Who starts on the 31st?

i could be wrong, but unless there is an injury or something, harris will not start a game this year...

Care to wager a friendly bet?? :shades:

The coaches really want Harris to start as soon as possible. Apparently Harris + Lee is looking like a much better backcourt than Lee + Ianā€¦

Iā€™m still not good at positions, but I think my starting 5 would be:

Lee
Harris
Goonj
Andersen
Wilderness

I think Goonj is better than Phil and can do a better job of commanding the paint. I might actually start Phil tho because he needs more practice IMO, and with the myriad of weapons we have this year, I think we will be ok against HP.

[QUOTE=49or bust;263266]Iā€™m still not good at positions, but I think my starting 5 would be:

Lee
Harris
Goonj
Andersen
Wilderness

I think Goonj is better than Phil and can do a better job of commanding the paint. I might actually start Phil tho because he needs more practice IMO, and with the myriad of weapons we have this year, I think we will be ok against HP.[/QUOTE]
so youā€™d start 3 guards a small foward and a small center?:huh:

the average height of that team is like 6ā€™2"

I'm still not good at positions, but I think my starting 5 would be:

Lee
Harris
Goonj
Andersen
Wilderness

I think Goonj is better than Phil and can do a better job of commanding the paint. I might actually start Phil tho because he needs more practice IMO, and with the myriad of weapons we have this year, I think we will be ok against HP.

Phil is a much more refined player than Gaby. Maybe you think otherwise because of his ā€˜mehā€™ performance at MM? There is absolutely no chance Phil doesnā€™t start.

You think weā€™re going to run a 3 guard team? (arguably 4 considering Wilderness has the ability to play the 2, theoretically.) We have way too much talent at forward for that, I believe.

Mack said on NinerReport he believes the starting team will be: Lee, Ian, Anjuan, himself, and Jones. I think heā€™s right, except that Coley will start over him. (He said Coley would be his 6th man.) Itā€™s funny, though, because he mentioned Jerrell Lewis was a solid point, and made no mention of Harris in the interview.

Edit: Out of boredom, I averaged that teamā€™s height, and it would indeed be 6ā€™2.1". Good guess.

so you'd start 3 guards a small foward and a small center?:huh:

the average height of that team is like 6ā€™2"

Did you read the first line of my post, or are you pulling a ā€œmetro.ā€

Phil is a much more refined player than Gaby. Maybe you think otherwise because of his 'meh' performance at MM? There is absolutely no chance Phil doesn't start.

You think weā€™re going to run a 3 guard team? (arguably 4 considering Wilderness has the ability to play the 2, theoretically.) We have way too much talent at forward for that, I believe.

Mack said on NinerReport he believes the starting team will be: Lee, Ian, Anjuan, himself, and Jones. I think heā€™s right, except that Coley will start over him. (He said Coley would be his 6th man.) Itā€™s funny, though, because he mentioned Jerrell Lewis was a solid point, and made no mention of Harris in the interview.

Edit: Out of boredom, I averaged that teamā€™s height, and it would indeed be 6ā€™2.1". Good guess.

Iā€™m just going off of what I saw at practice. Goonj looked like a better player than Phil. Phil looked lathargic. But I only saw one practice so Goonj could have been having a good day and Phil a bad but who knows.

[QUOTE=49or bust;263271]Did you read the first line of my post, or are you pulling a ā€œmetro.ā€[/QUOTE]

i read it. and i made that comment. no harm no foul just donā€™t know how you could start a team that small.

i read it. and i made that comment. no harm no foul just don't know how you could start a team that small.
It's going to be small either way. Harris will be our pg, we have no one else. Lee is a no-brainer. Both smaller players. I just picked Goonj over Phil.
It's going to be small either way. Harris will be our pg, we have no one else. Lee is a no-brainer. Both smaller players. I just picked Goonj over Phil.
We simply won't play 3 guards when we have some of the best forwards in the conference. I think the only people confident Harris will start is Chisox.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI
Jones > Gaby.

I think the only people confident Harris will start is Chisox.[URL=http://.].[/URL]

And the coaches.

The ā€œHarris will never startā€ crowd makes me chuckle.

:rolleyes:

And the coaches.

The ā€œHarris will never startā€ crowd makes me chuckle.

:rolleyes:

Some may say thisā€¦ I say I donā€™t expect him to be at the beginning of the season. Itā€™s just tough to do, but if he ends up being the best option or earning it, hell all the power to him. I just want a PG that doesnā€™t make decisions that make me want to hang myself from the rafters of halton by halftime.

