Withers

Any word if Curt will be a NBA free agent? I really think he is much better than many of the players drafted in the 2nd round last night.
Thanks

Any word if Curt will be a NBA free agent? I really think he is much better than many of the players drafted in the 2nd round last night. Thanks

Check his away message. I’m sure its a very accurate depiction of his status.

[QUOTE=gotLutz;179485]Check his away message. I’m sure its a very accurate depiction of his status.[/QUOTE]

eh?

[QUOTE=gotLutz;179485]Check his away message. I’m sure its a very accurate depiction of his status.[/QUOTE]

he hasnt had it up in the past hour or so. what did it say?

he hasnt had it up in the past hour or so. what did it say?

Oh nothing, I was merely referring to a recent shoutbox conversation from last night…

The Bobcats are interested in him for their summer camp team. That guarantees nothing, but it’s a start. He could still go elsewhere.

I would go to a lot more games if Curt made it onto the squad…

it’d be nice to see a few more niners in the nba

It’s my opinion that Curt will go to Europe and have a successful career there. I doubt he will play in the NBA. If he does, it will be an off-the-bench role player at best.

to see him ride the pine?

I would go to a lot more games if Curt made it onto the squad...

According to the Observer this morning he signed with the Bobcats as a free agent.

[URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/14935667.htm]Charlotte Observer: Withers Gets an Invitation[/URL]

I’m not sure who he could displace on the Bobcats roster, but he’s gotta be one of the cheapest sources of rebounds in the player pool. Cheap is Bob Johnon’s favorite word.

[QUOTE=C49er;179647][URL=http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/sports/basketball/nba/charlotte_bobcats/14935667.htm]Charlotte Observer: Withers Gets an Invitation[/URL][/QUOTE]

Ammo versus Curtis? That should be fun to see.

Morrison’s sister is moving to Charlotte? That’s creepy…

“We’re extremely close,” Brandie Morrison said. “This has always been his dream. He said in high school that if he went to the NBA, he wanted me to move with him, so I am.”

:confused:

Morrison's sister is moving to Charlotte? That's creepy...

“We’re extremely close,” Brandie Morrison said. “This has always been his dream. He said in high school that if he went to the NBA, he wanted me to move with him, so I am.”

:confused:

Maybe they could double w/ the Jolie bro/sis tandem??:huh:

[QUOTE=BobandEd49er;179653]Maybe they could double w/ the Jolie bro/sis tandem??:huh:[/QUOTE]

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Wait until Morrison’s bizarre political views become well known here in Charlotte. Peronally I don’t care, and I’m sure the kid is a stand-up individual, but this is the conservative south we’re talking about. I mean, how many of us had posters of Karl Marx and Che Guevara in their dormroom?

[QUOTE=NinerAdvocate;179648]I’m not sure who he could displace on the Bobcats roster, but he’s gotta be one of the cheapest sources of rebounds in the player pool. Cheap is Bob Johnon’s favorite word.[/QUOTE]

There’s the problem: Too many guaranteed contracts. He’s not cheap if the Bobcats have to cut a guaranteed contract (and pay it off) to keep him. He does have a chance to showcase his skills in the summer camp, which is coming up very soon. Europe still an option after that if he doesn’t have an NBA home. Lots of money to be made in Europe playing basketball. There are worse options in the real world.

..Lots of money to be made in Europe playing basketball. There are worse options in the real world.

Quoted for absolute truth.

According to the Observer article Bobcat summer camp starts Monday.