who should i start?

[QUOTE=hootie;439298]New questions: Should I stick with the Ravens D vrs Denver or do something nuts like get the Lions D b/c they play St Louis?[/QUOTE]

I would not pick up the Lions or the Rams. I grabbed the Chargers last week to start in place of the Ravens D on their bye week, and am starting them again this week against the Raiders. Check and see if they are available.

[QUOTE=hootie;439298]Also need two- Jacobs, Sproles, Ricky. I’m definately going with Ricky until he bites me, but I’m torn b/t Jaocbs and Sproles. Sproles is always good for 12-15 with touches, but that is what concerns me. I had him 2 weeks ago and he got bageled and I lost by 4 pts. Jacobs is against the Eagles.[/QUOTE]

Tough call there. Ricky proved me wrong last week. I go with him and Sproles simply because the Giants are playing the Eagles. Jacobs scored last week finally, but only had 13 rushing attempts. That number will go up this week, but the Eagles run defense is better than the Jets and much better than the Raiders.

[QUOTE=hootie;439298]
New questions: Should I stick with the Ravens D vrs Denver or do something nuts like get the Lions D b/c they play St Louis?[/QUOTE]

There are about 20 defenses I’d start before the Lions. Are the Cardinals available? Colts? Etc?

[QUOTE]Also need two- Jacobs, Sproles, Ricky. I’m definately going with Ricky until he bites me, but I’m torn b/t Jaocbs and Sproles.
[/QUOTE]

Same advice as last week - Jacobs and Ricky, and again it’s not close.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;439294]I’ve got Maurice Jones Drew starting against the Titans…who else should I start…Chris Johnson against MJD and the Jags, or Ronnie Brown against the Jets? Brown ran wild on the Jets in Miami but for some reason I don’t see that happening again…but they will try. I figure both MJD and Johnson will get a lot of carries as both those teams will try to run each other to death.[/QUOTE]

This one is real tough. I’d lean towards Brown but Johnson could have a huge day.

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;439485]There are about 20 defenses I’d start before the Lions. Are the Cardinals available? Colts? Etc?

Yeah, Lions suck but they get some sacks and ST Lou sucks on O. I have the Pats as my #1 D but they’re off this week. I probably stick with the Ravens.

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;439485]

Same advice as last week - Jacobs and Ricky, and again it’s not close.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear you, but Sproles has a tremendous upside with touches. Just don’t see Jacobs much more than 12-14 pts at the most. But, Norv Turner is a fool and he may not play Sproles at all on offense and stick over-the-hill, oft-injured LT for some reason.

[QUOTE=hootie;439712]Yeah, I hear you, but Sproles has a tremendous upside with touches. Just don’t see Jacobs much more than 12-14 pts at the most. But, Norv Turner is a fool and he may not play Sproles at all on offense and stick over-the-hill, oft-injured LT for some reason.[/QUOTE]

Jacobs getting you 10-14 points is a lock. Sproles could break one off, but his touches are very limited. I always go with the sure thing unless I think I’m a big dog in my matchup.

[QUOTE=hootie;439495]
Yeah, Lions suck but they get some sacks and ST Lou sucks on O. I have the Pats as my #1 D but they’re off this week. I probably stick with the Ravens.[/QUOTE]

I just don’t trust bad defenses even when they are going up against bad offenses. Detroit is the 4th worst defense in the league.

How about the Texans D? Cowboys? Bears? I can keep going and I’m leaving out the obvious names.

QB: Philip Rivers vs. Oakland or David Garrard @ Tennessee?

I’m thinking Garrard.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;439861]QB: Philip Rivers vs. Oakland or David Garrard @ Tennessee?

I’m thinking Garrard.[/QUOTE]

either or. Rivers will definitely put up good numbers against Oakland…Tenn’s defense has also been absolutely terrible this year. Oakland is supposed to have decent pass defense but teams have just been loading it up on them this year, pass and run, cause their offense can’t stay on the field for more than 3 plays. I’d go with Rivers.

[QUOTE=Hooner49;439861]QB: Philip Rivers vs. Oakland or David Garrard @ Tennessee?

I’m thinking Garrard.[/QUOTE]

Both could have good games but I’d stick with Rivers especially given the matchup.

[QUOTE=NovaNiner;440068]Both could have good games but I’d stick with Rivers especially given the matchup.[/QUOTE]

This.

Always take the sure thing. Rivers will get points, that’s the reason you drafted him so high, don’t over think it and try to play an average QB in a potentially good matchup, go with the proven thing.

[QUOTE=CMack124;440105]This.

Always take the sure thing. Rivers will get points, that’s the reason you drafted him so high, don’t over think it and try to play an average QB in a potentially good matchup, go with the proven thing.[/QUOTE]

Going for matchups is definitely overrated in Fantasy Football. Play your studs, period. At least if it backfires, you’ll know you played the guy that gave you the best opportunity to win.

Rivers should have a huge game. I’m definitely starting Vincent Jackson this weekend.

[QUOTE=jcl49er;440117]Going for matchups is definitely overrated in Fantasy Football. Play your studs, period. At least if it backfires, you’ll know you played the guy that gave you the best opportunity to win.

Rivers should have a huge game. I’m definitely starting Vincent Jackson this weekend.[/QUOTE]
I agree, use the matchups to help make your 3rd WR or flex decisions, but don’t sit studs.

Colts D or Cardinals D?

Cards D

Pick 1:
BB vs. Denver
Schaub vs. Indy

Pick 1:
Steve Smith (NYG) vs. SD
Mendenhall vs. Denver
Bradshaw vs. SD

[quote=“NovaNiner, post:76, topic:21899”]Pick 1:
BB vs. Denver
Schaub vs. Indy

Pick 1:
Steve Smith (NYG) vs. SD
Mendenhall vs. Denver
Bradshaw vs. SD[/quote]

Bump…PPR league.

Ahmad Bradshaw (vs. Car) or CJ Spiller (vs. Mia) or Jerome Harrison (vs. TB)? Which one to go along with Arian Foster.

Edited: Forgot to add I have Jonathan Stewart too.

IMO Harrison

Harrison