WOW... NICE JOB BOBBY LUTZ

[QUOTE=metro;282513]he probably is, but then it takes away his strength at 2. Your statement is sort of like saying Jonathon Papplebaum is a better starter than 2 of the Red Sox starters. Its a true statement, but its not a net gain overall.[/QUOTE]

Not sure Iā€™m sold that Lee is better at the point than Harris but I agree with Metroā€™s statement. We are better with Lee at the 2.

Much better with Lee at the 2.Our offense is much less imposing when he has to bring it up and set up other guys.

[QUOTE=ice_cold49er;282344]One thing I wish Bobby would have done is come up with a better way of breaking their press. We spent to much time trying to dribble around it.[/QUOTE]
Yeah. I was disappointed to see Gerrity, who is an attacker on the dribble, turn around and go backwards from press.

[QUOTE=metro;282513][QUOTE=bball49er;282509]Iā€™n probably the only one that thinks Lee is better than Harris and Gerrity at the point.[/QUOTE]

he probably is, but then it takes away his strength at 2. Your statement is sort of like saying Jonathon Papplebaum is a better starter than 2 of the Red Sox starters. Its a true statement, but its not a net gain overall.[/QUOTE]
I agree with Metro. Net effect is not there. Iā€™m glad that we had a true PG in all night last night.

[QUOTE=forDniner;282543][B]If[/B] Clemson backs out, I hope Mike P allows the Observer to nail them to the wall. This is the first ACC team to agree to play in Halton and now that they lose to us in their house they back out? Weā€™ve been hearing ā€œinferiority complexā€ for far too long, if this happens it proves what weā€™ve been saying for years.[/QUOTE]
QFT!

thats not true....the contract is signed for next year, but its only a $100,000 buyout. We talked about this on the bus last night coming home from Clemson...per some higher ups in organization I can't begin to remember the names of. Right now Clemson, is damned if you do, damned if you don't....nobody (especially in the ACC) wants to come into Halton Arena, but none want to look like a puss either!
Whats the reasoning for not wanting to come to Halton other than being scared we'll destroy them? Halton is as nice of a facility as Littlejohn, and only seats around 1,000 less... and they couldn't fill Littlejohn (or their student section).
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=5][COLOR=darkgreen]Next year they are coming to OUR HOUSE!!!![/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Didnā€™t I hear yesterday that Coach Purnell said (before the game) that he had no intentions of coming to Charlotte next year?

If they come they come. If the donā€™t they donā€™t. To hell with 'em if they decide to back out. Weā€™ve already made our point by kicking their ass in their own house.

[QUOTE=cptn319;282604]Didnā€™t I hear yesterday that Coach Purnell said (before the game) that he had no intentions of coming to Charlotte next year?[/QUOTE]
Yes, he said that on MSP yesterday. Said he didnā€™t even know where Halton Arena was.

[QUOTE=ChevEE;282611]Yes, he said that on MSP yesterday. Said he didnā€™t even know where Halton Arena was.[/QUOTE]

That was discussed on the Page (WFNZ) this morning. They played the Lamar Lathom clipā€¦I bet you know where Charlotte is now, Jerry and made fun of Purnell.

Lutz was on the show this morning at 8:30. This was very symbolic/emotional win for Coach Lutz and he talked about it so i will make public here. I donā€™t have all of the specifics but from what I gathered. His sister died in a car accident either the night of or within a couple of days of a big win when he was an assistant at Clemson. Yesterday was the anniversary of that tragic event and we just happened to be playing Clemson. He said he walked around Clemsonā€™s campus before the game reliving that time in his life. He decided win or lose that he would tell his players that story after the game and that the he loved them and they have done everything he has asked, to put things in perspective. He told them the story after the game.

That was discussed on the Page (WFNZ) this morning. They played the Lamar Lathom clip...I bet you know where Charlotte is now, Jerry and made fun of Purnell.

Lutz was on the show this morning at 8:30. This was very symbolic/emotional win for Coach Lutz and he talked about it so i will make public here. I donā€™t have all of the specifics but from what I gathered. His sister died in a car accident either the night of or within a couple of days of a big win when he was an assistant at Clemson. Yesterday was the anniversary of that tragic event and we just happened to be playing Clemson. He said he walked around Clemsonā€™s campus before the game reliving that time in his life. He decided win or lose that he would tell his players that story after the game and that the he loved them and they have done everything he has asked, to put things in perspective. He told them the story after the game.

the way I understood the story is that 23 years to the day, his sister was driving to the Ga Tech-Clemson game when the accident happened. Of course Lutz coached under Cliff Ellis in that game. Bobby said they were sky high because Ga Tech was top 5, and then he learned later what had happened.

Dijuan Harris is not only a starter, but he may be the best point guard weā€™ve had for some time. I love his defense, his speed, and - most of all - his heart. Oh, and his shots at the line helped too!

Phil played with confidence. Thatā€™s a big step in the right direction.

Dewhurst played with tremendous energy. Holy crap - if you missed the game, you missed one helluva SWAT at the end.

Mack (got a really nice three early, played a great overall game), Coley made some clutch shots, Wilderness, everybody brought their ā€˜Aā€™ games. Charlotte took a lot of abuse (even though there were a lot of fouls - refs swallowed their whistles for a lot of extracurricular stuff) and Coley (sent into the scorerā€™s table for an uncalled intentional) and Dewhurst (landed awfully hard to the floor on his back after getting fouled hard while airborne) got abused.

This was also a scrappy game - Clemson had 11 good steals (Charlotte 8) and everybody was diving and fighting for the ball every time. Just an enjoyable basketball game for a fan of the game. Both teams wanted the win and it showed.

No one was a ā€œblack holeā€. No one jumped at an opportunity to pad their stats and everyone was pointing at each other after shots and really encouraging each other.

Star of the game: Leemire Goldwire.

He might not have had a stat-stuffer game ā€¦ but he looked like a leader in every sense of the word. The team shot over 48% and Goldwire played as though he believed in his teammatesā€™ abilities as much as his own. Goldwire went after each and every rebound as hard as Iā€™ve ever seen. He had a couple taken away - but finished with TEN. He had a great inside-outside game - he went 3 of 7 behind the arc (passing up decent opportunities and waiting for good opportunities), and drove hard to the basket (4 of 6) while drawing fouls - which of course, he nailed. I couldnā€™t say enough good things about the way Lee played yesterday.

Harris is a much better defender then Lee. Lee is very inconsistent as he gets burned and takes to many chances to be a PG. Harris is consistent and rarely gets burned!