What the Hell???

they can beg to differ all day, but the university of north carolina is technically the entire university system encompasing all 16 campuses and that is what dubois was refering to.
technically schmechnically. perception is reality. Most of us know that UNC =! UNC-CH, but your average person doesn't have a clue and thus, in the minds of many, we either don't exist or are a satellite campus.

If that cock-sucker thinks a degree from UNC-CH is so much more valuable than ours, then transfer a55hole!
Donā€™t let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

If that cock-sucker thinks a degree from UNC-CH is so much more valuable than ours, then transfer a55hole! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

If you got that out of the article, you must not have read itā€¦

If that cock-sucker thinks a degree from UNC-CH is so much more valuable than ours, then transfer a55hole! Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out!

The great SCK has spoken! All bow to the benevolent wisdom of SCK!

Hail a55hole!

[QUOTE=ninermac;214011]If you got that out of the article, you must not have read itā€¦[/QUOTE]
Stonecoldken can read?

I gotta admitā€¦I tend to agree with stonecold so often that sometimes itā€™s scary. Plus I love his attitude.

Stone Cold Ken is a Stone Cold Moron. Iā€™m not sure heā€™s ever read a thread through fully before posting. I dontā€™ even find him entertaining any more, sometimes I just feel sad that the admissions department let him in. I half hope that he went into their offices in the middle of the night and jammed his application into the middle of the ā€˜acceptedā€™ pile.

oops.

Stone Cold Ken is a Stone Cold Moron. I'm not sure he's ever read a thread through fully before posting. I dont' even find him entertaining any more, sometimes I just feel sad that the admissions department let him in. I half hope that he went into their offices in the middle of the night and jammed his application into the middle of the 'accepted' pile.

Why are you still talking?

[QUOTE=WBNiner;213830]
Honestly I think a large part of the problem is that people in Raleigh do not like anything that has Charlotte on it, city or school. I think NSCU and Chapel Hill fear what we could become, taking alot of state funding with us. The only way to combat that is to try and keep us down by limiting funding and exposure.
[/QUOTE]

Iā€™ve been saying this for yearsā€¦ both the part about Raleigh not liking Charlotte and also the part about unc-ch and unc-r fearing what we could become.

Think about what could happen if we do ever get the entire city behind us.

OMG what if we become the flagship school!

[QUOTE=Gill2003;214055]OMG what if we become the flagship school![/QUOTE]

Wellā€¦ thatā€™s a stretch.

Butā€¦ since you mentioned itā€¦

Many years ago (when I was in school) there was a RUMOR that we would one day become the flagship undergrad school for UNC and chapel hill would only exist for post-graduate studiesā€¦

I kid you not.

We all know how that rumor turned out.

We just need to move on it. I want to start a thread, I just need a name. How about "The Charlotte Alliance"?

That name is takenā€¦by the FC Charlotte Alliance.

This is the same writer that criticized people for trying to bring a football team to the university. He bitches just to bitch, he brags about how much more he contributes to the school than most because he writes for the school newspaper, and he tends to point his finger at people for stuff he whines about.

The tumbleweeds on Saturdays bothers him, huh? How 'bout a solution?

I retract my statement.

I was thinking of a completely different writer so there was no hypocrisy at all. A very good article by Josh Lanier. Sorry about the mix-up.