Will Price's First Year Be Better than Major's Last?

Woods only went to 1 workout with the guards.

They are not jerking us around. They want to go. We are holding them up. They will get their release this week.

They are not jerking us around. They want to go. We are holding them up. They will get their release this week.[/quote]

clt is serious.

It’s impossible to judge right now. Not without a complete roster.

If they don’t get any additional bigs the it’s going to be tough.

They could be one injury away from a really desperate situation on the front line.

Let’s run this poll again after we have the complete roster.

They are not jerking us around. They want to go. We are holding them up. They will get their release this week.[/quote]

Why are they still “practicing” with the team?

Woods don’t practice with the team and Dorn was practicing because they asked him to keep coming to get to know the new staff.[/quote]

Woods don’t practice with the team and Dorn was practicing because they asked him to keep coming to get to know the new staff.[/quote][/quote]Woods and Dorn have both practiced and attended team events. Doesn’t mean they’ll stay, but they’ve been there.

Woods don’t practice with the team and Dorn was practicing because they asked him to keep coming to get to know the new staff.[/quote][/quote]Woods and Dorn have both practiced and attended team events. Doesn’t mean they’ll stay, but they’ve been there.[/quote]

why do you make it sound like Woods have been to multiple practices. Let’s be clear so everyone knows WOODS WENT TO 1 WORKOUT AND HE WENT TO THE BANQUET.

Woods don’t practice with the team and Dorn was practicing because they asked him to keep coming to get to know the new staff.[/quote][/quote]Woods and Dorn have both practiced and attended team events. Doesn’t mean they’ll stay, but they’ve been there.[/quote]

why do you make it sound like Woods have been to multiple practices. Let’s be clear so everyone knows WOODS WENT TO 1 WORKOUT AND HE WENT TO THE BANQUET.[/quote]

im not saying you are wrong but are you close to the program or the players? how do you know all these things?

I hope they are practicing with the team. It makes for better practices, it sets the bar for Price recruiting wise–he is used to working with players far more talented than we will get (NBA), and it gives them a chance to get to know the staff. It is harder to leave people you know and like, so we can hope.

[quote author=ninerfan55 link=topic=33549.msg646102#msg646102 date=1430787576]

why do you make it sound like Woods have been to multiple practices. Let’s be clear so everyone knows WOODS WENT TO 1 WORKOUT AND HE WENT TO THE BANQUET.[/quote]

im not saying you are wrong but are you close to the program or the players? how do you know all these things?
[/quote

I am close to the situation and if their is incorrect info being put out. I want to correct it so we all know the truth.

maybe its the wording but i dont like this way of thinking. will we have 9 nba players like uk? probably not but there is no reason that we should not have at least one nba player per year on the roster.

maybe its the wording but i dont like this way of thinking. will we have 9 nba players like uk? probably not but there is no reason that we should not have at least one nba player per year on the roster.[/quote]That is just simply an unrealistic expectation.

maybe its the wording but i dont like this way of thinking. will we have 9 nba players like uk? probably not but there is no reason that we should not have at least one nba player per year on the roster.[/quote]That is just simply an unrealistic expectation.[/quote]

why? one a year or every other year. im not talking lottery pick. at the very least we need to put a few people in the league soon. it helps recruiting.

maybe its the wording but i dont like this way of thinking. will we have 9 nba players like uk? probably not but there is no reason that we should not have at least one nba player per year on the roster.[/quote]That is just simply an unrealistic expectation.[/quote]

why? one a year or every other year. im not talking lottery pick. at the very least we need to put a few people in the league soon. it helps recruiting.[/quote]
Well sure, this would be great, but I have been following the Niners since '77-78 and can count the number of players we have put in the league on one hand with fingers left over. And we have had a better than average program for many of those years.

why? one a year or every other year. im not talking lottery pick. at the very least we need to put a few people in the league soon. it helps recruiting.[/quote]
Well sure, this would be great, but I have been following the Niners since '77-78 and can count the number of players we have put in the league on one hand with fingers left over. And we have had a better than average program for many of those years.[/quote]Precisely, Nugget.

Well sure, this would be great, but I have been following the Niners since '77-78 and can count the number of players we have put in the league on one hand with fingers left over. And we have had a better than average program for many of those years.[/quote]

and that is pitiful and that needs to change now.

[quote=“Nugget, post:35, topic:29591”]Well sure, this would be great, but I have been following the Niners since '77-78 and can count the number of players we have put in the league on one hand with fingers left over. And we have had a better than average program for many of those years.[/quote]Here’s the whole list from our Wiki page:

[ul][li]Cedric Ball (1990)[/li]
[li]Eddie Basden (2005–2006)[/li]
[li]Sean Colson (2000–2001)[/li]
[li]Byron Dinkins (1990–1991)[/li]
[li]DeMarco Johnson (1999–2000)[/li]
[li]Chad Kinch (1980–1981)[/li]
[li]Cedric Maxwell (1977–1988)[/li]
[li]Rodney White (2001–2005)[/li][/ul]
Only a few guys played more than one season. I think it’s also pretty unrealistic, given guys like DeMarco Johnson, Henry Williams, Joby Thomas, Byron Dinkins, and Eddie Basden, all-timers for us, couldn’t stick in the league. It’s a different level of talent. You might be able to argue we should have one player that at least makes a team every four years or so if our recruiting and results return to the late 90’s form. Even that is a tall order in the current landscape and our location in it.

[quote=“9erken, post:38, topic:29591”][quote=“Nugget, post:35, topic:29591”]Well sure, this would be great, but I have been following the Niners since '77-78 and can count the number of players we have put in the league on one hand with fingers left over. And we have had a better than average program for many of those years.[/quote]Here’s the whole list from our Wiki page:

Only a few guys played more than one season. I think it’s also pretty unrealistic, given guys like DeMarco Johnson, Henry Williams, Joby Thomas, Byron Dinkins, and Eddie Basden, all-timers for us, couldn’t stick in the league. It’s a different level of talent. You might be able to argue we should have one player that at least makes a team every four years or so if our recruiting and results return to the late 90’s form. Even that is a tall order in the current landscape and our location in it.[/quote]
That list is incorrect, most if not all of those players besides Rodney played more than one season.

[quote=“joeniner, post:39, topic:29591”][quote=“9erken, post:38, topic:29591”][quote=“Nugget, post:35, topic:29591”]Well sure, this would be great, but I have been following the Niners since '77-78 and can count the number of players we have put in the league on one hand with fingers left over. And we have had a better than average program for many of those years.[/quote]Here’s the whole list from our Wiki page:

Only a few guys played more than one season. I think it’s also pretty unrealistic, given guys like DeMarco Johnson, Henry Williams, Joby Thomas, Byron Dinkins, and Eddie Basden, all-timers for us, couldn’t stick in the league. It’s a different level of talent. You might be able to argue we should have one player that at least makes a team every four years or so if our recruiting and results return to the late 90’s form. Even that is a tall order in the current landscape and our location in it.[/quote]
That list is incorrect, most if not all of those players besides Rodney played more than one season.[/quote]I just see Dinkins, Maxwell, and White playing multiple seasons. Who else played multiple seasons in the NBA?