Which "new" player are you most excited to see this season?

I realize Bowden and Spears aren’t technically new to the program, but they haven’t played for us yet, hence the quotes.

Anyways, for me it’s Spears. It’s been a few years since we have had a true low post scorer, and I can’t wait to see what he does to opposing pf’s. Bowden was a very close second, since I love the three ball, and by all accounts he can the shoot lights out. And before we get ten posts in a row asking why Briscoe isn’t on the lest, he won’t be eligible to play til the 2010/11 season.

i’m really excited to see all our new players, but for me its braswell. i have really high hopes for him. between he and spears, our rebounding woes should be far less this year.

Braswell and Spears are close, but Braswell is a 4 year player so I’m more excited to see him play.

I’m actually gonna throw Sherrill some love. He is athletically and physically ready for college, had a coach in high school that stressed fundamentals, and has an inside-out game (which Lutz loves). He may not be the impact player that Spears and Braswell are likely to be, but I’m not sure why most people are writing him off and thinking he will redshirt. He’s our only other true PF behind Spears. Braswell may see some time at PF, but most of his minutes will probably be at center. I think he’ll have a solid rookie season.

People were very excited when we signed him, then the excitement died off and he was largely forgotten. I guess he was just overshadowed after Braswell signed and since he was the first to sign on for the 2009 class.

I voted Braswell simply because I’ve never seen him play. But I expect more from Spears. I’m almost counting Spears as a given but Braswell still as unproven, hoping he can live up to expectations.

KJ, because he comes from my high school, WEST ROWAN REPRESENT.

I’ll be the first to go a different route… Shamarr Bowden! Hopefully he’s continued improving since leading a nasty campaign against Canadia last year. I’m hoping that Bowden brings that electrifying, game changing energy next year by knocking down the big shots.

For me it’s Spears, but also Jones. Granted he isn’t new per say, but I am expecting vast improvements.

I want to say Bowden considering we’re basically placing our faith on him considering he we rely on 3s way too much, but I really want to see Spears. Mainly because he’s already proven he’s a goodplayer and I just want to see some solid steady skill on our court.

I am excited about Sirin - while I have expectations of the rest, with Sirin I am not really sure what we are getting so I am interested to see what kind of player he is and can become. I do like that he is playing vs. men with the Trkey team this summer.

I am excited to see Braswell and Spears and Sherrill, but I am most excited to see Sirin. I know Spears and Braswell should do well and from what I hear Sherill is a stud so I know what to kind of expect. With Sirin I have no clue.

I am excited about Sirin - while I have expectations of the rest, with Sirin I am not really sure what we are getting so I am interested to see what kind of player he is and can become. I do like that he is playing vs. men with the Trkey team this summer.
Does he get a lot of playing time next year? It sounded like a number of people were talking red-shirt to strengthen. My impression is that he'd fill a similar role to Barnett right now. Any reason to expect he'd get playing time over an upperclassman?

I voted Bowden, because we know we’ll be relying heavily on him, but I was tempted to vote Green or Parks, whoever will be the primary backup pg.

I had to give Trevin Parks some love. I think he is another Dijuan in the making. He has some serious crossover moves in that youtube vid.

I’m gonna say Spears. I expect him to be the enforcer of the A-10. He should be the take no crap from anyone type of enforcer in the paint.

I need some help here. Returning we have:

[B]Ian
Dijuan
Coleman
Wilderness
Phil
Dew
Barnett[/B]
Church
Pride

New guys:
[B]Spears
Bowden
Braswell
Sherrill
Green
Sirin[/B]
Parks
Brisco (sits out this yr)

thats 17 players. Did Pride or Church bow out?

we are still chasing Noel Johnson who could make it 18…:huh:

4 walk ons now??

Noel Johnson :biggrin:

Revised the list. Non-Bold means walk-on.

Returning:[B]
Harris
Andersen
Coleman
Wilderness
Jones
Dewhurst
Barnett[/B]
Church
Pride

New Players:
[B]Spears
Bowden
Braswell
Sherrill
Green
Sirin[/B]
Parks
Carter (supposedly, sits out this yr)

Thats [B]18[/B] players.

If we land Noel, that’d be 19 players, and I guess we’d count Harris as a walk on in that case. I don’t think Church will bow out, and Pride should be allowed to stay on the team IMO. He did come in to help out in desperate times whether or not he saw much playing time. That help?

Carter is not coming

[QUOTE=metro;413643]Carter is not coming[/QUOTE]

Source?

I need some help here. Returning we have:

Ian
Dijuan
Coleman
Wilderness
Phil
Dew
Barnett

Church
Pride

New guys:
Spears
Bowden
Braswell
Sherrill
Green
Sirin

Parks

thats 17 players. Did Pride or Church bow out?

we are still chasing Noel Johnson who could make it 18…:huh:

4 walk ons now??

16 with a guy sitting out, not counting towards the scholarship count. My understanding was that Pride tried out to be a walk-on since there was a shortage of players, so he might not be returning. That’s total speculation on my part. If that’s the case you are at 15 with one sitting on his own dime for next year.