Will Price's First Year Be Better than Major's Last?

Now that the coaching staff has brought in a few recruits how well do you think we will perform?

Similar, bunch of freshman, first year as a head coach, you’re going to have a decent amount of bumps in the road.

Still in desperate need of big men but I think we will be better because we will have a living breathing coach who as a player told me “knows what he’s doing, which is different.”

Maybe a 3-5 game swing maybe if both Dorn and Woods stay or don’t stay.

Pretty much what I think.

I think the team will be better for sure - not sure how that translates into wins and losses though which honestly is ok with me. I need to see solid defense, crisp execution on offense, take care of the ball, hit FTs and for the players to show some fire. We may not have to dogs to run the race though so wins and losses for me isn’t the end all be all for the upcoming season.

If Izundu decides to come here and Dorn and/or Woods sticks around, I think we’ll be better.

If all three of those guys end up somewhere else, I think we’ll be worse unless Benas is an awesome 40 minute per game center (or if we get another big that can actually contribute).

I think the team will be better for sure - not sure how that translates into wins and losses though which honestly is ok with me. I need to see solid defense, crisp execution on offense, take care of the ball, hit FTs and for the players to show some fire. We may not have to dogs to run the race though so wins and losses for me isn’t the end all be all for the upcoming season.[/quote]

Basically what I was thinking. It will not be about wins and losses to be a success. I’d just rather see a team get better as the season progresses, rather then one who steals all my hope and joy away.

[quote=“Niner National, post:6, topic:29591”]If Izundu decides to come here and Dorn and/or Woods sticks around, I think we’ll be better.

If all three of those guys end up somewhere else, I think we’ll be worse unless Benas is an awesome 40 minute per game center (or if we get another big that can actually contribute).[/quote]

if we land all three of those players, i think we will be really, really, really good. that would mean an upgraded roster and a real coach. if they do not come, i think we will still be improved simply because of coaching.

I think the team will be better for sure - not sure how that translates into wins and losses though which honestly is ok with me. I need to see solid defense, crisp execution on offense, take care of the ball, hit FTs and for the players to show some fire. We may not have to dogs to run the race though so wins and losses for me isn’t the end all be all for the upcoming season.[/quote]

Ha Joe that’s hilarious.

I’m on board with JWA, we will be young (again) but hopefully Price will have a team that plays smart. The unfortunaty thing about all this is we were hoping Majors teams would do half of what you just mentioned…

Ooo do tell.

Where’s the “Win the NCAA tournament” option?

I picked worse assuming Dorn, Woods, and Izundu are all headed elsewhere. Any of these 3 stick around, and I’d suggest equal or better. Almost any coaching would have to be better than last year, given the midseason turmoil and the poor choices made late in the season.

Given reports Dorn has been at practices and Woods has not, that probably suggests Dorn might be staying and Woods leaving. But things might change quickly for Dorn once other teams with openings start coming after him.

I think a brand new coach will often have some false starts, a mostly inexperienced team and those with experience adjusting to the new coaches and their preferences, and another severely imbalanced roster will be difficult to overcome. I’ll be happy to see some progress in the areas JWA mentioned though, but then I’m the patient type.

[quote=“9erken, post:12, topic:29591”]I picked worse assuming Dorn, Woods, and Izundu are all headed elsewhere. Any of these 3 stick around, and I’d suggest equal or better. Almost any coaching would have to be better than last year, given the midseason turmoil and the poor choices made late in the season.

Given reports Dorn has been at practices and Woods has not, that probably suggests Dorn might be staying and Woods leaving. But things might change quickly for Dorn once other teams with openings start coming after him.

