WTF, Panthers, ANOTHER first rounder?

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404339]For me the NFL Draft is greater than a rancid Playoff NBA game or a boring MLB game. JMHO.[/QUOTE]

If I had to choose between those 3, I’d probably go find a lawn to mow or wonder around Concord Mills. I hate both but after mowing a lawn, I will have accomplished something.

As far as Concord Mills, I could find something to laugh at. As in, who would buy the crap in this store?

[QUOTE=JoeSixPack;404341]If I had to choose between those 3, I’d probably go find a lawn to mow or wonder around Concord Mills. I hate both but after mowing a lawn, I will have accomplished something.

As far as Concord Mills, I could find something to laugh at. As in, who would buy the crap in this store?[/QUOTE]

C Mills does provide a twisted sort of entertainment. If we could get as many people to go to our football games as go there on a torrential rain day to C Mills we would have no issues getting into a BCS conference!:thumbsup:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404344]If we could get as many people to go to our football games as go there on a torrential rain day to C Mills we would have no issues getting into a BCS conference!:thumbsup:[/QUOTE]

this is true.

Here’s why I get fed up with the NFL draft.

One analyst says about a 1st rounder.

[QUOTE]This is a shock. They need defense, but this is too high. I don’t think he’s as good as his reputation. He will be steady, but not spectacular. [/QUOTE]

yet another analyst says this about the same player.

[QUOTE]He is a gifted athlete who plays with a good motor and has a nose for the ball. This is a nice value at the end of the first round and he should be able to play on all three downs…[/QUOTE]

I guess the player is not as good as his reputation, is steady, but not spectacular, yet he has a good motor, a nose for the ball, and should be able to play all three downs.

Get the damn players in camp and we will find what they can really do.

I’m sure many of you are too young to remember, but I recall a year where the top 3 picks were Troy Aikman, Barry Sanders and Tony Mandarich. There actually were people who claimed that Mandarich was the best of those 3 prospects.

For me the NFL Draft is greater than a rancid Playoff NBA game or a boring MLB game. JMHO.

Have you been watching the NBA Playoffs this season? The Celtics - Bulls series has been ridiculous. I’ve seen three games in that series that were better than any game I saw in the NCAA Tournament this year.

[QUOTE=SteauA;404368]Have you been watching the NBA Playoffs this season? The Celtics - Bulls series has been ridiculous. I’ve seen three games in that series that were better than any game I saw in the NCAA Tournament this year.[/QUOTE]

Basketball consists of two halves of 20 minutes of play. Each player is allowed 5 fouls before they are forced from the game. Fouls are called as are walks and double dribbles. The NBA features none of these. Therefore it is NOT basketball.:biggrin:

[QUOTE=49RFootballNow;404373]Basketball consists of two halves of 20 minutes of play. Each player is allowed 5 fouls before they are forced from the game. Fouls are called as are walks and double dribbles. The NBA features none of these. Therefore it is NOT basketball.:biggrin:[/QUOTE]

the best players from the type of basketball you’re talking about barely scrape the league he’s referring to. it’s understanding considering the college team we follow though. dont understand criticism against the nba playoffs…but then again, it’s just the minority trying to make their opinion seem stronger…they sure do get paid a lot of money for no one to care…wonder where it comes from? boston-chicago has been amazing. couple of the orlando/sixers games as well.

nfl draft is stupid to watch because knowing about the picks and knowing who’s picked neither are offered only by watching it on tv. the only thing you get on tv, as someone else referenced, is people that think they know what they’re talking about. keyshawn johnson is an analyst. enough said.

[QUOTE=ninerball49;404374]the best players from the type of basketball you’re talking about barely scrape the league he’s referring to. it’s understanding considering the college team we follow though. dont understand criticism against the nba playoffs…but then again, it’s just the minority trying to make their opinion seem stronger…they sure do get paid a lot of money for no one to care…wonder where it comes from?[/QUOTE]

I’m happy that former NCAA players can make a decent living preforming Harlem Globetrotter tricks, but I find it boring. JMHO

this is where i write up ‘exaggeration’ on the board and circle it…like i said…trying so hard to make the minority opinion seem like it matters to anyone who’s just trying to watch amazing basketball. your loss…i dont give a rats ass what you watch

[QUOTE=ninerball49;404376]this is where i write up ‘exaggeration’ on the board and circle it…like i said…trying so hard to make the minority opinion seem like it matters to anyone who’s just trying to watch amazing basketball. your loss…i dont give a rats ass what you watch[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your enthusiasm Famous Anus, here’s your cookie!

