WHITE OUT FOR XAVIER

Okay i have been discussing this with A LOT of people lately… seems like the best opportunity to show unity for our school by ACTUALLY having a proper white out vs Xavier during family weekend…

My main concern is actual promotion for this… and it must start now… that is if any of you say this is a good idea…

IMO this school should be posting flyers all over campus and emailing those with tickets reminding them of the white out… rather than just posting something on fb and only handing out 1000 free tee shirts for a 9,105 seat stadium…that shits weak… we need to represent… anyone IN?

Im in i started the white out 2 years ago for xavier i got some ppl in the marketing dept ill speak to tomorrow but as students we need to print flyers put them in the dorms everywhere and lets do this…Anyone see dayton do a whiite out first half the red out 2nd half pretty sick…

Let me know what the plan is and I will help out.

Can anyone get a hold of NNG and have them help promote this as well?.. This needs to be a true honest effort… this is HUGE game for our team for many reasons.

• a10 Standings
  • recruitment
  • selection committee (esp after xaviers big win this evening)
  • alumni
  • PRIDE

judging by our home record it is clear that halton when rowdy is an extremely difficult place to play… lets be that 6th man people!

Hell yea I’m in…

[quote=“jsqu03, post:4, topic:22401”]Can anyone get a hold of NNG and have them help promote this as well?.. This needs to be a true honest effort… this is HUGE game for our team for many reasons.

• a10 Standings
  • recruitment
  • selection committee (esp after xaviers big win this evening)
  • alumni
  • PRIDE

judging by our home record it is clear that halton when rowdy is an extremely difficult place to play… lets be that 6th man people![/quote]

Niner Nation Gold can get the AD to print flyers, we did it for Temple, but it was just me and zerogenetics showed up to pass them out, we only had 2 days then. If we can get people to commit to passing them out I’ll shoot marketing an e-mail, but I don’t a stack left over because only 2 people were passing them out.

I probably can help pass them out, me and a friend of mine. On monday or wednesday.

In fact I know I can and so can my friend, just let me know when and where

Yeah I can assist too… just let us know where to pick up the flyers and i will spam the shit out of this campus…

anyway we can get the radio shows to push the white out for us?

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Should be exceptionally easy to get the students behind this effort.

However, the school has yet to prove they are capable of getting the rest of the Arena to even understand the concept of whiteout. Actual participation of non-students is even harder. Short of getting 9105 white t-shirts to give to people as they enter, it won’t happen unfortunately.

Radio to help publicize this?

You really think radio would care?

I have a better chance of replacing Barack Obama as President.

I have no classes on Monday and Wednesdays if you need help

Anyone know where the general public can get a white Charlotte shirt? I need one for me, my wife, and my 4 year old. Everything I have is gray or green. I have searched the internet and most of what I find either says UNC Charlotte or is about $30 (too much).

Will the bookstore have anything at Halton before the game?

LOL at people coming out of the woodwork with the “I started the whiteout” claims.

I started the whiteout.

You also started Canada.

So your success rate is 50%.

offers high five that J_Felt leaves hanging

You also started Canada.

So your success rate is 50%.

offers high five that J_Felt leaves hanging[/quote]

Burn

[quote=“49er96, post:13, topic:22401”]Anyone know where the general public can get a white Charlotte shirt? I need one for me, my wife, and my 4 year old. Everything I have is gray or green. I have searched the internet and most of what I find either says UNC Charlotte or is about $30 (too much).

Will the bookstore have anything at Halton before the game?[/quote]
I could be mistaken, but I think I saw a rack of whiteout-specific shirts at the bookstore the other day. No idea on prices. They were up front by the register.

MAJOR NOTE: Marketing made sure that they talked to the homecoming committee to confirm homecoming tshirt this year is white as well. As most of you know (and may actually do) a TON of students/alumni/visitors buy homecoming tshirts as is. I think we actually sold out of most of them last year - I know I couldnt get one. Props to them on that one.

This should help.

Things will be publicized - but with something like a whiteout (which every student should own at least ONE white shirt, not to mention the free shirt earlier this year was white) its my opinion that it is best to blitz the campus day before/a couple of days before the event so students have it fresh in their mind. Packing the student section shouldn’t be a problem - it rarely is on homecoming - focus should be on making sure they know its a whiteout, and unless they forgot how to read they should know that as well. Its pretty obvious to me when I see any publicizing for this game that it is a white out. Bookstore already has the 2010 whiteout tshirts.

Oh, and I give the guys in the full body suits an excuse to not have to wear white. those things are too cool.

Yea the bookstore has white out tshirts for 9.95…to the guy that said he didnt want to pay 30 bucks a shirt.