When do we finally start a real fight for the name change?

You mean… like this one? 8)
http://www.universityofcharlotte.net

Gah it needs to be redone and updated so bad.

[quote=“ChevEE, post:56, topic:23897”]While it’s not impossible, I don’t agree with Bust about the impact of rebranding. Not if we treat it like a name change. You don’t rebrand anything and simply send out a letter announcing it. You put it in freaking lights and let it be known.[/quote]With our school’s track record for branding, how do you think we would do it (as far as letting it be known)?

I think you underestimate the importance of people who still call us “UNCC” being wrong.

If we change our name, how are Alums going to post on Facebook about “my Heels” this & “my Heels” that? :))

No, if you unite the people and have a strong enough voice and make it heard (like the largest student vote in NC history), they won’t just sit by and kill it.

I looked up a few replacement diploma prices to get an idea of the cost (couldn’t find it for our school). Including shipping, the prices I have seen have been between $50-75. I do think we will have to replace diplomas to sell the name change. A large # of people who were on the fence or on the ‘No’ side brought up diplomas.[/quote]Why? People who got diplomas before we were UNC Charlotte didn’t get name changes on diplomas. Owner of my company was one of the first 18 graduates of our 4 year schools.

yep…and on the back it says “WE’RE NOT UNC!” I’d buy two.

[quote=“austinniner, post:22, topic:23897”]I agree - this isn’t going to get it done…

but it might help. I say we all do this. When someone asks me where I went to school - I always tell them “Charlotte”. It eliminates a lot of the confusion.[/quote]

And they then ask: “Queens University of Charlotte”? ::slight_smile: ??? :’( :))

…because we’ve been “carefully taught” that we’re inferior by the U-know-whos: the UNC system and the UNC alum infested news/sports media.

…because we’ve been “carefully taught” that we’re inferior by the U-know-whos: the UNC system and the UNC alum infested news/sports media.[/quote]Perfect.

…because we’ve been “carefully taught” that we’re inferior by the U-know-whos: the UNC system and the UNC alum infested news/sports media.[/quote]Perfect.[/quote]
Redskins suck

No, if you unite the people and have a strong enough voice and make it heard (like the largest student vote in NC history), they won’t just sit by and kill it.

I looked up a few replacement diploma prices to get an idea of the cost (couldn’t find it for our school). Including shipping, the prices I have seen have been between $50-75. I do think we will have to replace diplomas to sell the name change. A large # of people who were on the fence or on the ‘No’ side brought up diplomas.[/quote]Why? People who got diplomas before we were UNC Charlotte didn’t get name changes on diplomas. Owner of my company was one of the first 18 graduates of our 4 year schools.[/quote]
I fully support the name change, but don’t feel a need for a new diploma (free or purchased). I graduated from UNC Charlotte, tell people I graduated from “Charlotte,” but as far as my diploma…I couldn’t care less.

…because we’ve been “carefully taught” that we’re inferior by the U-know-whos: the UNC system and the UNC alum infested news/sports media.[/quote]Perfect.[/quote]
Redskins suck[/quote]

Ha ha, this is WIN. Its just off topic enough to be funny, but not to far as to be annoying.

Redskins suck[/quote]

Ha ha, this is WIN. Its just off topic enough to be funny, but not to far as to be annoying.[/quote]

Yea made me laugh too.

Don’t care about getting a new diploma - fine with the one I have. I also think that this is the perfect time to strike for a name change with all the Chapel Hill dirt coming out now. It’s time to GET THE SHAME OUT OF OUR NAME!

PS - the Cowgirls suck more.

I looked up a few replacement diploma prices to get an idea of the cost (couldn’t find it for our school). Including shipping, the prices I have seen have been between $50-75. I do think we will have to replace diplomas to sell the name change. A large # of people who were on the fence or on the ‘No’ side brought up diplomas.[/quote]Why? People who got diplomas before we were UNC Charlotte didn’t get name changes on diplomas. Owner of my company was one of the first 18 graduates of our 4 year schools.[/quote]

Look, I couldn’t care less about diplomas either. I’m with you guys on that matter. What I’m telling you is what my impression was from the people on the fence. They made diplomas seem like it mattered and there were a lot of them who felt like that. You gotta remember that you guys all really want this and are troopers, but a lot of the people we need to get on our side aren’t like that.

Perhaps since not everyone wants a new diploma, we pitch the idea of anyone who wants one being able to get it.

Here’s another idea. I made the attached wallpaper for my computer a while back. Don’t vandalize the main entrance sign, but get a big banner to cover it up that reads “University of Charlotte” for one (or a few) of the home basketball games. A ton of people will see it, both game attendees and passers-by. If it looks good enough, it might not even be removed. ;D

It would be great if you guys could put that banner up there and somehow manage to get attacked violently by campus Gestapo for doing so peacefully. That would go a long way toward getting the general public on the Name Change side! Take cameras and videotape it!!!

lol nice, that is an AWESOME idea

lol nice, that is an AWESOME idea[/quote]

Bust and I were thinking about doing that to our old entrance, but then they took it away. Could be opportunity to make it up!

Is there anything we can do or say that isn’t an inferiority complex? I’ve heard this phrase way too many times on this board and to be honest all I see is people having an inferiority complex over others having inferiority complexes. For the love of god can we give that a rest?[/quote]

this. thank you. i think others also mentioned that phrase was given to us by those opposed to us obtaining our goals because they had no other legitimate argument. an example has always been “the niners want to beat fill-in-name-here in basketball because they have an inferiority complex”.

Redskins suck[/quote]Man that really hurts coming from an Oakland fan.

Hooty we need to get behind this name change thing. Let’s paint Charlotte on our bodies, go to campus and run naked around the quad.