When do we finally start a real fight for the name change?

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:20, topic:23897”]I say we do it ourselves.

Stop referring to it as “UNCC” or “UNC Charlotte”.

Start saying “University of Charlotte.”

Who cares if it is ‘correct’? Create a culture around the University of Charlotte. Take it out of CHP’s hands, rather than say “hey, can we be the University of Charlotte now?”

Say, “We are the University of Charlotte.”

We got football by forcing it down his throat… and that is what we have to do here.[/quote]

That is not forcing anything down his throat. If in 2006 you had walking around everywhere saying that Charlotte was a football school nothing would have changed.

I agree - this isn’t going to get it done…

but it might help. I say we all do this. When someone asks me where I went to school - I always tell them “Charlotte”. It eliminates a lot of the confusion.

I was having the conversation with one of my military comrades today at drill about all of this. He’s an alumnus and absolutely huge Niner fan and hates that outsiders constantly refer to our school as UNC. He had no clue about NinerNation.Net, but hopefully now he’ll join. Anypoo, I had dreams that one day our student section would indeed have banners, shirts and chants to show their support of a name change during our big (if not all) home basketball games. If something could be organized for the Tennessee game to expose this concept to the general city public at Time Warner, that would be fan-tastic. In all truth, I would actually prefer “Charlotte University” instead of “UofC”, but that is irrelevant at this point. University of Charlotte has the most momentum, so that’s what we all should go for. I don’t care what the name is, as long as we just get the stupid UNC to vanish ASAP! Let’s do this $h%t!!!

I think if we could get some women to sow some sheets together, then have the logo painted on it, spread it out over multiple rows. Or have several sheets that it takes 6-8 kids to hold up with the logo on it.[/quote]

Is this before or after they make me my sandwiches in the kitchen?

University of Charlotte is widely favored. University of Pittsburgh, University of Cincinnati, University of Houston, University of Chicago, etc /discussion

[quote=“austinniner, post:22, topic:23897”]I agree - this isn’t going to get it done…

but it might help. I say we all do this. When someone asks me where I went to school - I always tell them “Charlotte”. It eliminates a lot of the confusion.[/quote]

This.

I think if we could get some women to sow some sheets together, then have the logo painted on it, spread it out over multiple rows. Or have several sheets that it takes 6-8 kids to hold up with the logo on it.[/quote]

That’s exactly what I was thinking. And it doesn’t really have to have a cute or catchy phrase to get the point across. Simply putting University of Charlotte on about 10 bed sheets sewn together will make a major statement.

I was already planning on making banners at campouts for games, I’ll definitely make sure this gets on one.

Also, a “U of C” chant doesn’t necessarily have to coincide with the banner… I think if that becomes a common chant, it would go a long way towards pushing the agenda.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:27, topic:23897”]I was already planning on making banners at campouts for games, I’ll definitely make sure this gets on one.

Also, a “U of C” chant doesn’t necessarily have to coincide with the banner… I think if that becomes a common chant, it would go a long way towards pushing the agenda.[/quote]

I am 1 million percent for the name change, but I just thought of something… you might want to do something other than " U of C" I can defently see it sounding like “U N C” if it’s not 100 percent clear and well… that doesn’t help us out at all does it…

[quote=“EE9er, post:28, topic:23897”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:27, topic:23897”]I was already planning on making banners at campouts for games, I’ll definitely make sure this gets on one.

Also, a “U of C” chant doesn’t necessarily have to coincide with the banner… I think if that becomes a common chant, it would go a long way towards pushing the agenda.[/quote]

I am 1 million percent for the name change, but I just thought of something… you might want to do something other than " U of C" I can defently see it sounding like “U N C” if it’s not 100 percent clear and well… that doesn’t help us out at all does it…[/quote]

Good point.

One a somewhat similar note, I was planning to make a very large banner reading “WE ARE CHARLOTTE’S UNIVERSITY” for the UT game at TWC Arena.

Great idea. DO IT!

Our fans have a bigger inferiority complex than any other fanbase.

[quote=“ZombieLew, post:29, topic:23897”][quote=“EE9er, post:28, topic:23897”][quote=“ZombieLew, post:27, topic:23897”]I was already planning on making banners at campouts for games, I’ll definitely make sure this gets on one.

I am 1 million percent for the name change, but I just thought of something… you might want to do something other than " U of C" I can defently see it sounding like “U N C” if it’s not 100 percent clear and well… that doesn’t help us out at all does it…[/quote]

Good point.

One a somewhat similar note, I was planning to make a very large banner reading “WE ARE CHARLOTTE’S UNIVERSITY” for the UT game at TWC Arena.[/quote]

Drop the “WE ARE” and just go with “CHARLOTTE’S UNIVERSITY”. I get visions of Statmats and Toys R Us when I see “we are”.

No, Wake fans have us beat by miles there. They are the short shafts of the ACC.

Seriously, how does wanting to create our own separate identity equate to having an inferiority complex?

Because we want our own identity?

Yes, that makes sense.

See, this is part of the problem we face.

With football, about 85% of the Niner community has always thought football was a good idea, but with caveats about finances. They were already predisposed to favoring football with the right conditions or administrative support.

With the name change we can’t even be sure what percentage we are dealing with. We need to take the temperature of the Niner community before we can know how to implement an attack plan.

I thought you were never posting here again.

[quote=“49RFootballNow, post:9, topic:23897”]We may need to aim for the Va Tech method. Official name remains UNC Charlotte but we change signs, letterhead, website, ect to U of C. Then, once we ARE U of C we can go to step two of changing the official name or even better, we won’t have to.[/quote]I have said this all along. It’s not a name change that will win over Dr. Phil. It’s a branding change. The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. Just like VT and GT. It is a lot easier to change and most likely doesn’t require approval from those who reside upon the mighty hill.

Is there anything we can do or say that isn’t an inferiority complex? I’ve heard this phrase way too many times on this board and to be honest all I see is people having an inferiority complex over others having inferiority complexes. For the love of god can we give that a rest?

Is there anything we can do or say that isn’t an inferiority complex? I’ve heard this phrase way too many times on this board and to be honest all I see is people having an inferiority complex over others having inferiority complexes. For the love of god can we give that a rest?[/quote]

Stop having such an inferiority complex.

Funny thing is we’ve already been told by the Chapel Hill crowd that they could care less about it. Bowles gave Dubois a blank check saying that he would support the move if the University went with it. This is all on Dubois and the BoT.

Two years ago the students at Fayetteville State had a vote and rejected UNC Fayetteville. The Chapel Hill folks didn’t bust in and say they had to be UNCF.

Our target is Dubois and the BoT. If we can win the BoT over then Dubois will have no leg to stand on.