WTF, Panthers, ANOTHER first rounder?

Was it worth coughing up a 1st rounder for the second year in a row to move up in the 2nd round this year? I know we have needs on defense, but jeeeez. The Panthers faithful at Picasso’s last night almost rioted when that was announced.

Discuss.

Yeah 2 straight years without a 1st rounder does suck, but I don’t think this was entirely bad. We have an offense that is clicking right now and if we lose Julius right before the season starts we needed to have a pass rush. Plus hopefully next year will be close to this past year and the 1st rounder would have been a later pick anyway not some thing in the top 20. So while it does suck - we are probably best served taking our shot now.

With Peppers up in the air, I thought it was a decent move. Of course it only makes sense if Brown can play, the organization apparently thinks he can make an immediate impact. We did get a 4th rounder as well in this draft. I know no one likes to give up a 1st, but despite the schedule, I think we will be good next year. Have to wait and see on this one, Otah worked out last year.

hey at least your not a Raiders fan…

good god what are they doing out there?

I liked it yesterday and I still like it today. We’ve been very pro-active in the draft the past two years and it helped out last season and I believe it will help us out this season too.

1st rounders are overrated.

Relax guys. They know what they’re doing.

The draft isn’t about your personal entertainment, it’s about making the team better. I rather have a day where I have to wait a little longer for pick, and then go week or two further into the playoffs.

The panthers have an absolutely brutal schedule, they could have given up a top 10 pick for a 2nd rounder.

It was not a good move. They could have at the very least gotten more, or given less.

This isn’t a critique of the player, who may very well be good. It was just a blunder of a trade.

If you end up having to ship Peppers which I feel like they will have to before the next draft and gain another first round choice next year how does that change your perceptions of the deal(s)?

This is funny. I love all the couch coaches thinking they know better than Hurney and Fox. Panthers will be no where near a top 15 pick in the next draft and there’s not a whole lot of talent difference between 16 and 70.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404297]This is funny. I love all the couch coaches thinking they know better than Hurney and Fox. Panthers will be no where near a top 15 pick in the next draft and there’s not a whole lot of talent difference between 16 and 70.[/QUOTE]

Yeah it is almost as funny as people thinking they have the right to offer their opinion when obviously there are far superior football minds on the board which will quickly and efficiently put them in their place.

Yeah it is almost as funny as people thinking they have the right to offer their opinion when obviously there are far superior football minds on the board which will quickly and efficiently put them in their place.
:lmao:

With the 4th rounder we got from the 9ers, we pick up another RB from Texas A&M Mike Goodson RB 6’0" 208

[QUOTE=TheShowDawg;404309]Yeah it is almost as funny as people thinking they have the right to offer their opinion when obviously there are far superior football minds on the board which will quickly and efficiently put them in their place.[/QUOTE]

Well one thing a message board has in the same ample abondance as a55holes is opinions. I’m willing to trust folks that so far have had a good draft record overall than to whine about a 1st day draft pick next year that can be anywhere from 1st to 32nd. When and if this choice backfires on the Panthers and I’m sure we all can agree we hope it doesn’t, then everyone who is currently complaining about this decision will have the honor of justification.

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404297]This is funny. I love all the couch coaches thinking they know better than Hurney and Fox. Panthers will be no where near a top 15 pick in the next draft and there’s not a whole lot of talent difference between 16 and 70.[/QUOTE]

yeah…a little more like the past two years Fox has probably justified it by saying IF the first round pick is 15 or under, he won’t be the one making the draft decisions anyway

1st rounders are overrated.

OK?..

FYI, the 49ers say thank you.

A. What a lot of you fail to understand is a first rounder has at least as much chance to be a bust as a second rounder. While looking through the eyes of our team, which has unusual success in the first round, just take a look at Detroit.

B. Peppers had the Panthers by the balls when it came to making a deal with him, because he knew they really didn’t have another viable starter on the roster. With this deal, we took our balls back, and now have control over the situation again. Worst comes to worst, Peppers is traded for a 1st next year, and it’s basically us getting the new guy + a forth for Peppers, which I’ll take any day.

C. Most of the people moaning are pissed because they wanna get wasted and watch the first round. I like the draft as much as anyone, but this isn’t about Saturday, this is about the season. The Panthers lacked a pass rush, now they got a major piece.

D. Finally, more bawling because this guy doesn’t play a “flashy” position. Guaranteed there would be half the whining if we had blown some picks to choose a big time WR or QB.

I like football, as much as any person.

However, I do not understand why the NFL Draft is televised and why people watch it. Just gimme a list of my team’s selections after the draft is over.

The only thing worse would be the release of the game schedules being televised.

oh wait, they are.

Are all NFL fans really this silly? I guess in a country where Mark Packer can earn a paycheck for saying nothing that anything is possible.

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;404337]I like football, as much as any person.

However, I do not understand why the NFL Draft is televised and why people watch it. Just gimme a list of my team’s selections after the draft is over.

The only thing worse would be the release of the game schedules being televised.

oh wait, they are.

Are all NFL fans really this silly? I guess in a country where Mark Packer can earn a paycheck for saying nothing that anything is possible.[/QUOTE]

For me the NFL Draft is greater than a rancid Playoff NBA game or a boring MLB game. JMHO.