I think a brand new coach will often have some false starts, a mostly inexperienced team and those with experience adjusting to the new coaches and their preferences, and another severely imbalanced roster will be difficult to overcome. I’ll be happy to see some progress in the areas JWA mentioned though, but then I’m the patient type.[/quote]Woods has been practicing with the team too. I don’t think there were ever any reports that Woods wasn’t practicing with the team anyway. Just a twitter picture from practice that Woods wasn’t in–and lots of speculation by message board posters because of that.

doesn’t take much to flush a whole covey of rumors on the nn.n SB…

[quote=“Niner National, post:13, topic:29591”][quote=“9erken, post:12, topic:29591”]I picked worse assuming Dorn, Woods, and Izundu are all headed elsewhere. Any of these 3 stick around, and I’d suggest equal or better. Almost any coaching would have to be better than last year, given the midseason turmoil and the poor choices made late in the season.

I think a brand new coach will often have some false starts, a mostly inexperienced team and those with experience adjusting to the new coaches and their preferences, and another severely imbalanced roster will be difficult to overcome. I’ll be happy to see some progress in the areas JWA mentioned though, but then I’m the patient type.[/quote]Woods has been practicing with the team too. I don’t think there were ever any reports that Woods wasn’t practicing with the team anyway. Just a twitter picture from practice that Woods wasn’t in–and lots of speculation by message board posters because of that.[/quote]I stand corrected, thanks. That’s a bit more encouraging that Woods might stay too, we’ll see what happens for both of them. If both he and Dorn stay, then I would feel a lot better about next year’s team, even with our post-depth issues. We would be putting out a starting five that is fairly talented and experienced.

[quote=“9erken, post:15, topic:29591”][quote=“Niner National, post:13, topic:29591”][quote=“9erken, post:12, topic:29591”]I picked worse assuming Dorn, Woods, and Izundu are all headed elsewhere. Any of these 3 stick around, and I’d suggest equal or better. Almost any coaching would have to be better than last year, given the midseason turmoil and the poor choices made late in the season.

Woods has not been practicing with the team.

I think a brand new coach will often have some false starts, a mostly inexperienced team and those with experience adjusting to the new coaches and their preferences, and another severely imbalanced roster will be difficult to overcome. I’ll be happy to see some progress in the areas JWA mentioned though, but then I’m the patient type.[/quote]Woods has been practicing with the team too. I don’t think there were ever any reports that Woods wasn’t practicing with the team anyway. Just a twitter picture from practice that Woods wasn’t in–and lots of speculation by message board posters because of that.[/quote]I stand corrected, thanks. That’s a bit more encouraging that Woods might stay too, we’ll see what happens for both of them. If both he and Dorn stay, then I would feel a lot better about next year’s team, even with our post-depth issues. We would be putting out a starting five that is fairly talented and experienced.[/quote]

[quote=“R-U-SERIOUS, post:16, topic:29591”][quote=“9erken, post:15, topic:29591”][quote=“Niner National, post:13, topic:29591”][quote=“9erken, post:12, topic:29591”]I picked worse assuming Dorn, Woods, and Izundu are all headed elsewhere. Any of these 3 stick around, and I’d suggest equal or better. Almost any coaching would have to be better than last year, given the midseason turmoil and the poor choices made late in the season.

I think a brand new coach will often have some false starts, a mostly inexperienced team and those with experience adjusting to the new coaches and their preferences, and another severely imbalanced roster will be difficult to overcome. I’ll be happy to see some progress in the areas JWA mentioned though, but then I’m the patient type.[/quote]Woods has been practicing with the team too. I don’t think there were ever any reports that Woods wasn’t practicing with the team anyway. Just a twitter picture from practice that Woods wasn’t in–and lots of speculation by message board posters because of that.[/quote]I stand corrected, thanks. That’s a bit more encouraging that Woods might stay too, we’ll see what happens for both of them. If both he and Dorn stay, then I would feel a lot better about next year’s team, even with our post-depth issues. We would be putting out a starting five that is fairly talented and experienced.[/quote][/quote]

Woods has not been practicing with the team

I’ve been told that Woods has practiced with the team, just not as frequently as Dorn.

Are these kids just jerking us around? If they want to go, then REALLY GO!! Or stay, which is what I prefer, but STOP messing with our team, coach, and fans, dammit! >:(

um its us that won’t release them yet