WKU basketball - Rick Stansbury era

http://www.wkusports.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/031716aac.html

Here’s the link, looks like some interesting stuff happening over at WKU.

clt says the NCAA is starting the punishment for UNC CHeat

Hilltoppers have their new coach.

WKUSports.com: [font=verdana][size=1em]Rick Stansbury Named 15th Hilltopper Head Men’s Basketball Coach[/size][/font]

[font=verdana]BGDailynews.com: Stansbury arrives in Bowling Green, expected to finalize deal with WKU ahead of Monday announcement[/font]

I think Stansbury is a very good get. I would have been excited if he became our next HC. Looks like he may have some former Niner assistants on his bench, Pierre and Cheeks.

Him bringing Pierre on board would be an impressive get for WKU.

I like Stansbury. Good get for WKU.

One would think they aren’t looking at potential sanctions for him to take this job.

[quote=“Charlotte2002, post:7, topic:30254”]One would think they aren’t looking at potential sanctions for him to take this job.[/quote]The WKU writer has stated several times there are no academic or NCAA issues going on.

[quote=“2k, post:4, topic:30254”]I think Stansbury is a very good get. I would have been excited if he became our next HC. Looks like he may have some former Niner assistants on his bench, Pierre and Cheeks.[/quote]Paying off in recruiting.

Kentucky.com: Five-star basketball recruit Mitchell Robinson commits to WKU

CBSSports.com: The hiring of Rick Stansbury is already paying off as prospects roll in for WKU

CBSSports.com: Four-star Class of 2017 prospect Josh Anderson picks Western Kentucky

clt says this is good for the conference.

[quote=“Run49er, post:9, topic:30254”][quote=“2k, post:4, topic:30254”]I think Stansbury is a very good get. I would have been excited if he became our next HC. Looks like he may have some former Niner assistants on his bench, Pierre and Cheeks.[/quote]Paying off in recruiting.

Kentucky.com: Five-star basketball recruit Mitchell Robinson commits to WKU[/quote]

Tweeted by ESPN’s Jeff Borzello following tonight’s McDonald’s AA game in Chicago:

Mitchell Robinson is going to average about 50 and 30 at Western Kentucky next season (maybe 18 and 12). Will be absolutely dominant.

Robinson had 14 points (7 of 9 FGs), 3 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 13 minutes off the bench for the East squad.

[quote=“Run49er, post:13, topic:30254”][quote=“Run49er, post:9, topic:30254”][quote=“2k, post:4, topic:30254”]I think Stansbury is a very good get. I would have been excited if he became our next HC. Looks like he may have some former Niner assistants on his bench, Pierre and Cheeks.[/quote]Paying off in recruiting.

Kentucky.com: Five-star basketball recruit Mitchell Robinson commits to WKU[/quote]

Tweeted by ESPN’s Jeff Borzello following tonight’s McDonald’s AA game in Chicago:

Mitchell Robinson is going to average about 50 and 30 at Western Kentucky next season (maybe 18 and 12). Will be absolutely dominant.

Mitchell had 14 points (7 of 9 FGs), 3 rebounds, and 2 blocks in 13 minutes off the bench for the East squad.[/quote]

clt says this is great for cusa. We need a ranked team to play in haltron again.

Latest on Mitchell Robinson:

WBKO.com In Jordan Brand Classic, Robinson impresses again

Tweeted by Jon Rothstein of CBS Sports after taking another look at last night’s Jordan Brand Classic:

Biggest takeaway from re-watching the JBC National Game? [b]Mitchell Robinson's presence at WKU changes entire national perception of C-USA.[/b]

Rothstein’s follow-up to his tweet:

Fanragsports.com: Rothstein Files | WKU’s Robinson will put Conference USA on the map

WKU is definitely going to look different in 2017-18 with a seven member top 15 recruiting class and three transfers to go along with four retunees. And that doesn’t include a one time recruit who enrolled as a student earlier this year! More players than scholarships!

From sports journalist Chad Bishop of the local ABC affiliate in Bowling Green, KY.

WBKO.com: BISHOP | As Stansbury continues to build juggernaut of a roster, expectations only grow higher

WKU picks up yet another graduate transfer who will be immediately eligible next season in 6-9/240 PF Dwight Coleby from Kansas. Didn’t log a lot of minutes with the Jayhawks last season but did have a 12 point game at Texas. Spent first two seasons at Ole Miss.

Not exactly sure how Stansbury is going to manage all the players he’s bringing in. As I have mentioned previously, more players than scholarships for what will probably be the preseason favorite in C-USA.