WKU Bonus Play Away Game 2-22-20 7:00 Tip

We were 5 for 9.

Awesome finish !
Great when they go our way…hope we draw a big crowd in our final two bonus play games !
Referees hate us on the road…

2 Likes

I didn’t get to listen to the game but way to go guys! Just shows what you can do!

Good and surprising game win.

1 Like

The tour of Nissan Stadium and visiting Nate Davis’s locker seems to have brought the team some luck. Kudos to the person who thought of that!

1 Like

What a finish ! Shepherd didn’t commit a turnover… and milos had the best game of his career tonight!

6 Likes

We were actually 5-7 on free throws, to their 19-23. That was a joke, especially when you consider we attacked the rim more than they did. We outscored them 46-36 in the paint. That included 26 in the paint during the first half, despite somehow only attempting 1 first half ft. Does anyone think we possibly scored 26 in the paint but only got fouled once?

2 Likes
4 Likes

my bad. 5 of 7.

1 Like

Awesome win. Was hoping to maybe win the 2 home games in bonus play & go .500. Didn’t think we had a snowball’s chance in hell to win this game but the guys looked great tonight. Supica & Shepherd both played really well. Great way to start bonus play.

3 Likes

We played better tonight, showing more grit and hitting bigger shots, than we have all season. No idea how Sanchez got these guys to perform like this. With all of WKU’s athleticism and skills and the refs doing their thing, we are seriously over performing in games like this. The fact we can win the way we did tonight with lower caliber athletes and scorers compared to WKU speaks volumes for this program’s potential.

Virginia first started winning the ACC with 3 star kids, so the pack line affords a lack of talents and athleticism, and I feel like I see us every game excel as a team defensively, even if individually we give up size, speed and overall ability.

1 Like

GREAT win. Now we gotta back it up by winning at home

1 Like

Great road win for the Niners. Eight days til we play FIU at home next Sunday March 1st. We need to pack Halton for that 2:00 PM start. A win against FIU at home will all but assure the Niners a 1st round bye in the CUSA tournament. That will be a huge game. Once again great win tonight. Now let’s get ready for FIU.

6 Likes

Truly, a packed Halton is incredibly important. I might even drive down!

4 Likes

This win just guaranteed that we will not have a losing season. The 1st since 2014. One more win guarantees a winning season. Need to get it on Sunday.

3 Likes

Yeah I said this the other day (in addition to a winning football season) but I stand corrected. I miscounted the pod play games. Great to see the turnaround from both squads

Boy, watching to the replay of Shepherd’s game winner, there was a lot of booing coming from the WKU crowd. I didn’t think Shepherd showed himself that much after the the shot.

He didn’t, but one thing I’ve learned since our switch back to CUSA is that WKU fans suck. A lot.

4 Likes

I think the fans were booing the refs for not randomly calling something that would have given the game to WKU.

8 Likes