Care to wager a friendly bet?? :shades:

The coaches really want Harris to start as soon as possible. Apparently Harris + Lee is looking like a much better backcourt than Lee + Ianā€¦

I wonā€™t bet b/c I imagine with 3 games in 3 days the rotation will change in the islands.

if it is the best situation later on, i am all for it. However, like I keep saying, to start off with such a young, non-geled team, you want experience on the floor to get you through the first official timeout. Now maybe that is only the first 4 min, and then harris comes in or something. Harris+Lee could be better, it helps you run your offense, but Lee+Ian isnā€™t going to potentially screw you (inexperience factor) especially in the first few games, and it puts 2 guys on the court that you know can score. Harris coming off the bench would be nice for the change of pace.

A lot of parents want their kids out of the house as soon as possible, they donā€™t pack their bags for college at 12 though.

[QUOTE=49or bust;263266]Iā€™m still not good at positions, but I think my starting 5 would be:

Lee
Harris
Goonj
Andersen
Wilderness

I think Goonj is better than Phil and can do a better job of commanding the paint. I might actually start Phil tho because he needs more practice IMO, and with the myriad of weapons we have this year, I think we will be ok against HP.[/QUOTE]

Big Phil will start because his offensive game is superior to Goonjoā€™s. Plus Big Phil is 3 inches taller and eats up more space in the paint. Iā€™m still expecting a Coley, Big Phil combo that will be used quite a bit because Coley will get his hand on quite a few shots.

[QUOTE=eason49;263235]Wilderness is probably the best player on the team.[/QUOTE]

I will give that honor to Lee until someone takes it from him. I do think that Gerrity is the most valuable player on this team (and probably will prove to be the best in time.)

I really dont think Harris will start for the first few games. However, once he has a chance to get comfortable with the system, he will take over at the point so that Lee can slide back to the two.

The only two players who are absolute 100% beyond a shadow of a doubt locks to start are Leemire and Phil. No one is starting over them, you can bet the house on that. Anjuan is getting close to locking up a starting spot, but Dewhurst may get the nod because he has been here for a year.

How awesome is this that we have so many different possible starting lineups? I love it. I canā€™t remember us ever being this deep.:49ers:

We need points in transition. You canā€™t bring in 9 new guys and expect them to execute all night long. This is why Harris is so important.

That being said, I think weā€™ll see Lee-Ian starting for at least 5 games. Then we could see Harris-Lee and then Gerrity-Lee. From the beginning, I can see Harris being one of the first off the bench, Lee moving over to the 2 and Ian exiting. If Harris makes the offense go, heā€™ll get a lot of minutes even if heā€™s not starting.

Lee/Harris (Gerrity)
Ian/Lee
Wilderness/Dewhurst
Mack/Coley
Jones/Ngoundjo

Offense will be a problem with this group, like last year, not sure how everyone thinks their is a lot of offense on this team. The front line may seem better than last year, but, can they really create to get their own shot off or can they get post position and score with their back to the basket ??? Probably not yet. Last year same problem, ok at rebounding but no consistent scoring.

So if you are the coach of this team, you are trying to figure out where you are going to get 40 minutes worth of offense, without 5 mins drought. So, who can score over 8 pts a game at this stage ? Lee, Ian, gerrity maybe one of the big guys ??, not sure. Phaler maybe if he plays 25 mins.

Big Phil will start because his offensive game is superior to Goonjo's.
I disagree. Again, I am basing this off of one practice, but from what I saw Goonj had a superior offensive game, and what he lacked in size he made up for in hustle... and he has long freakin arms haha.
I'm still not good at positions, but I think my starting 5 would be:

Lee
Harris
Goonj
Andersen
Wilderness

I would love to see this lineup used from time to time to ā€œout-quickā€ an opponent. Sometimes you just need to go small and quick, and this lineup would be nasty in such a situation. I would just replace Andersen with Dewhurst, and you have possibly the quickest lineup we can come up with. Coley could also be put in at the 5, as he is about 6ā€™8.

On the flip side, if we want to do the opposite and use size to our advantage, we could always go with Lee, Anjuan, Coley, Mack, and Phil. That would be a scary lineup. The opponent would never get a rebound!

I would love to see this lineup used from time to time to "out-quick" an opponent. Sometimes you just need to go small and quick, and this lineup would be nasty in such a situation. I would just replace Andersen with Dewhurst, and you have possibly the quickest lineup we can come up with. Coley could also be put in at the 5, as he is about 6'8.

On the flip side, if we want to do the opposite and use size to our advantage, we could always go with Lee, Anjuan, Coley, Mack, and Phil. That would be a scary lineup. The opponent would never get a rebound!

What a fun team! There are just so many weapons! I was thinking about this earlier myself. We can go super big or super fast if we want and even then we have several options on who to go super big and super fast with.:biggrin:

I would replace Mack with Goonj in that last lineup you mentioned. That boy alone will keep people from rebounding.