Which "new" player are you most excited to see this season?

Source?

I’ll take Lefty’s word. He likes to stay on top of the recruiting trail rumors.

16 with a guy sitting out, not counting towards the scholarship count. My understanding was that Pride tried out to be a walk-on since there was a shortage of players, so he might not be returning. That's total speculation on my part. If that's the case you are at 15 with one sitting on his own dime for next year.

you are on the roster when you redshirt/transfer so I would not call it 16

look at last year’s official roster, it has Spears, Bowden, etc

There are really reasons to be excited about every necommer…

Spears - First true low post scorer since Withers, has crafty moves like Demarco.
Bowden - We rely heavily on the 3ball, and he can shoot the lights out.
Braswell - Top75 recruit, a monster rebounder.
Sherrill - Super athletic and intense, Coleyesque.
Green - Solid scorer and probably the #1 Dijuan backup.
Sirin - Same as with Bowden, supposedly a deadly shooter, and we need that.
Parks - Has some sick moves, check out his youtube clips.

I cant wait to see these guys in action! :49ers:

[QUOTE=metro;413643]Carter is not coming[/QUOTE]

what is your source? according to jeff goodman and the people at charleston southern he is. i think someone on the board even emailed him and he confirmed it.

what is your source? according to jeff goodman and the people at charleston southern he is. i think someone on the board even emailed him and he confirmed it.

Jim just confirmed it in the shoutbox… as story is coming shortly.

I voted Braswell but I’m honestly thinking Sherrill right now. Either way, they are both 4 year players that are bringing in a lot of talent to the team.

Carter is not coming

Oh but he is. :49ers:

Oh but he is. :49ers:
nm
nm

conflicting stories now… the kid apparently was more sure of it then the coaching staff.

[QUOTE=CharSFNiners;413660]Jim just confirmed it in the shoutbox… as story is coming shortly.[/QUOTE]

confirmed that he is or isnt coming.

confirmed that he is or isnt coming.

he confirmed he was then came back and said there were conflicting stories and for the moment is not.

Why couldn’t there be an option for all? I really don’t want to see a specific player (even though I think being able to final see Bowden’s potential would be nice) but the players as a team. That is really important to me at this moment.

nm

[QUOTE=Chisox17;413591]I realize Bowden and Spears aren’t technically new to the program, but they haven’t played for us yet, hence the quotes.

Anyways, for me it’s Spears. It’s been a few years since we have had a true low post scorer, and I can’t wait to see what he does to opposing pf’s. Bowden was a very close second, since I love the three ball, and by all accounts he can the shoot lights out. And before we get ten posts in a row asking why Briscoe isn’t on the lest, he won’t be eligible to play til the 2010/11 season.[/QUOTE]

I’m looking forward to seeing Spears too. The question is will he play from the post or shoot 3s?

Seriously, we have needed a post player in what seems like forever. I want to see him post up and score from down low. We need that soooo bad. It would open up everything.

Hopefully we will be much improved…at least I don’t think we can go down any farther, I hope.

I cant wait for Shamarr, because he has the potential to be what we need for a Lutz team to work, a deadly shooting guard. If he can shoot 35% from behind the arc his first year, and keeps getting better, this team will have no ceiling.

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;413854]Why couldn’t there be an option for all? [/QUOTE]agree. i’m looking forward to all of them. especially spears and braswell.

Could this be the team that owns SLU?? Oh please let it be true.

[QUOTE=itsbraille49;413880]I cant wait for Shamarr, because he has the potential to be what we need for a Lutz team to work, a deadly shooting guard. If he can shoot 35% from behind the arc his first year, and keeps getting better, this team will have no ceiling.[/QUOTE]

What is there beyond a National Championship?

Every team has a ceiling, my friend.

[QUOTE=thelew1014;413915]What is there beyond a National Championship?

Every team has a ceiling, my friend.[/QUOTE]

Double Secret National Championship…

What is there beyond a National Championship?

Every team has a ceiling, my friend.

We could win like Space Jam or something.