who should i start?

harrison

Chris Johnson…but since you don’t have him Harrison

Harrison, Mangini has already said that with Montario Hardesty going down for the year, Harrison will have an ample opportunity to prove himself, and build off the strong last 3 games he had last year where he carried the ball 30+ times for those 3 straight games (not having 30+ carries before that in game throughout his entire career).

Of course, Jake Delhomme tanked a great rushing attack last year with the INTs.

[quote=“Ninerballin, post:83, topic:21899”]Harrison, Mangini has already said that with Montario Hardesty going down for the year, Harrison will have an ample opportunity to prove himself, and build off the strong last 3 games he had last year where he carried the ball 30+ times for those 3 straight games (not having 30+ carries before that in game throughout his entire career).

Of course, Jake Delhomme tanked a great rushing attack last year with the INTs.[/quote]

As a Harrison owner, I definitely don’t want him getting 30+ carries a game. He won’t make it through week 8. A nice 17-20 with a few catches per game would be nice.

Who should I start…

Joe Flacco vs. Jets

or

Derek Anderson vs. Rams

I am leaning towards Anderson. Thoughts?

I’d go with Anderson.

Anderson

Anderson. I’m not sure why so many sites still have him listed so low.

B/C he was dumped for Jake Delhomme. Arizona should be a good fit for him though if Fitzgerald and Breaston can stay healthy.

Good point. But he’s upgraded at every position in Arizona, including Hightower out of the backfield. Cleveland had zero weapons.

Who should I start? ??? My current starters have a (*). Any thoughts?

Can Start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 Flex

* Current Starter

RB
*Frank Gore
*Jamaal Charles
* (Flex) Knowshon Moreno

WR
*Marques Colston
*Michael Crabtree

Bench
Pierre Garcon
Steve Breaston
Jabar Gaffney

TE

*Kellen Winslow (just because espn projecting more points, otherwise I’d more likely start Miller)
Zach Miller

QB

*Jay Cutler
Carson Palmer

I’d play Garcon for Crabtree until he can prove something

I’d consider Palmer too, depending on match ups.

Garcon only amounted 140 yards more than Crabtree did in a pass happy offense and in 3 more games. Let’s not forget that Crabtree didn’t attend camp or play in the preseason last year either.

Crabtree’s the better option, especially this week, since Garcon missed practice Monday and has been dealing with an injury during the preseason.

FFToolbox has Garcon ranked at #50 for week 1 and Crabtree ranked at #14, against a not so great Seattle Pass Defense who ranked 30th last year in pass defense rankings.

Garcon only amounted 140 yards more than Crabtree did in a pass happy offense and in 3 more games. Let’s not forget that Crabtree didn’t attend camp or play in the preseason last year either.

Crabtree’s the better option, especially this week, since Garcon missed practice Monday and has been dealing with an injury during the preseason.

FFToolbox has Garcon ranked at #50 for week 1 and Crabtree ranked at #14, against a not so great Seattle Pass Defense who ranked 30th last year in pass defense rankings.[/quote]

I think Crabtree has the better upside, but sometimes with WRs it’s more about who’s throwing to you… that’s coming from a 49er (San Francisco)fan.

FFToolbox has Garcon ranked at #50 for week 1 and Crabtree ranked at #14, against a not so great Seattle Pass Defense who ranked 30th last year in pass defense rankings.[/quote]

I think Crabtree has the better upside, but sometimes with WRs it’s more about who’s throwing to you… that’s coming from a 49er (San Francisco)fan.[/quote]

Alex Smith had 310 yds, 2TDs and 0 INTs @ Seattle last year. Crabtree had 60 of those yards, and option #1, Vernon Davis had over 100. Smith also threw almost all the passes to Crabtree last year. You have to consider, Garcon is also option #3 behind Wayne and Clark.

BTW, I’m sure you watched most the Niners game last year, so you probably have a better perspective, and it’s somewhat of a tossup with middle-of-the-road wideouts, but I think Crabtree’s going to have a breakout year this year, it’s all a guess game right now with guys who’ve only really played 1 year. Houston’s defense is hammered with injuries right now (especially in the secondary), and Garcon is a big play guy, so who knows, he could put up 200 yds or be held under 30.

I think Garcon is a better deep threat then Crabtree and with Manning that’s a nice option.

Crabtree also has participated minimally all camp and in previous workouts this year. He also has some issue with his neck, and that could effect his production, especially at the beginning of the season. I obviously would love for him to explode the way Davis did last year, but I think Smith’s lack of arm strength will limit his big play ability, and his lack of participation will stunt him initially. Even in my initial post I said I’d take Garcon for now until Crabtree proves he isn’t the diva he appears to be. Long term, Crabtree should murder everything that is Garcon.

[quote=“cibik02, post:91, topic:21899”]Who should I start? ??? My current starters have a (*). Any thoughts?

Can Start 2 RB, 2 WR, and 1 Flex

* Current Starter

RB
*Frank Gore
*Jamaal Charles
* (Flex) Knowshon Moreno

WR
*Marques Colston
*Michael Crabtree

Bench
Pierre Garcon
Steve Breaston
Jabar Gaffney

TE

*Kellen Winslow (just because espn projecting more points, otherwise I’d more likely start Miller)
Zach Miller

QB

*Jay Cutler
Carson Palmer[/quote]

Start Cutler if you get points for interceptions.

this is a PPR league: Forsett or Maclin?

forsett