What if Beilein goes to State then WVU goes after Huggins

There is much discussion over on the WVU board as well as the KSU board…

http://mb19.scout.com/fwestvirginia18066frm18.showMessage?topicID=6065.topic

I would love to see the reactions of the KSU fans if he leaves.

discussed a few days ago, rumors say it could happen

According to the KSU board I was reading, Huggins hasn’t signed. Articles have said he has signed, but there is a sizeable group of KSU posters who are saying he is still operating under a verbal agreement.

[QUOTE=NinerLoudNProud;170595]According to the KSU board I was reading, Huggins hasn’t signed. Articles have said he has signed, but there is a sizeable group of KSU posters who are saying he is still operating under a verbal agreement.[/QUOTE]

“Verbal agreement”? Now, wouldn’t that be some kind of coincidence.

:smile:

Funniest post from the KSU board:

i don't think he'd want to destroy his rep like that (huggins)

I was told things were worked out with Lavin but now I’m hearing Beilein is in Raleigh today. Wouldn’t that be something if Huggy took off to WVU.

Lavin will stay in broadcasting; turns down NC State

HEY STATE. TV ANALYSTS ARE TURNING YOU DOWN!!! I HEARD STU SCOTT IS INTERESTED! HAHAHAHAHAHAH

ksu would get what they deserved if that happened, i told them it would come back around. Huggs is a thugg.

part of it has happened.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]Some of the posters on their board are talking about the fact that Barnes still hasn’t signed his contract at Texas. As if he’s going to change his mind and come to State.[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

The problem with State fans is that they believe they are entitled to having a great coach. Mainly because they are in the ACC and they have won two titles. Honestly i don’t think they deserve crap because all they do is treat their coaches like crap in ALL sports. Not just basketball. Amato gets treated worse than any other coach, that is when they were looking for a football coach they were looking for a really thick skinned guy. I mean who else do you look under, Bobby Bowden of course.

[B]Lavin will stay in broadcasting; turns down NC State[/B]

Steve Lavin has decided not to coach at North Carolina State and will remain an analyst with ESPN and ABC Sports.
Lavin talked extensively with Wolfpack athletic director Lee Fowler for more than a week. He also discussed his broadcasting future with executives at ESPN and ultimately decided to stay with TV.
Lavin formerly coached at UCLA from 1996-2003. He has spent the last three seasons in broacasting at ESPN and ABC Sports.

Interesting quote from mombeasy over on the KSU board…

mombeasy
Recruit
Re: Thoughts from someone most of you strongly dislike
Posted: 4/26/06 1:29:47 pm

some recruits would prefer the east coast.

http://mb21.scout.com/fkansasstatefrm4.showMessage?topicID=6629.topic

[QUOTE=Jason4Life32;170615][B]Lavin will stay in broadcasting; turns down NC State[/B]

Steve Lavin has decided not to coach at North Carolina State and will remain an analyst with ESPN and ABC Sports.
Lavin talked extensively with Wolfpack athletic director Lee Fowler for more than a week. He also discussed his broadcasting future with executives at ESPN and ultimately decided to stay with TV.
Lavin formerly coached at UCLA from 1996-2003. He has spent the last three seasons in broacasting at ESPN and ABC Sports.[/QUOTE]

BRAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

This State thing is funny as hell…I would love to see it play out as Beilein to state and huggy to WVU…that would be beautiful!!!

Beilein to NCSU per Morgantown radio stations.

Lavin was never officially offered the job. I don’t know how it is possible to turn down a job you weren’t offered. The article is to save face. Lutz could say he turned down the job if he wanted to. That doesn’t mean he was offered the job. Lavin was in discussions but they never offered him a chance to be the next coach.

You do not open negotiations with someone for more than a week if you are not prepared to make them an offer. Had NC State heard what they wanted from Lavin, they would have then made the formal offer.

You don’t offer him the job officially so that he can turn it down, you do it this way so you can save face when he turns you down … That’s generally the way it’s done. You won’t find many places who say ‘yes we offered, and he turned us down.’

Lavin withdrew his name from coaching consideration at NC State because they weren’t offering enough money.

“According to ESPN.com, Steve Lavin is no longer in the mix for the NC State head coaching position, withdrawing his name from consideration today. Did Lavin “spurn” the Wolfpack? From what we have heard he did not. He desperately wanted to return to coaching through NC State but NC State didn’t offer up the type of guaranteed money that Lavin wanted and therefore a contractual offer wasn’t made.”

“Steve Lavin, considered the other finalist in the search, withdrew his name earlier today. His sticking point was confirmed to have been the $200,000 base salary. Lavin, guaranteed $600,000 from ESPN, wanted State to up its guarantee. The University could not because of state law. He will remain with ESPN as an analyst.”

NC State didn’t offer him the type of money he wanted. That’s why he withdrew his name. It wasn’t that they asked him to be the new head coach and he said no. It states that he wanted to be the coach, but they obviously didn’t want him as bad.

Sorry guys, Huggy won’t be going to WVU,

[QUOTE]
Per Belien’s Mouth:

It has never been my philosophy to comment on job openings at other schools, but the speculation today about me accepting another head coaching job is erroneous.

I am flattered by the interest and recognition that the basketball program has received. West Virginia University and the people of West Virginia have been great to me and my family. I will be the basketball coach at West Virginia next season and I look forward to continued success."
[/QUOTE]