical presence at all. And when he failed to box out Duty on that FT right before half I lost it!![/quote]

Our problems are not with Harris (u will all see that next year when you are wishing he was here). Green needs to relax and stop trying to be a shooter, which he is not. He is a scorer and needs to take what he is given (ie. more of an oportunitist)[/quote]

Itā€™s not a knock on Dijuan, but I call BS. Briscoe will be running the point, and no team can lay off. They are going to have to guard Briscoe agressively, or he will make teams pay.

Iā€™m not so confident yet in Briscoe, since Iā€™ve never seen him play. But if you think heā€™ll be that dynamicā€¦Iā€™m stoked.

I have no doubts that Briscoe will have more of a scorerā€™s mentatility and ability to do so. So yes, when he has the ball, teams will not be able to pack it in as often. However, we will have no one that I believe will be able to handle the press and the ball on a consistant basis. It is not often that we have someone we can count on to bring the ball up and nullify presses (last night was obviously the exception of the season). It is just funny how anyone can feel that harris is the reason the team is struggling when he has won more games than he has hurt. His strengths far exceed his limitations and I think this will be evident next year, we will see

I feel bad for Brisco already. We have 2-3 posters on here who have seen him hanging around the gym that think he is Chris Paul. And I hope he is.

All I see is 79 asst/124 TO his first yr @ NCCU. Scares me at the point (granted he probably had nobody to pass to). One game he had 9 TO and 0 asst.

http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/north-carolina-charlotte/jamar-briscoe/game_stats?season=2008-2009&stat_type=1&game_type=1&chart1=minutes&chart2=points&chart3=assists&chart4=rebounds_total&chart5=

Flip flop that number and I get excited.

Harris is at 113/59 currently which is solid.

the highlight reel is fun to watch I admit. He loves the FT pull up jumper.
Jamar ā€œDueceā€ Briscoe Highlights

[quote=ā€œNinerLove, post:33, topic:22464ā€][quote=ā€œEJNiner, post:29, topic:22464ā€][quote=ā€œhootie, post:19, topic:22464ā€]Seriously- we are missing a PG that is a threat with the ball and a 3 that is a threat with the ball. Put Ian on the floor and you have the world guarding 2 players in the half court set.

Listen, yes Harris had 8 TOā€™s but to say that we played well when Derrio was ā€œrunning the pointā€ is a bit misleading. Harris played 38 minutesā€¦and I assure you when he was in, he was not at shooting guard or center

Our problems are not with Harris (u will all see that next year when you are wishing he was here). Green needs to relax and stop trying to be a shooter, which he is not. He is a scorer and needs to take what he is given (ie. more of an oportunitist)

Agree Dew and Wilderness have to provide more. Dewā€™s rebounding and effort is getting him minutes but we need points consistently from this position.

and if Spears learns to occasionally pass when doubled (or quadroupled as he was last night) then it will make teams hesitate fore colapsing

These are things that can and should be addressed by coach staff. Weā€™ll see in a few days[/quote]

Seriously!-----I recall Spears and Braswell both passing a lot better on/from the interior early in the season, is my memory fading or what? It seems theyā€™ve now forgotten how to. I wonder if they were passing out earlier more since we ā€œseemedā€ to have more shooters then (Bowden, Green, Coleman, Andersen) as opposed to nowā€”they may be thinking that we HAVE to do it all inside?