Have you been watching the NBA Playoffs this season? The Celtics - Bulls series has been ridiculous. I've seen three games in that series that were better than any game I saw in the NCAA Tournament this year.
Yea I saw some of the game today. I switched between it and Talladega for a bit. It was quite good.

I don’t think those of us who dislike the NBA are a small minority at all tho. It just seemed to get worse near the end of Jordan’s career and when the Hornets left IMO. I think it has gotten better recently tho. It has been hard for me to get back into it since then since I haven’t watched it much at all in many years, but games like what the Bulls and Celtics played are making it easier. It doesn’t hurt that those are my two favorite teams.

I’ve just learned that the NBA isn’t so much about cheering for a franchise anymore as much as it is about being a fan of a group of players. Certainly not that way for everyone, but it seems that way for a lot of people I know.

You know what’s REALLY boring? College football. Horribly, horribly dull.

might wanna turn on a cavaliers game at some point in the playoffs…Lebron is about to coorinate himself the ‘legit’ king of the NBA.

I can’t turn away in fear I will miss greatness…just like I’m sure many of the older crowd here watched jordan.

I’m not going to argue with the way the Panthers decide to use their picks, or obtain them for that matter. They are their in the front office and apparently they know what is best. After last years draft most were scratching their heads over giving up a 1st and picking up another RB but it worked. I won’t bitch unless we are 7-9 at the end of the year.

Besides I figure we will probably be receiving a first round once a trade is brokered for Peppers.

I hated the NBA for a while. The hornets leaving + the general decline of the league. Honestly, the 1 year cap has made college and pro basketball so much better for me personally.

Not only does it help with name recognition, but it keeps things like Kwame Brown being the #1 pick from happening. The league has gotten so much better now that the NBA can pick players based on a known quality. Also, there is just some sick basketball being played. All those high school superstars have totally blossomed now, and you have guys like D-wade and Lebron just destroying everything in their way.

I hate Kobe and the Lakers, but there are so many teams out there playing awesome basketball. And then there are teams like the Bulls, who can’t shoot a lick, but are still managing to beat a better team (of course, if KG was playing I don’t think the Bulls would have a chance).

Watching the Cavs play this post season, and for most of the season, has been just disgusting. They pass, shoot, dribble, defend, everything almost flawlessly. And it is a total team effort. LeBron is a modern Oscar Robertson, something most people never thought would ever happen again. And he’s doing it.

NBA is usually so predictable. By the first month or 2 you know who is going to be there at the end. I prefer college basketball instead, besides they actually call fouls, etc. in college.

[QUOTE=UNCCShannon;404417]NBA is usually so predictable. By the first month or 2 you know who is going to be there at the end. I prefer college basketball instead, besides they actually call fouls, etc. in college.[/QUOTE]

They call fouls in the NBA. The only thing they don’t call is traveling. Also, what is wrong with the best team winning it all?

I hated the NBA for a while. The hornets leaving + the general decline of the league. Honestly, the 1 year cap has made college and pro basketball so much better for me personally.

Not only does it help with name recognition, but it keeps things like Kwame Brown being the #1 pick from happening. The league has gotten so much better now that the NBA can pick players based on a known quality. Also, there is just some sick basketball being played. All those high school superstars have totally blossomed now, and you have guys like D-wade and Lebron just destroying everything in their way.

I hate Kobe and the Lakers, but there are so many teams out there playing awesome basketball. And then there are teams like the Bulls, who can’t shoot a lick, but are still managing to beat a better team (of course, if KG was playing I don’t think the Bulls would have a chance).

Watching the Cavs play this post season, and for most of the season, has been just disgusting. They pass, shoot, dribble, defend, everything almost flawlessly. And it is a total team effort. LeBron is a modern Oscar Robertson, something most people never thought would ever happen again. And he’s doing it.

I feel like anyone who hates the NBA (I’ve always loved it, but that’s just how I was raised) needs to watch the Cavs play. That first round probably wasn’t EXCITING because they so overmatched Detroit, but, man, are they playing incredible basketball right now. If they don’t win the championship, it’s going to be a big, big deal.

They call fouls in the NBA. The only thing they don't call is traveling. Also, what is wrong with the best team winning it all?

Don’t forget that NBA games are longer, which means it isn’t real basketball.

I think alot of people started hating the NBA during the mid-90s. There were definitely some ballhogs (Allen Iverson, Glenn Robinson, etc. etc.) , but that no longer exist. The talent in the NBA now is right up there with the Magic, Jordan, Bird days and the competitiveness is just as high.