What Happened to E-Vic & Thorne?

This time of year will make ya dumb… I was putting lights on the bushes in front of my house at midnight last night.

So why was this thread created? Anyone that read this board preseason would have got the same impression as much as you guys talked up this class. In fact I read just this week that P. Henry was a future NBA player for example. As far as Nickerson I was also told I was delusional if I wouldn’t want him over any of our newcomers. I’m sorry but future all conf players don’t average 11ppg, 7rpg, 2apg in High School and that’s what you guys were hyping him as and still are despite his struggles.

I’m not downing Nickerson, he might be an solid A10 starter in a couple years but you guys had far out expectations and hyped him as a top 100 player out of high school. Elite talents don’t come off the bench for struggling teams. He can probably still play at this level eventually, I think bigger concern for you guys is that Major’s big men recruits can’t get off the bench at all for a team with little size. That’s not a good sign at all I think you’d admit, and Thorne’s the only 6-7+ guy Major has signed for the future.

Anybody can start a thread. That doesn’t mean it represents a majority of the board. I also believe he asked why isn’t Thorne getting more minutes? Not, why isn’t he saving the program.

By the way, Creighton put up 60 on Campbell in the first half and eventually won by 23.

Make that…posting 8 times to try to get us to believe Campbell is a good loss is not going to change anybody’s opinion.

The bigger concern isn’t about Major’s recruitment of big men. It is your infatuation with the Charlotte basketball program.

clt says that attitude is rubbish.[/quote]

Well said clt…if our AD has this attitude (like so many of our fans) we are destined for mediocrity.

Can Lebo not find anyone on the ECU board to discuss B-Ball with? Do they only care about F-Ball, that he has to troll other boards? And does it take away time from his coaching?

Because it’s tough when your own fellow fans think you are crazy. How can you discuss the glory of Lebo while hanging out with a bunch of athiests? It just doesn’t work, they don’t believe. At least here he can justify our arguments because we are the other team, but then when he talks to his ECU brethren he gets responses such as:

Why is this nonsense going on?...I have no idea. Both Campbell and Iowa suck ass in college basketball....To think otherwise is nonsense. My ECU brethren are simply getting a case of temporary insanity. ECU is improving...but...this is not a reason to get overly giddy.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=534555&page=4

The best thing about freshmen is that they become sophomores. A wise coach once said that. For comparison, check out Ohio State’s two McD AA freshman through 5 games - yawn. This will take time. Improvement is going to be much more important than results this season, and much of that might happen in practice.

Some of you are talking about freshmen not making an impact. Chad Kinch has probably made a bigger first year impact than anyone.

Well said clt…if our AD has this attitude (like so many of our fans) we are destined for mediocrity.[/quote]

no offense dude, but at this point mediocrity would be a welcome friggin’ change

Let’s hope Major keeps recruiting kids that we have no chance in hell in landing, just like Lutz. That worked out pretty damn well for everyone.

I know, right?

It’s a pretty simple equation. A school that has the lack of success we’ve experienced over the past several years ESPECIALLY is going to lose bigtime recruits to big-name programs with successful histories. Period. It’s a no-brainer. A recruit with a high talent level and a legitimate chance at going to play for a successful program is rarely going to decide instead to go play for a program who hasn’t seen the NCAA tournament since 2005. Why would he?

The only sure-fire way to stop that from happening? Be realistic in your recruiting. Sure, go for the big ones, but don’t put all your proverbial eggs in one basket and then be up the creek when you don’t land that pipe-dream recruit. Land the best kids you can realistically get your hands on. Get the most out of them. Turn that into improvement as a program and translate it into wins.

The saying “Winning cures all ills” is one of undeniable truth. You wanna start landing top-notch recruits and getting top-notch respect? Then make the most of your abilities and start making your program look like it’s worth playing for.

Well said clt…if our AD has this attitude (like so many of our fans) we are destined for mediocrity.[/quote]

no offense dude, but at this point mediocrity would be a welcome friggin’ change[/quote]

No, mediocre is exactly where we sit right now.

I know, right?

It’s a pretty simple equation. A school that has the lack of success we’ve experienced over the past several years ESPECIALLY is going to lose bigtime recruits to big-name programs with successful histories. Period. It’s a no-brainer. A recruit with a high talent level and a legitimate chance at going to play for a successful program is rarely going to decide instead to go play for a program who hasn’t seen the NCAA tournament since 2005. Why would he?

The only sure-fire way to stop that from happening? Be realistic in your recruiting. Sure, go for the big ones, but don’t put all your proverbial eggs in one basket and then be up the creek when you don’t land that pipe-dream recruit. Land the best kids you can realistically get your hands on. Get the most out of them. Turn that into improvement as a program and translate it into wins.

The saying “Winning cures all ills” is one of undeniable truth. You wanna start landing top-notch recruits and getting top-notch respect? Then make the most of your abilities and start making your program look like it’s worth playing for.[/quote]

Why go for any of them if its only a “pipe dream” and we’ll never get them?

I’d say we’re a below average team.

I’m not saying it never, EVER happens. Just not usually, and certainly not with any sort of regularity.

It’s fine to go after a big fish if you think you stand any sort of legitimate chance (even if it’s slim) of actually landing him. You just can’t shift ALL of your focus there and take that gamble when you could have been picking up other good quality guys along the way.

We ve got 5-6 new guys getting major minutes. We are four games in. There will be growing pains. Even the good Charlotte teams in the past lost to really crappy teams early.

Just noticed that the 2007 and 2008 Avatar of the Year winner is currently being slack.

Just noticed that the 2007 and 2008 Avatar of the Year winner is currently being slack.[/quote]

A unc/acc co-sponsored act of terrorism and a Mac upgrade destroyed the greatest aviator this board has ever seen.
How can I rebuild?

Just noticed that the 2007 and 2008 Avatar of the Year winner is currently being slack.[/quote]

A unc/acc co-sponsored act of terrorism and a Mac upgrade destroyed the greatest aviator this board has ever seen.
How can I rebuild?[/quote]

clt is the greatest aviator this board has seen.