WOW... NICE JOB BOBBY LUTZ

This team is hard for me to figure out-- I think itā€™s gotta be hard for an opposing coach to figure out. You never know who, besides Lee, is gonna step up; Wilderness, Dewberry, Mack, Coley, Andersen. . . Youneverknow.

Unpredictable because weā€™re versatile, I guess.

[QUOTE=forDniner;282296]Wonder how big Lutzā€™s smile was when he shook the hands of Rivers, Stitt and Oglesby. :biggrin:

[/QUOTE]

Moments like that would be better than the scoreboard. Thats where the real value in this win comes from.

[QUOTE=EJNiner;282301]4-14 from 3 is like going 6-14 from 2 or 44%ā€¦Iā€™ll take that all dayā€¦much better than last Saturday and it sounded like most the 3ā€™s were great looks. 13 assists and 15 turnoversā€¦nice!![/QUOTE]

Only one ā€œbadā€ shot taken by Lee, and I think that guy kind of surprised Lee in that he thought he had juked him. Even though we got blocked 11 times tonight, we still did not give up taking it inside.

Big Phil had two big blocks late in the game after Stitt got free heading for the hoop, and Coley had a block late in the game also.

We turned the ball over WAY too many times simply trying to get it across half court. They are a decent pressing team, but we made them look like one of Pitinoā€™s Kentucky teams. We also got a lot of layups from their press, so it wasnā€™t ALL bad, but we could have smoked them without the bad turnovers.

Huge game for dewhurst, wow was he big in keeping our offense going, making hustle plays, and played pretty good D.

Harris did ok against the pressure, didnā€™t shoot to well, but he was wide open for some of those and I think heā€™ll make some in the future. He did play good D.

Phil Jones with a breakout game, like to see that a lot. I hope he can keep it up and get some good minutes. Gabyā€™s foul trouble gave phil the opportunity I think.

did ian play much at all? I saw him in a few times, but he got little pt.

Coley just did all the things he usually does, one of those jucos that seems to be actually working out for us (along with mack, who had a decent game too).

Gerrity had a few turnovers tonight, but also had some really nice drives and dishes. He shows flashes of strong play, then gets erratic. I hope he can become consistent, I like what he does for our offense when heā€™s playing well. I thought he played ok D too.

Lutz did a nice job tonight, called timeouts at the right time, and even had one or two good inbounds plays. The game plan seemed to work pretty well. Clemson looked like they hadnā€™t scouted us at all (and maybe they hadnā€™t after hearing Purnellā€™s comments from before).

What a big win, Iā€™m happy for the guys. Bring on the A-10!:49ers::49ers::49ers::49ers:

Edit: Forgot to mention Lee. Great game for him, even if his scoring total was average for him. He took good shots. He drove to the basket for short jumpers, which really kept his defender honest. Iā€™d like to see more of this from him, it makes him extremely tough to defend, because eventually they have to slack off a bit to protect the drive.

The guys played really hard tonight, and Lutz must have talked to them about jacking up 3ā€™s (especially during the critical parts of the game). It did also seem like we ran a new inbounds play (eventhough Phil did not finish). We still need to get stronger in the paint, and be able to finish these shots in the lane. If we could start finishing some of our ease shots in the lane, we would have a much better record than we do now. One thing I wish Bobby would have done is come up with a better way of breaking their press. We spent to much time trying to dribble around it.

GREAT GAME :49ers:

[QUOTE=9erken;282330]
did ian play much at all? I saw him in a few times, but he got little pt.
[/QUOTE]

Ian guarded well in the first half when he played. He has really improved his defense versus last year. He had two big turnovers though, and got the hook pretty quick after the first one. The second one came near the end when Lutz put the FT-shooting unit in the game.

If we are going to hammer Bobby for losses weā€™ve got to give him credit for wins like this. Huge win. Hope we can build some momentum and go on a run through the A10. GO NINERS!

Bobby was smart to put Harris back in the starting line-up and play him for most of the game at PG. Gerrity definitely has the tools but he hasnā€™t earned that starting spot while Harris has earned it over and over again, heā€™s amazing.

[FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]Its good to see a team like this one on the court again. A strong basketball season would do wonders for football as well. We should hold off on the extension talk for the short termā€¦however,

It is apparent that Lutz has worked hard and is doing the right things to bring us back. He has shown again that he can assemble a deep, talented team that is young with lots of future potential. He has shown that he actually can field a team that can pass and play tough defense. He has again been competitive in big games with some big wins.

He has to show some consistency. It looks like a deep A-10 this year. If Lutz finishes strong this year doing these things well, he will have earned more contract money for himself anyway. I think everyone is much happier with Lutz at present than 6 months ago. Nice job Bobby Lutz.
[/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE=2][FONT=Arial]:)[/FONT][/SIZE]

Was an amazing game. I bought the 4.99 online pass and watched the Niners play a lot like they did for the second half of the Maryland game. Just something about the zip and the heart they are playing with. A sense of team. I am thrilled we won but would have been proud no matter what the outcome they way they played last night. The Team was awesome in my opinion. The announcers kept saying it was the loss over the weekend that had them down / such a close game. I would have loved to have reminded them Charlotte had the same situation but bounced back with gusto.

[QUOTE=cibik02;282274][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=5][COLOR=darkgreen]Next year they are coming to OUR HOUSE!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

Donā€™t be so sure. I have not heard any OFFICIAL announcement of this, and apparently, neither has clempzenā€™s coach.

Don't be so sure. I have not heard any OFFICIAL announcement of this, and apparently, neither has clempzen's coach.
per Utter the contract has been signed, and the game will be in Halton. To cancel out of the contract is $1 Million, I'd like to play them, but if they wan't to pay 2 years salary for the first 49er Head Football Coach, I am okay with that too.

thats not trueā€¦the contract is signed for next year, but its only a $100,000 buyout. We talked about this on the bus last night coming home from Clemsonā€¦per some higher ups in organization I canā€™t begin to remember the names of. Right now Clemson, is damned if you do, damned if you donā€™tā€¦nobody (especially in the ACC) wants to come into Halton Arena, but none want to look like a puss either!

[QUOTE=brentrob55;282495]thats not trueā€¦the contract is signed for next year, but its only a $100,000 buyout. We talked about this on the bus last night coming home from Clemsonā€¦per some higher ups in organization I canā€™t begin to remember the names of. Right now Clemson, is damned if you do, damned if you donā€™tā€¦nobody (especially in the ACC) wants to come into Halton Arena, but none want to look like a puss either![/QUOTE]

which is exactly what clemson will look like if they opt out of coming to halton.

Bobby was smart to put Harris back in the starting line-up and play him for most of the game at PG. Gerrity definitely has the tools but he hasn't earned that starting spot while Harris has earned it over and over again, he's amazing.

I personally believe that when Gerrity became eligible it screwed up our flow and chemistry, by forcing him in with too many minutes. Its obvious this team responds better to Harris.

[QUOTE=metro;282499]I personally believe that when Gerrity became eligible it screwed up our flow and chemistry, by forcing him in with too many minutes. Its obvious this team responds better to Harris.[/QUOTE]

Agree. Keep Harris in the game.

I felt Bobby Lutz lost the game by keeping Goldwire in the game and letting him keep shooting. A great adjustment by getting other players involved. We can't rely on Lee all the time.

Great NINERS chants at the end. This will HELP A TON at the end of the year!

Iā€™n probably the only one that thinks Lee is better than Harris and Gerrity at the point.

I'n probably the only one that thinks Lee is better than Harris and Gerrity at the point.

he probably is, but then it takes away his strength at 2. Your statement is sort of like saying Jonathon Papplebaum is a better starter than 2 of the Red Sox starters. Its a true statement, but its not a net gain overall.

[B]If[/B] Clemson backs out, I hope Mike P allows the Observer to nail them to the wall. This is the first ACC team to agree to play in Halton and now that they lose to us in their house they back out? Weā€™ve been hearing ā€œinferiority complexā€ for far too long, if this happens it proves what weā€™ve been saying for years.