Why do Charlotte fans hate ECU?

See what I mean!? You guys just exude class! Very impressive!

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 04:03 PM [b] See what I mean!? You guys just exude class! Very impressive! [/b]
I hate having class, it takes time away from drinking.

If you hate us so much, why are you still here annoying the hell out of everyone? If you need to lurk on a message board to feed your ego, you are more pathetic than I thought.

Have fun in Greenville for the rest of the year, and try not to contract VD - unless you already have.

Guys, you see, people like Hummer need to lurk on our board. They haven’t ever beaten anybody of the quality of our team. But knowing that Greenville is such a great college town…one can’t help but wonder why these couple of EZU losers aren’t enjoying what their town has to offer…like going down to the corner store to have a bottle of pop :rolleyes:

you just show the stupidity of your fan base hummell, you said ecu has a brighter future
in basketball than charlotte. But we can’t forget your just bloody pirates arrr, so why don’t you follow your own advice and “keep to the code” arr the code

ecu benefits from being out in the middle of nowhere. you cannot get there from here. we still should have one by at least 10.

[b]you just show the stupidity of your fan base hummell, you said ecu has a brighter future in basketball than charlotte.[/b]

Where did I say this? I think you’re full of it brother.

[b] They haven't ever beaten anybody of the quality of our team[/b]

:lmao:

you guys are good and all, and it was a huge win for us, but …

:lmao:

[i]Originally posted by william146[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 01:31 PM [b] ......... i've always liked charlotte (although some of your "fans" on here are being a little Wolfpecker-ish).......it kinda sucks that you don't get more pub in your own city

[/b]

Ok, this post got my attention for 2 reasons. The pub thing is obvious, so I’ll move on to the other one.

I’ve always considered ECU the Charlotte version of football & Charlotte the ECU version of basketball, & yes, I have been pulling for the Pirates in football for many years because of that. I remember when Moo-U-Raleigh dropped the Pirates in football because you beat them a couple of times (regardless of the reason they gave). We’ve been there too, but in basketball.

I have trouble with this. I thought the fans of the 2 schools would be a little supportive of each other. Wrong. I’ve heard more Niner bashing from Pirate fans than from tarhole fans. It’s like the Pirate fans never understood we were fighting many of the same battles.

[b]I have trouble with this. I thought the fans of the 2 schools would be a little supportive of each other. Wrong. I've heard more Niner bashing from Pirate fans than from tarhole fans. It's like the Pirate fans never understood we were fighting many of the same battles.[/b]

i wasn’t trying to put you guys down with that quote (although reading back i can see how you can take it that way) … i lived in Charlotte for 15 years and rarely heard about the 49ers … and even now, i visit family there and barely hear anything about them

i’m on Charlotte.com’s sports e-mail list, and last week i got an e-mail about the Bobcats’ loss to Chicago … a whole “sports extra” on a loss to the bulls. i haven’t seen one of those for the 49ers ever and i sincerely meant that it was BS that you guys don’t get enough pub down there - i wasn’t trying to put you down

I think things were fine and everyone understood everyone else’s position until you guys lost to ECU and started calling us names. It’s not our fault you can’t lose graciously.

Hummer, the game was yesterday. You can feel free to stop coming here.

Good luck. I’d say we’ll see you in the conference tourney but you won’t be there, so enjoy watching us.

I said ECU has more potential than Charlotte in hoops. We have a larger fanbase, better name recognition, and potential to get into a better conference. IE Big East.

I didn’t say our future was brighter, I said potential.

MK,

Don’t bet on it. That’s why this “serious” question found its way to the smack board…Guess what MK? Horemel and the meat heads will be back again tomorrow.

[i]Originally posted by oasispirate[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 08:18 PM [b] I said ECU has more potential than Charlotte in hoops. We have a larger fanbase, better name recognition, and potential to get into a better conference. IE Big East. [/b]
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :biglaugh: :lmao: :biglaugh:

What’s funny? Why don’t you go over here and ask them who they want to join their conference next year and ask them for reasons why they gave you the answer they did. Then come back and let us know what they said.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 08:47 PM [b] What's funny? Why don't you go over [url=http://www.bigeast.org/fanforums/index.asp?Team=general]here[/url] and ask them who they want to join their conference next year. [/b]
Are you serious? What's so funny?

Let’s see, your football team sucks. Your basketball team sucks. Your school is festering with STD’s. Who in their right mind would want you as part of their conference?

You are what you are hummer. And if anyone invited you to the Big East it would be by default after everyone else turned it down.

Go ask them and come back and tell us what you found out, dipshit.

[b]Let's see, your football team sucks. Your basketball team sucks. Your school is festering with STD's. Who in their right mind would want you as part of their conference?[/b]

Let’s see, you don’t have a football team and never will. Your basketball team just had a very long ride home after playing my basketball team. The girls at UNC-Commuter are ugly and your avatar is gay.

[i]Originally posted by Hummell[/i]@Jan 30 2005, 08:50 PM [b] Go ask them and come back and tell us what you found out, dipshit. [/b]
You know, I wonder what kind of desperation it takes for you to refer someone to another messageboard you post on as some kind of validation for your sorry program. Man, desperation runs deep at EZU. :lol:

EZU has nothing, I repeat NOTHING, to offer the Big East or any other conference. You’re a filler school for C-USA cause they needed 12 team for a championship football game. The Big East doesn’t need you, and would only take you for the same reasons C-USA did.