Will Healy New Coach

Iā€™ll post this here and weā€™ll see if Healy can do anything to climb out of the CUSA recruiting basement for the 2019 class (currently ranked 12th of 14 teams in CUSA). Late in the game, but there are some kids out there that are gettable.

I wasnā€™t too thrilled about the hire at first. Now after reading what some of the big time coaches have said about it, I feel much better. Lets see what he does staff wise and finishing out this recruiting class.

1 Like

With App staff up in the air as well as UNC and ECU there is an opportunity to go win some kids.

Not sure if it is a fitā€¦but Healy apparently covets athletic dual threatt QBā€™s. Satterfield recently dismissed from App a highly recruited Freshman QB (Stephon Brown) that was touted as a 6ā€™5" 220 lb future of the program type of dual threat QB.

Obviouslyā€¦grades or something worse happened to get him booted from the team and Healy & Hill may not want to go there (especially after the Kevin Olsen experiment) but sounds like a guy that Healy could absolutely build his offense around.

He could be a cancer/trouble maker we need to stay away from tooā€¦but it may be worth at least a high level inquiry.

Gold Mine Live is on YouTube every week. I stopped watching it with Lambert a long time ago.

clt says CHeat hired a retread and the ECU coach has serious credibility issues. Appy has no coach.

Letā€™s go get some student athletes!

2 Likes

1 Like

Mike Hill on ESPN 730 this morning:

http://www.espncharlotte.net/the-wake-up-call-mike-hill-12-5-2018/

4 Likes

After reading and hearing all the accolades, and listening to Willā€™s speeches and seeing his enthusiasm,
recruiting success and accomplishmentsā€¦make me ask why he wasnā€™t our first choice ?!
I love this guy and am now relieved we didnā€™t hire that JMU :eggplant:

6 Likes

Seems like Healey is in for a big upgrade from the facilities at AP

1 Like

Not where luxury seating is concerned:

1 Like

Thatā€™s something we can fix though. Winning and someone with some fire will for sure get us some more seats and boxes. Hill and Healy arenā€™t down with being average.

Iā€™m depressed Austin Peay even has it and we donā€™t.

Judy got her box, so that is all that matters.

Iā€™ve heard no oneā€™s been in it for yearsā€¦

2 Likes

Donā€™t want to derail the thread but Iā€™d love to see some temp suites like they have at golf tournaments added. Generate some revenue and interest from big spenders. Hill was willing to bring in temps seats last year, so weā€™ll see.

http://tourchampionshiphospitality.com/hospitality-venues/dining-chalet

http://tourchampionshiphospitality.com/hospitality-venues/veranda-suite

William & Mary does something like this for a few hospitality suites, etc. Itā€™s fine, but it looks a little small time (though the income is certainly nice). They do have a nice press box and some suites in the new second deck.

Thatā€™s funny right thereā€¦

:rofl:

Iā€™m guessing ours would look kinda similar after after adding a desk on the home side. Looks really nice and Iā€™m sure ours would have a little more character.

Hey, hey, hey - Zable was built in 1935 and has tons of character (probably too much). Brick arches all the way around, old cedar trees inside the stadium, etc.

Donā€™t you dis the college of knowledge, yo. :sunglasses: