Wright State Postgame

[quote=ā€œeason49, post:59, topic:24627ā€]Benching Braswell is a bad idea. He needs more game time to learn than Phil; he is the future. If you want to go to the NCAAs in the next 2 years, you better hope he gets better.

Not to mention, if he doesnt stay happy then he could transfer.[/quote]

Agree with this. I like Phil coming off the bench and at this point in his career if you bench Bras Iā€™m not sure where his head would be.

Loved the win. Loved the atmosphere (considering the circumstances). Loved being in between two great Niners, SteauA and punkrockcowboy. Loved the heart.

That saidā€¦

Still not sold that this team could have overcome such a deficit on the road. Would loved to be proved wrong, and I very well could be if this team could put together a full 40-minute game. Still way too many unforced turnovers, bonehead plays and terrible shot selection for my liking.

I do have to take a second and mention the liking that Iā€™ve taken to Major over the last 2 games. I still scratch my head here and there, but I see in Alan something special, and it is obvious that he cares big time about this team. Thatā€™s definitely something I can support.

Letā€™s go take care of business on the road!

Note to self: I should probably change that avatar since all the hair is gone. :blank:

[quote=ā€œHaltonHellraiser2, post:62, topic:24627ā€]Loved the win. Loved the atmosphere (considering the circumstances). Loved being in between two great Niners, SteauA and punkrockcowboy. Loved the heart.
That saidā€¦

Still not sold that this team could have overcome such a deficit on the road. Would loved to be proved wrong, and I very well could be if this team could put together a full 40-minute game. Still way too many unforced turnovers, bonehead plays and terrible shot selection for my liking.

I do have to take a second and mention the liking that Iā€™ve taken to Major over the last 2 games. I still scratch my head here and there, but I see in Alan something special, and it is obvious that he cares big time about this team. Thatā€™s definitely something I can support.

Letā€™s go take care of business on the road![/quote]

Thanks for the shout-out. We held it down in the middle rows of 104 tonight!

Thanks for the Christmas present Niners!

One of the biggest problems we have and have had since Plavā€™s year is we simply donā€™t have multiple someones who can put the ball in the basket. Playing nasty defense is wonderful, but weā€™re not going to win as much as we want scoring 57 a night.

[quote=ā€œget_gold78, post:43, topic:24627ā€]I hate to ask a stupid question but who was the guy in the blue outfit with LA on his hat? he came over to the huddle once and I see him at all the gamesā€¦[/quote]That would be Mr Brown. Why heā€™s still sitting on the chairs by the bench and jumping in the huddle is beyond me. I would imagine Major will start wondering the same thing and put a stop to it. Demon did the same thing a couple of years ago until Lutz had somebody say something to him.

Was Sirin trying to tomahawk dunk that one time he made rhe baseline move and got fouled? :)) If so, maybe he can let Braswell borrow some of that jazz.

Besides the 14 turnovers, I thought the guys played a pretty good game. This team just canā€™t D-up man-to-man. Thereā€™s too many players who canā€™t or wonā€™t move their feet. Major should just go ahead and pick a couple of zones he feels comfortable with and stick with them.

We won. Thatā€™s two in a row, baby. 8)

Luka mustā€™ve called from Slovenia and said heā€™s gotten everything worked out, because Derrio played like someone wants his playing time. Itā€™s nice to see him hitting shots to go along with his new commitment to distributing the ball. NLP and I were discussing after the game the dynamic developing between Deuce and Green. This is two games in a row where Green was in charge of the ball to end the game.

Officiating wise, we mustā€™ve been spoiled for the Tennessee game, because that was pretty bad. Lots of missed travel calls, the terrible out-of-bounds call (thankfully got reversed), no calls on moving screens or over-the-backs, etcā€¦ But the real positive is that this is two UGLY games weā€™ve won in a row. A10 play is not pretty, itā€™s UGLY, so Iā€™m glad weā€™re finding ways to win.

Ugly Wins are much better than Pretty Losses.

[quote=ā€œJ Felt, post:67, topic:24627ā€]We won. Thatā€™s two in a row, baby. 8)

Luka mustā€™ve called from Slovenia and said heā€™s gotten everything worked out, because Derrio played like someone wants his playing time. Itā€™s nice to see him hitting shots to go along with his new commitment to distributing the ball. NLP and I were discussing after the game the dynamic developing between Deuce and Green. This is two games in a row where Green was in charge of the ball to end the game.

Officiating wise, we mustā€™ve been spoiled for the Tennessee game, because that was pretty bad. Lots of missed travel calls, the terrible out-of-bounds call (thankfully got reversed), no calls on moving screens or over-the-backs, etcā€¦ But the real positive is that this is two UGLY games weā€™ve won in a row. A10 play is not pretty, itā€™s UGLY, so Iā€™m glad weā€™re finding ways to win.[/quote]

Derrio may be a better distributor than Briscoe. Heā€™d be a good PG if he worked on his dribbling ability.

A lot of that probably has to do with height.

But Briscoe came up big with timely buckets last night, too.

Oh, and to the person I pulled out in front of in the parking deck last night, I apologize, I really thought you were letting me through.

OKā€¦who is the cute, skinny little blonde chick (wearing the Niners jersey) who was sitting right behind the WSU bench and standing up to see in to their huddle every timeout? I know she was shown on the big screen at TWC jawing at the refs against Tennessee as wellā€¦I like her. I know someone on here must know who she is.

Your post needed more smileys.

She was in Charleston too and a HUGE Phil Jones fan. It was funny the minute Phil would come out for a break she would immediately start yelling ā€œPut Big Phil back in!ā€

I donā€™t knowā€¦ but she has been raining down profanity upon the visiting bench for the entire year.

I approve.

Go onā€¦

I always thought she was a student athlete, but I was assuming because of her exceptional enthusiasm.

I like her, too. In Charleston and the Tenn game she was wearing knit dresses, and with her long hair she kind of stood out. That clip they showed of her ragging on the UT bench was hilarious. I figured she is on this board, since she is obviously a huge fan.

Worst ref crew Iā€™ve seen in a long time. Derrio was getting grabbed right in front of them, and no call, then touch fouls called on us at the other end. That charge call on Braswell was ridiculous, and the no-call when the WS player landed out of bounds along the baseline with the ball in his handsā€¦

First 25 minutes was really frustrating. Why did Deuce keep stopping at the 3-point line instead of penetrating? When he did drive in, he kicked it out many times when it was open underneath, and then he put up a shot among the trees when he should have kicked it out. Sirin and JB were both open on the wings, but ignored by the guards too often, as were Bras and Phil in the lane. I just donā€™t think Briscoe sees the court well enough to find the open man consistently. Probably a height issue.

Still, the last 15 minutes made up for the first 25, and it was nice to see them figure it out and play like they did.

Here name is Haley. Thatā€™s all I will say. She is best friends with my daughter. I too am proud of her. I spoke with her in Charleston and her goal is to get thrown out of a game. GO HALEY!