Who do you want for the Panthers new QB?

Who should be the Panthers next QB?

Went with Moore. Feeley’s been in the league for a while now and isn’t a starter, so it’s obvious he’d be a stop gap for us. Give it to Moore and see if he can handle it.

Would love to see us utilize the wildcat more.

AJ I don’t think has any upside. Moore I think has some and it is time to find out if he is worth a roster spot or not. Run him at the QB and use the Wildcat frequently.

Jeff Garcia :weep:

Bradford?

Definitely Matt Moore. He is a young guy who has been in the system for a while now, and the panthers need to see if he really can be the QB of the future. If he sucks, then they will know they have to bring in a new guy in 2010… if he turns out to be any good then they are set for awhile bc I think he is only like 25. There is almost NO CHANCE of them making the playoffs this season, so they have to plan for the future. Will be interesting to see if Foxy can part with Delhomme as his QB.

Feely was a waste of a pickup IMO.

Bring back Weinke!

Moore is the only option. You have 10 games to see if he is a 2010 option. Jake and AJ are not on the roster in 2010, there is only 1 choice

anyone know what QB’s will/could be free agents at the end of the season?

[QUOTE=moss2k;438736]anyone know what QB’s will/could be free agents at the end of the season?[/QUOTE]
[URL=http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html]
http://www.footballsfuture.com/freeagents.html[/URL]

Moore for the rest of the season. He was supposed to be our undrafted qb turned qb of the future so this is his chance at it. If he fails this season, let him go. Feeley is likely better now, but doesn’t have potential enough to be our starter for a few years. Feeley or McCown need to be cut, whichever one isn’t should be 3rd next year. If we can get rid of Delhomme even at some loss, we should. If not, he needs to be a backup next year and nothing more.

I have no idea who we can get for next year. There are guys out there with potential that are currently backups, but I don’t know if there are any decent ones we could get.

This season is out the window - try anyone but Jake in the QB spot (Moore, Feeley, “wildcat”) for the rest of this year. Hell, maybe use all options in the game against the Patriots. Just keep randomly mixing it up each possession.

After this season is over and a new Head Coach is running the show, ask me again and I will state a long term opinion for a Panthers QB.

ETA: Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins (33)

[QUOTE]… He’s never had a rocket arm, but is very intelligent, completes a high percentage, and rarely turns the ball over[/QUOTE]

gee, I almost forgot QBs are capable of this.

edit: this is not an endorsement of Pennington. It just caught my attention when I read the highlighted comment.

Carr and Tavaris jackson are the only ones worth a shot next year at FA on that last… and we know what Carolina thinks of Carr.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;438763]This season is out the window - try anyone but Jake in the QB spot (Moore, Feeley, “wildcat”) for the rest of this year. Hell, maybe use all options in the game against the Patriots. Just keep randomly mixing it up each possession.

After this season is over and a new Head Coach is running the show, ask me again and I will state a long term opinion for a Panthers QB.

ETA: Chad Pennington, Miami Dolphins (33)

gee, I almost forgot QBs are capable of this.[/QUOTE]

Pennington’s playoff game and opening game this year were almost as bad as Delhomme.

[QUOTE=contemptor;438765]Carr and Tavaris jackson are the only ones worth a shot next year at FA on that last… and we know what Carolina thinks of Carr.[/QUOTE]

Jason Campbell?!

[QUOTE=Powerbait;438767]Pennington’s playoff game and opening game this year were almost as bad as Delhomme.[/QUOTE]

True - bottom line I got out of that FA list is there is a lot of crap QBs on the Free Agent market.

Maybe what the Panthers should do is

1. Wait for Favre’s annual retirement press conference
  2. Fire Fox
  3. Hire the current Vikings Off Coordinator as Head Coach. IIRC, he was Brett’s position coach in GB.
  4. Lure Brett back out of retirement for his old friend and new Panthers Head Coach.

If they can get Campbell at a reasonable price I would like to see them at least go after him. He has shown that he can move the ball at times and I think an inept coaching staff has a lot to do with his lack of progression.

With some of the moves the Panthers have made over the last few years how safe do you guys think Hurney’s job is at season’s end?

I think there is a decent chance the the Panthers will be starting from scratch at gm and coach and until the direction of the team is set from the top down I think it’s hard to say what qb’s the Panthers will be looking at.

I agree with most on letting Moore play out the rest of the season and if he shows he can play he would be the only qb on the current roster I would bring back assuming they can move Delhomme.

I say the third string qb spot next year should be reserved for the earliest draft pick we have left.

[QUOTE=cdsniner;438776]assuming they can move Delhomme.[/QUOTE]

HAHAHAHAH!!! Who would take him?? I wouldn’t give you a rotting deer carcass and a bucket of farts for Delhomme.

There’s enough talent that Moore can either show his worth or tell you he has no chance. I say go with him and if he doesn’t work, start over next year with a young guy and a vet to give him some time to develop.

[QUOTE=shagg49er;438791]I wouldn’t give you a rotting deer carcass and a bucket of farts for Delhomme.[/QUOTE]

WHOOOOA WHOA WHOA…

You can put farts in a bucket?

Pictures or I call shenanigans.

[QUOTE=cdsniner;438776]With some of the moves the Panthers have made over the last few years how safe do you guys think Hurney’s job is at season’s end?

I think there is a decent chance the the Panthers will be starting from scratch at gm and coach and until the direction of the team is set from the top down I think it’s hard to say what qb’s the Panthers will be looking at.[/QUOTE]

Hurney needs to go. He mortgaged the team’s future (draft picks, we kept Peppers.) We have no decent picks next year and the one commodity we had to get them, Peppers, is an unrestricted free agent at the end of this year so we get nothing for him.

My feeling is let Moore go the rest of the year and see what he can do. Then look for a gem in next year’s draft, which I will be difficult because I don’t think we have a 1st or second round pick next year.

This team is a disaster.