WKU @ Charlotte 12/6 12Noon ESPN3

The CUSA championship is Dec 19. So no games past the 12th.

You said all three games would be attempted. When will we attempt to play Marshall?

Do you understand the championship game can also be moved back? Also, we may still try to play the MT game. They are open after this Saturday.

Bowl games start on the 19th. How would you reschedule the CUSA championship game?

Everything is still on the table. You do know some bowl games have already been moved, cancelled, etc. And can be changed again. Again, everything is still on the table, so stop stating things as fact, when they are not.

Right now the facts are that the CUSA championship is scheduled for Dec 19 and was moved from Dec. 5. So we have 3 weeks of regular season games left and 1 open date of Dec 12.

Bowl games start on Dec 19 as well and 4 bowl games with CUSA ties are scheduled to be played by Dec 26. So moving the CUSA championship would be impossible without great affect on the conference.

I know bowl games have been cancelled but I’m not aware of any that have been moved or rescheduled.

I know we will play as many games as possible. I expect they will adjust Will’s contract with games won since this season is so messed up.

I guess teams not in the CUSA championship game or bowl games could play Dec 19 and beyond but what’s the point.

21 wins in 36 games is 58.3%. So assume they use that same % but we only play 8 games this year then the number is 18-19 wins.

The point would be the same as it is every year, for every team. You’re a football team, you want to play as many football games as you can. Just like we did our first 3 seasons.

My apologies. Outside of a bowl game, I wasn’t aware of the post regular season games we have been playing the last 3 years.

This isn’t a normal year.

They will probably have us play Marshall on the 14th and if possible let us play MTSU on championship weekend.

Any other year that wouldn’t fly, but I’d be stunned if they hold hard and fast to the rules.

We will play as many games as we are able and allowed to play.

3 Likes

Any extra football we can play is a benefit if for nothing else the practice time.

This is not a normal year and you can’t treat it as such. FCS is going to try to play in the spring. We may even play our spring game against an FCS opponent. 2020 is weird.

Marshall plays FIU on the 11th. So you are saying they would play the 11th, 14th and 19th? I’m not sure that is fair to Marshall.

Any non-bowl game played the 19th or beyond is an exhibition game.

Cant you make the point that once you have lost 7 games in a season and out of a bowl game the rest of the games are exhibition?

The more they can play the better it is for the players and the coaches. Not so much about wins and losses but about getting game experience and just getting better. Not to mention that just on a individual level the kids deserve to play games as long as they can after what they have gone through. I cant imagine getting jacked up to play and then suddenly no game.

Yes you certainly could. Big difference is that they are still playing regular season games.

I get playing for playing sake. And that is what it will be. If the team wants to play then let them. I’m not against it at all.

I don’t see a path to rescheduling the Marshall game if we lose on Tuesday. Just no time left.

If i was marshall not sure Id see the value in playing us at that late date with special effort to get it scheduled.

I hope they get to play as many as they can though.

This, exactly Clayton.

Agree. Unless it is for the East title, I can’t see a road to reschedule the Marshall game.

That’s why I think so much depends on the WKU game. Win then we play FIU (win) and play Marshall on the 12th.

If we lose it’s likely FIU and MTSU to close the season.

Why does coach look like a 90 pound weakling in this video?

Never seen this before on my App.