What Happened to E-Vic & Thorne?

E-Vic is supposed to be the “gem” in our recruiting class. Why is he not driving into the lane with authority. He still looks scared like he got lost and found himself in a college game by mistake.

Thorne straight up does not play. I have no idea why. ETSU could not even match up to Braz, and Thorne is even bigger than he is. All I hear is excuses…“the team was too fast” or “the team had too much experience at the C position.” Well alright then Goldie Locks…WHAT IS THE RIGHT TEAM TO PLAY HIM AGAINST? Do they have to be slow and inexperienced to get him in there?

They are freshmen that have played only a couple of college games. Give them some time.

Exactly… and I’m talking minutes on the floor, especially for Thorne

Our fans don’t usually start complaining about the freshmen until at least halfway through their first college season. If you wait until then, you’ll have the chance to proclaim them a waste of a scholarship that will probably never contribute to the team, but it’s a few weeks early for that.

Despite his initial struggles, Nickerson is still the most intriguing prospect to me. Thorne needs time to develop, but he’s got good size for the center position. I’m really glad they both have the chance to develop for four years. Hope the coaching staff can guide their development well.

Sometimes I hate our fanbase.
Evic was a little clueless on offense, but he did throw thebest pass of the night (in the lane to Williams).
He also hustled, got a few nice boards and was a presence.
Henry might prove to be a better player, but Evic is going to be a great college player.

We’ve playing 4 freshmen. There will be bumpy roads.

[quote=“Tintin, post:5, topic:25929”]Sometimes I hate our fanbase.
Evic was a little clueless on offense, but he did throw thebest pass of the night (in the lane to Williams).
He also hustled, got a few nice boards and was a presence.
Henry might prove to be a better player, but Evic is going to be a great college player.

We’ve playing 4 freshmen. There will be bumpy roads.[/quote]

It’s the natural reaction to the natural reaction to losing.

Evic has lots of potential just needs to add some strength and become a little more mature.

Haven’t seen enough of Thorne to think much of anything yet, but even highly rated big men out of high school usually need a year or two of seasoning to be big contributors.

6’10 big men that make immediate impacts as Freshman do not go to Charlotte.

2k, apparently you have forgotten about Martin Iti.

:o yes, why would anyone worth a damn go to Charlotte? :-[ …wow

919r, it’s the truth. 99% of the time big men that are capable of making immedate impact go to top 30-35 programs. The truth hurts sometimes.

:o yes, why would anyone worth a damn go to Charlotte? :-[ …wow[/quote]

I don’t think that was 2k’s point.

6’10 big men that are ready to make an impact as Freshmen are coveted by bigger schools in better conferences with a lot more TV time than what we bring to the table. And typically they are most likely one and done if they’re really good.

It wasn’t a knock on us in as much as it was a statement of the reality of college ball today.

Mk nailed it.

They both averaged 11 points a game as seniors in high school. You shouldn’t be shocked they are struggling as freshman at this level.

PRC looks to be setting the world on fire!!!

Paul is an all-CUSA 1st team caliber player as a newcomer and FTR I never claimed PRC was going to save the program this year, in fact he’s playing more than I even predicted him to. You guys however were saying Thorne and Nickerson would be impact players from day one. Common sense would tell most people they were going to struggle. You made basically the same point above.

Although most frown upon JUCOs, I don’t think a top JUCO big guy is bad thing. They have more experienced and better developed physically. JUCOs get too bad a wrap imo. They fill a need. We shouldn’t have several but when a young team is learning, why not bring in more experience to contribute now? Seems like that would of been a good idea this year.

I agree, and that’s not a slam on Charlotte. Impact freshman like H Barnes, K Irving, etc go to the Chapel Hills and Dukes of the world. If Honest is expecting our freshmen to play like those guys right off the bat, or ever, then, well, let’s just say that isn’t going to happen. Maybe one day we’ll get those type of impact freshmen, but as of now, we don’t so we have to let our freshmen mature, get some minutes, and then we’ll see what they can do.

[quote=“2k, post:11, topic:25929”]919r, it’s the truth. 99% of the time big men that are capable of making immedate impact go to top 30-35 programs. The truth hurts sometimes.[/quote]and that 1% grew up in Gastonia, but went to Marshall :’(

These guys are players that will have to be developed. The fact that we aren’t going the JUCO route (which is what everyone wanted) means we are gonna have to give Major the opportunity to develop 2 and 3 star players. That takes some time. If they aren’t doing anything as juniors then we should worry. Right now, you have got to expect them to struggle.