Who starts on the 31st?

[QUOTE=eason49;263276]We simply wonā€™t play 3 guards when we have some of the best forwards in the conference. I think the only people confident Harris will start is Chisox.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGDBR2L5kzI[/media]
Jones > Gaby.[/QUOTE]

could somebody tell me what iverson was talking about?

could somebody tell me what iverson was talking about?
WE TALKIN' BOUT PRACTICE!? :lol:

[QUOTE=amnesiac;263288]not sure how everyone thinks there is a lot of offense on this team.[/QUOTE]

Maybe Iā€™m just different, but Iā€™d prefer more defense.

We gave up too many career nights and Player of the Week awards. Thatā€™s why I kind of liked the idea of having Dewhurst start until I learned that Wilderness keeps close tabs on his man, too. Iā€™m gettinā€™ pretty sick of the bulls**t all the time w/defense.

There probably is less offense this year. Offense will probably be more deliberate w/offensive rebounding a point of emphasis. No more quick 20% FG shooting by Carlos & Co.

sigh, I guess Iā€™ll have to live with that. :smile:

Everybody on this years roster is unproven except Goldwire.Only time will show who deserves to start.With that said I would go with, Goldwire,Dewhurst, Coley,Mack & Jones.Ian & Ajuan first off the bench.Not a good scoring line up hopefully very good on defense

[QUOTE=survivor45;263340]Maybe Iā€™m just different, but Iā€™d prefer more defense.

We gave up too many career nights and Player of the Week awards. Thatā€™s why I kind of liked the idea of having Dewhurst start until I learned that Wilderness keeps close tabs on his man, too. Iā€™m gettinā€™ pretty sick of the bulls**t all the time w/defense.

There probably is less offense this year. Offense will probably be more deliberate w/offensive rebounding a point of emphasis. No more quick 20% FG shooting by Carlos & Co.

sigh, I guess Iā€™ll have to live with that. :smile:[/QUOTE]

well, guess weā€™ll just have to snug it up til we can recruit another long-ranger!

[QUOTE=49or bust;263290]I disagree. Again, I am basing this off of one practice, but from what I saw Goonj had a superior offensive game, and what he lacked in size he made up for in hustleā€¦ and he has long freakin arms haha.[/QUOTE]

Just wait till game time, Big Phil will show his post game.

Just wait till game time, Big Phil will show his post game.
I hope so. I hope the kid is great. Not just because I want my team to do well, but center is my favorite position so I'd love to see him dominate.

[QUOTE=49or bust;263351]I hope so. I hope the kid is great. Not just because I want my team to do well, but center is my favorite position so Iā€™d love to see him dominate.[/QUOTE]

i think heā€™ll break the record of number of shattered back board in a career. just because heā€™s going to slam it so hard once that every back board that sees him in the future is going to be so afraid that it will shatter just when he looks at them.

Bizzump for the game tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how our predictions play out.

Im still sticking with

Lee
Ian
Anjuan
Mack
Phil

Lee
Ian
Anjuan
Coley
Phil

There is no way Harris takes the starting job from Churchā€¦

:biggrin: j/k

Being two deep usually means your starters arenā€™t very good.

Being two deep usually means your starters aren't very good.
Maybe so, if all of our players weren't new. When you have players deep coming in, it simply says that you've done a good job recruiting multiple, capable players.
Being two deep usually means your starters aren't very good.
Maybe so, if all of our players weren't new. When you have players deep coming in, it simply says that you've done a good job recruiting multiple, capable players.

I am going to agree with both of you.

Bbball, I would much rather have 8 guys that were the core group of players, than 10-11. Its a 40 minute game, its not good to get it complicated. I mean we donā€™t have time for 15 potential lineups, may 6 or 7.

Eason, we did do a very good job of reloading. We have to stop recruiting jucos though. We cannot take a juco next year, weā€™ll have like 6 juniors again in 2 years if we do so. We need to get to the point (albeit lutzā€™ 10th? year) where we have a core of 6 guys, and 2-3 fresh/sophs that can play and contribute.

[URL]http://gmine.blogspot.com/[/URL]

dewhurst maybe starting at the 2ā€¦maybe harris at pointā€¦hmm

[QUOTE=ninerball49;264898][URL]http://gmine.blogspot.com/[/URL]

dewhurst maybe starting at the 2ā€¦maybe harris at pointā€¦hmm[/QUOTE]

Should I go back and quote myself? If I remember correctly in the other thread about starting lineups, I put Dewhurst at the 2 and people were making guarantees that he wouldnā€™t start there.

[QUOTE=Chisox17;264797]Bizzump for the game tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how our predictions play out.

Im still sticking with

Lee
Ian
Anjuan
Mack
Phil[/QUOTE]

Thatā€™s likely the lineup tomorrow night.

I am going to agree with both of you.

Bbball, I would much rather have 8 guys that were the core group of players, than 10-11. Its a 40 minute game, its not good to get it complicated. I mean we donā€™t have time for 15 potential lineups, may 6 or 7.

Eason, we did do a very good job of reloading. We have to stop recruiting jucos though. We cannot take a juco next year, weā€™ll have like 6 juniors again in 2 years if we do so. We need to get to the point (albeit lutzā€™ 10th? year) where we have a core of 6 guys, and 2-3 fresh/sophs that can play and contribute.

I donā€™t care if two of the players or all of the players are new. Any team that is two deep means your best players arenā€™t that good. To think that we have - especially at this point and time of the program - ten quality A-10 players is a joke. You can put a $2000 dress on Rosie but she is still fat and ugly.

That's likely the lineup tomorrow night.

If theProvider agrees with me, I must be on the money. Im pretty confident that my five will be the starting fiveā€¦ anyone want to bet a 6 pack on it? :tongue::biggrin:

[QUOTE=bball49er;264914]I donā€™t care if two of the players or all of the players are new. Any team that is two deep means your best players arenā€™t that good. To think that we have - especially at this point and time of the program - ten quality A-10 players is a joke. You can put a $2000 dress on Rosie but she is still fat and ugly.[/QUOTE]

Best players? The only player we know will bring it is Lee and possibly Ian. No one knows what anyone is going to do until they get out on the floor. Basically itā€™s kind of stupid to say ā€œYour starters arenā€™t that goodā€ when almost the whole team hasnā€™t even played a full season for the Niners yet.

BTW do I have to mention the fact that you said Gerrity was run out of Pepperdine, so the negative attitude keeps continuing. Just because the team has depth, doesnā€™t mean the starters arenā€™t good. If we are going to run the up-tempo type of game Lutz keeps talking about, that depth certainly wonā€™t hurt at all.